What's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    smokes

ReputationRep:
    Pronounces 'scone' incorrectly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parliament)
    What's the correct pronunciation of it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmd12345)
    What's the correct pronunciation of it??
    Rhymes with 'bone', 'phone', 'tone', 'cone' etc

I've just successfully triggered 50% of the internet. Be gentle, it's my first time.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Parliament)
    Most people pronounce it like "con". Kinda annoys me too tbh. But I think it's a regional thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Most people pronounce it like "con". Kinda annoys me too tbh. But I think it's a regional thing.
    Cambridge University researched it (groundbreaking research, I know):
    http://assets3.bigthink.com/system/t...png?1481485615

(article: http://irishpost.co.uk/how-do-you-pr...-old-question/ - also contains a useful map about 'arm' pronunciation)

ReputationRep:
    I dont

ReputationRep:
    Didn't have a good command of the English language over text. There isn't anything more irksome than 'hey hun wuu2 how r u'.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Scone thing apparently doesn't bother me enough as my partner tries to tell me scone like a cone is wrong. And corrects me all the time which is more irritating than his s"con"e

But I'd definitely not date someone if I discovered they'd come on here and ever done one of those irritating age gap posts. Firstly, can you not read? There's so many of them you don't need to make a new one to get an answer. And often it's creepy guys wanting someone to say it's fine to sleep with jail bait. - which is a less shallow reason.

ReputationRep:
    If they disliked gaming

Also if they said they don't like chicken , I actually met a guy (not for dating purposes mind you lol) who said he despised chicken, my jaw went down to my knees. He must have been deprived of the London Chicken & Chips experience. He wasn't even feeling Nando's! I know this sounds all too unbelievable...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    What are reasons you wouldn't date someone?
    Give the most shallow reasons if you want or general reasons... List them all!

I wouldn't date her if she was a smoker or if she took drugs. Or if she was dead, probably self-explanatory really...

Add a few more:

Bad teeth
    No ambition in life
    Lazy
    Too religious
    Fat

Discuss.
    If the girl was a liverpool supporter
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owain5)
    If the girl was a liverpool supporter
    Top bants and I'm a Man United fan (inb4 I get rekt).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Top bants and I'm a Man United fan (inb4 I get rekt).
    I REALLY couldn't date a girl who really supported Liverpool lol. They are the one team I can't stand lol. I don't know why, always despised the club, the people from there and everything about Liverpool as a city and as the place too.

Most people from my college class is going to Liverpool uni next year, but Liverpool is the one place I won't even look at lol.

I'm a Man United fan too big Man United supporter
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owain5)
    I REALLY couldn't date a girl who really supported Liverpool lol. They are the one team I can't stand lol. I don't know why, always despised the club, the people from there and everything about Liverpool as a city and as the place too.

Most people from my college class is going to Liverpool uni next year, but Liverpool is the one place I won't even look at lol.

I'm a Man United fan too big Man United supporter
    Even if she was really sexy though?

Like maybe you could compensate or something

Have like some crazy sex games about football idk :lol:

ReputationRep:
    If they ugly :shrugs:

Is a slight gap between the front teeth as bad as crooked teeth.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't date him if he had small feet... You know what I'm saying

Wouldn't date her if she had a facial tattoo... I couldn't look at her saying anything

ReputationRep:
    They're younger than me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lool everyone talking about crooked teeth makes me more insecure about mine as I have gap between my front teeth.

ReputationRep:
    owerweight, big or bulbous nose, ugly/yellow/dirty teeth, crocs, unfashionable, bad breath, a scientist's hair, no fascial definition (people with puffy faces).... ohh and the list could go on......

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.