• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    noooo!!! - Austria are great!
    2nd in the running order and their song isn't that amazing
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It's not really a contest though is it? They all just vote for their buddies.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ)
    It's not really a contest though is it? They all just vote for their buddies.
    It is a contest, any country can win if they send a good song with good staging. If the UK took it as seriously as Sweden does, we would dominate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    It is a contest, any country can win if they send a good song with good staging. If the UK took it as seriously as Sweden does, we would dominate.
    I doubt it, they all hate us, no matter how amazing we are they'd probably still lowball us with our score.
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I doubt it, they all hate us, no matter how amazing we are they'd probably still lowball us with our score.
    The last time we sent a good song (2011) we came 5th. Every year since then our song choice has been poor (and in some cases, downright appalling), we got the scores we deserved. This year we have a good song and excellent staging, so we will get votes.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Typically the top 3 acts will be songs that have earned their place. Everything below that is political voting. If the UK sent something actually good, it could definitely make the top three. While political voting is certainly a big factor it isn't big enough to totally dominate the voting, especially since juries count for 50% of it.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Have listened to the last twelve songs, I liked just a few. In a way I don't like the new system of voting.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Wow, the winner song is unexpectedly good, I am a bit surprised. It is been a while that a song won I liked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    # that moment when your own country's PM doesn't believe UK will ever win Eurovision

says it all tbh, no wonder we never win
    We usually choose performances that do not stand out well from the rest of the crowd.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.