Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Eurovision Song Contest 2017 Watch

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Remember it's 50/50 split between juries and televoting. And since last year's scoring changes the two are counted separately, so a good jury verdict ought to save us from an abysmal televote one. At least, let's hope it does.
    Ah forgot about the jury votes.

(Original post by Snufkin)
    First time betting on Eurovison, I bet on the UK to win (it was 50/1, now it is 25/1 :eek:), to place top 10 and to be the top of the 'Big 5' countries. I'd be really surprised if the UK didn't come top 10 this year, so I hope to at least win something. :afraid:
    I usually bet against the UK finishing top 10! My Ukraine bet last year was mental, I'd never pull off something like that again 😂

Of course, the running order changes everything so gonna wait until after both semifinals first.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

This year's Eurovision is shite bar maybe 6 countries. i'd usually buy the entire Eurovision studio album but this year only about 6 singles.

As a winner, I'd bet on Belgium/Latvia/Italy/BULGARIA (YASSS hOME COUNTRY)
      • Community Assistant
      • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by UWS)
      Ah forgot about the jury votes.

I usually bet against the UK finishing top 10! My Ukraine bet last year was mental, I'd never pull off something like that again 😂

Of course, the running order changes everything so gonna wait until after both semifinals first.
      How much did you win last year? :eek2:

The UK is in the second half (and Italy, the favourite, is in the first half), so things are looking good.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by UWS)
      Damn i didn't realise it was already that time of year.

Gonna be betting again, hoping to extend my profit to 4 years in a row. Anyone got tips?

I'll probably slap it all on UK finishing last... Feeling it after the Brexit vote.
      I think the four will be Italy, Portugal,Armenia and possibly Bulgaria.

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • TSR Support Team
      • Very Important Poster
      • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
      Put a bet on both Iceland and Australia to qualify for the finals :woo:
      • Very Important Poster
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Snufkin)
      How much did you win last year? :eek2:

The UK is in the second half (and Italy, the favourite, is in the first half), so things are looking good.
      Can't check, Betfair doesn't go back that far but I believe I had laid off my Australia bet then lumped on Ukraine at 2/1 or something like that. I think I won at least £100 from it, cos a few other bets came in too, my best ever year.

Has the draw been done yet? I thought the order for the final was done after both semi-finals, might be mistaken though.
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by UWS)
      Can't check, Betfair doesn't go back that far but I believe I had laid off my Australia bet then lumped on Ukraine at 2/1 or something like that. I think I won at least £100 from it, cos a few other bets came in too, my best ever year.

Has the draw been done yet? I thought the order for the final was done after both semi-finals, might be mistaken though.
      I don't think the final draw has been done, but the big 5 countries found out which half of the final they'd be in a few days ago.
      • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by UWS)

The big five draw to decide which half of the final they'll appear in (all are in the 2nd half except Italy), and the host country (Ukraine) also draws their exact position in the lineup (they got #22). The rest of the running order will be decided by the production team on Friday.

ReputationRep:
      What UK really needs to win is something catchy but they don't seem to have picked up (expect 2011) on that especially with countries like Sweden just sweeping the top spots each time.

Just imagining what would happen if Stormzy went on Eurovision though. I wonder what would happen

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by studyranger)
      I really hope Loreen wins the Swedish selection again and hopefully wins Eurovision again

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Euphoria was probably the best song in Eurovision yet for me. That atmosphere was mad especially towards the end of the song. They made it look like a film. Her voice is good too.

ReputationRep:
      I can't believe Finland r our that was a shocker!

Posted from TSR Mobile
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by studyranger)
      I can't believe Finland r our that was a shocker!

Posted from TSR Mobile
      ikr! I was shocked too (kinda annoyed at australia too, because Finland was a lot better than them) also I would swap Sweden for Georgia as well

OMG this has become my fav song

He is so good.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
        ikr! I was shocked too (kinda annoyed at australia too, because Finland was a lot better than them) also I would swap Sweden for Georgia as well
        I agree Georgia were good. I think Australia just have a lot of hype around them anyway Bc they r really new to the contest and Bc they r not actually in Europe that's probably why they already get a lot of attention. I have loved their entries tho. This year it's good it's just I would've preferred Finland tbh but I'm still happy he's in the final

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
        Montenegro was a guilty pleasure that will be missed

Posted from TSR Mobile
        • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
        # that moment when your own country's PM doesn't believe UK will ever win Eurovision

says it all tbh, no wonder we never win
        • Very Important Poster
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        I hope tonight is better than that shocker on Tuesday

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by UWS)
        I hope tonight is better than that shocker on Tuesday
        Today is the better semi don't worry :thumbsup:
        • Very Important Poster
        • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
        Just 2 bets for tonight.

Croatia to qualify
        Austria not to qualify (lay Austria)

Will probably go large on Saturday.
        • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by UWS)
        Just 2 bets for tonight.

Croatia to qualify
        Austria not to qualify (lay Austria)

Will probably go large on Saturday.
        noooo!!! - Austria are great!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
      Useful resources
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.