Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone here with an offer from Northumbria to study a course such as teaching, social work, nursing or midwifery? i currently hold an offer for midwifery and i'm just wondering where people are looking at for accommodation and why they are interested in that place. I'm mainly looking at Winn Studios or Camden court.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jad3s3yh4030)
    Is there anyone here with an offer from Northumbria to study a course such as teaching, social work, nursing or midwifery? i currently hold an offer for midwifery and i'm just wondering where people are looking at for accommodation and why they are interested in that place. I'm mainly looking at Winn Studios or Camden court.
    I'm looking at glenamara or Stephenson, purely based on value for money. I want to save as much of my loan as possible and can't justify an extra £20/£30 a week just for an en suite

I'm doing adult nursing btw!

ReputationRep:
    ahh right! true point. i know that winn Studios has a bus stop at the end of the street that runs to the coach lane Campus every 10 minutes from 7 am -10 pm so that was another reason i was looking & an ensuite to me is everything! if im with other students who are out every night and i just need peace and quiet due to doing night shifts id feel more confortable not having to leave my room to go to the toilet! weird i know but its just something about it, ive also looked at private halls for 112 or something close to that its called Rosedale Court check it out, its next door to winn Studios x

ReputationRep:
    ahh right! true point. i know that winn Studios has a bus stop at the end of the street that runs to the coach lane Campus every 10 minutes from 7 am -10 pm so that was another reason i was looking & an ensuite to me is everything! if im with other students who are out every night and i just need peace and quiet due to doing night shifts id feel more confortable not having to leave my room to go to the toilet! weird i know but its just something about it, ive also looked at private halls for 112 or something close to that its called Rosedale Court check it out, its next door to winn Studios x
    Ah didn't know about the bus stop for Winn! That's a definite plus then, if you wanted to be closer to town Camden is closer than Winn but the closest bus stop from there to coach lane is probably haymarket which is a 10 minute walk. If you're looking into private halls, knoll court is a good shout, it's £99 a week but en suite!

I'd just feel like I'd be more comfortable in university accommodation and I'm not too fussed about sharing a bathroom so that's why I'm probably going to go for one of the cheaper options! X

ReputationRep:
    just had a look at that now! it looks quite nice, are they associated with the uni?
    Also, do you know how far away the town centre is from winn? also do you think it would be more difficult to apply for private halls rather than the uni because i'd consider it more in the second year as id have more experience of newcastle x

ReputationRep:
    just had a look at that now! it looks quite nice, are they associated with the uni?
    Also, do you know how far away the town centre is from winn? also do you think it would be more difficult to apply for private halls rather than the uni because i'd consider it more in the second year as id have more experience of newcastle x
    Not sure if they're officially associated but I know they take students from both Northumbria and Newcastle! Winn is about 20 minutes walk from town, not as close as Camden so better to get taxis or an uber for a night out haha. I doubt it's much different going for private halls tbh x

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.