Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Even if she was really sexy though?

Like maybe you could compensate or something

Have like some crazy sex games about football idk :lol:
    There was one girl from Liverpool who I got close to a few months back... didn't work out because of how insecure I was. She wanted me, but I thought she only wanted to fck me. So I just cooled off her, then my mate made me realise she actually did want me for me. But we never talked again after I rejected her so just awkward now and don't talk to her at all anymore (I don't think she was into football even though she was REALLY hot).

ReputationRep:
    No degree.

Awks.

A hipster beard.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drez999)
    Wouldn't date him if he had small feet... You know what I'm saying

Wouldn't date her if she had a facial tattoo... I couldn't look at her saying anything
    I'm a size 7.

Spoiler:
    Show
    As for me shoes I'm a size 7.5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Twinpeaks)
    No degree.

Careful Twinpeaks, ...the numbers do not add up, there has been significantly more women attending university than men for some time now, and it's only getting larger, you may find yourself becoming an old cat lady if you're not careful

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-36266753

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    Careful Twinpeaks, ...the numbers do not add up, there has been significantly more women attending university than men for some time now, and it's only getting larger, you may find yourself becoming an old cat lady if you're not careful

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-36266753
    I can choose to be selective :flutter:

ReputationRep:
    1. Being rude to waiters and attendants. I do not believe that people can be selectively nice. If you are nice to me but rude to other people, you are generally not nice. No need pretending. The measure of humility is in how one treats those that are economically less privileged.

2. Make sexual comments about me and I will dump you hotter than a potato especially if we have just met.

3. Start with the stupid sexist theories e.g women are created to be in the kitchen.

4. Try having an argument with me about how God does not exist.

5. Obsession with 22 men running after a football.

6. Wouldnt date you if you used to be a woman or have intentions of changing your gender at any point in life.

7. Wouldnt come near you if you say that "all men cheat. Get over it."

8. Wouldnt date you if you support Trump. Even if you were the last person in the universe, I would die single.

9. Wouldnt date an academic failure.

10. Wouldnt date you if you were not older than me.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalDiaries)
    1. Being rude to waiters and attendants. I do not believe that people can be selectively nice. If you are nice to me but rude to other people, you are generally not nice. No need pretending. The measure of humility is in how one treats those that are economically less privileged.

2. Make sexual comments about me and I will dump you hotter than a potato especially if we have just met.

3. Start with the stupid sexist theories e.g women are created to be in the kitchen.

4. Try having an argument with me about how God does not exist.

5. Obsession with 22 men running after a football.

6. Wouldnt date you if you used to be a woman or have intentions of changing your gender at any point in life.

7. Wouldnt come near you if you say that "all men cheat. Get over it."

8. Wouldnt date you if you support Trump. Even if you were the last person in the universe, I would die single.

9. Wouldnt date an academic failure.

10. Wouldnt date you if you were not older than me.
    Basically, you want to date a version of you? Right?

Good luck with that, as I highlighted the above, most men do watch a game for 90+ minutes - its not a big deal but whatever.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    No degree.
    This is the best one yet. What if they were currently studying?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tornbeyondreason)
    Didn't have a good command of the English language over text. There isn't anything more irksome than 'hey hun wuu2 how r u'.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    This bothers me too. No, I'm not asking for perfect English; but please, make your texts readable. Don't really like replying with "eh?" because I can't understand what you mean.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owain5)
    There was one girl from Liverpool who I got close to a few months back... didn't work out because of how insecure I was. She wanted me, but I thought she only wanted to fck me. So I just cooled off her, then my mate made me realise she actually did want me for me. But we never talked again after I rejected her so just awkward now and don't talk to her at all anymore (I don't think she was into football even though she was REALLY hot).
    You never know unless you try, I'm sure you'll meet more though

(Original post by ErinMei)
    They're younger than me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How old are you?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Lool everyone talking about crooked teeth makes me more insecure about mine as I have gap between my front teeth.
    Lol I think this thread has made many people feel insecure :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    This is the best one yet. What if they were currently studying?
    Obviously logic would suggest that would be included?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigMan Ting)
    Basically, you want to date a version of you? Right?

Good luck with that, as I highlighted the above, most men do watch a game for 90+ minutes - its not a big deal but whatever.
    Please tell me that you did not miss the word "obsession" when it is clearly right there in my sentence.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Obviously logic would suggest that would be included?
    Just checking.

ReputationRep:
    Being in the IRA they complain constantly and end up having everything removed from our nice country.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LegalDiaries)
    Please tell me that you did not miss the word "obsession" when it is clearly right there in my sentence.
    Being a football fan and watching a game every week might be a bit 'obsessive' in your book. I do exactly that, doesn't mean my whole life revolves around football and I'm pretty sure it goes the same for everyone else.

ReputationRep:
    A lot of reasons I think) but let's say, height (being short) ,sexism, being a hater (like talking **** about anything he doesn't agree with) , if he hates or he is against vegetarians/vegans as I'm a vegetarian ,being religious(i don't hate religious people but I don't belive in god so I'd rather not spend my life with a religious person) and one of the most important, if he hates animals I wouldn't even talk with him at all

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I'm a size 7.

Spoiler:
    Show

As for me shoes I'm a size 7.5
    'Ello Sailor...

Suits you Sir...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)

How old are you?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Shorter than me
    Several years younger/older than me
    Bad skin
    Greasy hair
    Unhygienic
    Someone showing early signs of balding
    Someone who sniffs really loudly instead of blowing their nose
    Loud eaters (ugggghhhh don't get me started)
    Heavily religious (I am not against religion but I don't want someone trying to preach to me/convert me)
    I honestly don't think I could bring myself to date a convict, no matter what the crime

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who uses the word society to much or tells me they will slap me or knock me out or hit me or someone who thinks they are the best. Or uses their phone to often as I don't think mobiles really make any benefit to modern day life I practically shun snapchat and I'm a big believer in people being like penguins I'm a bit religious.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.