Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Uni is asking for proof of residency for the past three years? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I'm from Portugal and have moved to the UK in Dec/2015.

I've applied through UCAS and clearly stated the month and year in which I started living here.

I've got a couple of replies/offers already, but I'm confused with one in particular. Coventry Uni asked me for proof of residency for the years of 2014, 2015 and 2016, which I obviously don't have.

Does anyone know why? As the other ones didn't ask for that, I don't understand why they would request that. Do I have to be living here for three years?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markstr)
    Hi there,

I've applied through UCAS and clearly stated the month and year in which I started living here.

I've got a couple of replies/offers already, but I'm confused with one in particular. Coventry Uni asked me for proof of residency for the years of 2014, 2015 and 2016, which I obviously don't have.

Does anyone know why? As the other ones didn't ask for that, I don't understand why they would request that. Do I have to be living here for three years?

Thanks
    You need to email Coventry university, make it clear when you moved to the UK, and ask why they need it

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

Thanks
    They want to know whether to classify you as a Home or EU student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jelly1000)
    They want to know whether to classify you as a Home or EU student.
    Yeah, that's what I thought, until I read the email and they say "you have to submit the proof in order for us to continue with your application".

It seems like I NEED that in order to get in. Anyway, I've got the offer I wanted already, I'm just confused about this one, really.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't it be normal to ask a EU resident for evidence of their residency otherwise students from outside the EU would just try it to get the lower tuition fees. Just give them evidence of where you've lived for the last 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    They asked me to do the same, I sent the relevant information. They then responded saying that I didn't, few days after I got an offer. Just send it to them in the 14-day time frame.

Hi there,

Thanks
    In the EU or EEA for 3 years, so part for when you got into the UK and the period before you got here. You will need proof of residency if you intend to ask SFE to pay your fees.

Poll
Do you enjoy your job?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.