• Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Loving the staging. Go Lucie!

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Loving the staging. Go Lucie!

I agree! what do you think of the rehearsal for the uk song so far?

Metro.co.uk thinks we could have a shock win
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/07/the-un...-year-6620645/
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I listened to Bulgaria's yesterday for the first time and it sounded pretty good, I've adjusted my top 10 :yes::yes::yes:

ReputationRep:
    As usual I will only watch the finals.

Anyone else doing this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)

Anyone else doing this?
    Started watching semis in 2010, never went back

Plus there's always a number of good songs left behind
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Anyone else doing this?
    I've usually only watched the finals since I first started watching it but for the last 2 years I've been following the youtube channel for eurovision, so i think i might watch the semis this year
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IKEAPanda37)
    Started watching semis in 2010, never went back

Plus there's always a number of good songs left behind
    do you think the semis are worth watching? I like a good chunk if the songs this year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    do you think the semis are worth watching? I like a good chunk if the songs this year!
    LOL yeah bc some of my favs tend to go out (my #2 and #5 went out last year)

The ones that qualify to the final aren't necessarily the best
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    I agree! what do you think of the rehearsal for the uk song so far?

Metro.co.uk thinks we could have a shock win
    http://metro.co.uk/2017/05/07/the-un...-year-6620645/
    Yeah, rehearsals were good! I don't think a win is on the cards, but top 10...maybe even top 5 is possible. At this point I think Italy is almost unstoppable. Rome 2018.

ReputationRep:
    I really want to watch the semis again but I have exams this week IDK of I'll have time. I really hope navi get through I really love their entry. It was one of the first to be released and I still can't stop listening to it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studyranger)
    I really want to watch the semis again but I have exams this week IDK of I'll have time. I really hope navi get through I really love their entry. It was one of the first to be released and I still can't stop listening to it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nice choice! :five: I love Belarus' entry as well :love:
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    The live voting thread is now up! :excited:

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4698720

ReputationRep:
    I know everyone is saying the UK is a good entry and I think her staging us amazing I think it'll come maybe top 10 But i hope France and Armenia do really well. From what I've seen the Armenian staging looks good. I also really want Portugal to win!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Not a fan of our entry. There have been too many ballads of late IMO

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    :woo:

Me and my friend make a huge deal of Eurovision every year. It used to be so much better when it wasn't taken so seriously

Australia back again though :laugh:
    Dude, Aussies are mental about it. It's incredible. I think that's why we now seem to be a permanent fixture (lol). Plus it's all televised during the middle of the night there, so it's always mad all-nighters!
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Damn i didn't realise it was already that time of year.

Gonna be betting again, hoping to extend my profit to 4 years in a row. Anyone got tips?

I'll probably slap it all on UK finishing last... Feeling it after the Brexit vote.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I'll probably slap it all on UK finishing last... Feeling it after the Brexit vote.
    Remember it's 50/50 split between juries and televoting. And since last year's scoring changes the two are counted separately, so a good jury verdict ought to save us from an abysmal televote one. At least, let's hope it does.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Damn i didn't realise it was already that time of year.

Gonna be betting again, hoping to extend my profit to 4 years in a row. Anyone got tips?

First time betting on Eurovison, I bet on the UK to win (it was 50/1, now it is 25/1 :eek:), to place top 10 and to be the top of the 'Big 5' countries. I'd be really surprised if the UK didn't come top 10 this year, so I hope to at least win something. :afraid:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlinkyBill)
    Dude, Aussies are mental about it. It's incredible. I think that's why we now seem to be a permanent fixture (lol). Plus it's all televised during the middle of the night there, so it's always mad all-nighters!
    Amazing! Always wanted to go proper all out and have a massive Eurovision party. I bet a late night Aussie Eurovision party/BBQ would be amazing! Plenty of drinks and Eurovision. What's not to love?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:

Anyone else doing this?
    Yeah, I do this. I don't like the hear the songs over and over because it takes the fun out of it for me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.