Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone? Watch

• Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    if a guy below about 8/10 in looks he is better off using OKC, I was on there some years ago and got more replies on there than pof and other dating site. The way okcupid is structured it emphaises compatability and personality more which results in looks not carrying as much weight as sites like tinder/pof

I know two very good looking males who got lots of attention on pof get absolutely no girls messaging them first on OKc. One of them was so angry that after 2 days he deleted his OKc profile and went back to pof ..lol

the classic "hey sexy" messages that women are said to mass receive from guys are pretty rare. I've set up a couple of fake female profiles in the past to get an idea of the competition i was facing and literally only like 2 messages were along those lines. A lot of men are using copy and paste's though, some are blatently obvious ..some a bit more subtle. A lot of men are putting a good amount of effort into their messages too. one or two opening messages were like mini novels.

no matter what female I used, they all got a lot of attention, even a conventionally unattractive white woman I used got a fair amount of attention. However what was interesting was that most of the hot guys who would messages her were ethnic. It seems ethnic men are thirstier than white men. Not much "hot" white guys messaged her.

and yes, I agree with you about real life, I prefer to meet women there too as well.
    I get messaged more on OKC tbh, hardly ever on POF so I kinda just gave that up (:dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:y user interface too). On OKC, I find that if you have a high match %, you're more likely to get a reply, they even did their own studies on this and it does make sense really. I do like OKC because you answer questions and then you can compare if there are any "dealbreakers" as such. It's become more look based with their new "double take" swiping feature but I find it's more tailored towards personality on there.

I had a few female friends set up accounts on OKC and they received a lot of messages, quite a handful of "hi" or "hey" and several "how are you?" openers, which is what I avoid doing. Just show some sort of interest in their profile and not trying so hard to get laid works best lol.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    cuties
    You are

ReputationRep:
    Fat
    Acne
    Short hair
    Bad teeth
    Hairy

ReputationRep:
    Too fat or skinny,Too stupid, too ugly, too quiet and boring.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Too many dicks pleasured

Being shorter than me, smoking and taking drugs..

ReputationRep:
    - Loud chewing and poor table mannerisms
    - Cocky personality
    - If they were shorter than me
    - If they were constantly busy and didn't speak to me as much as they should
    I can't really think of anything else atm but there's probably way more stupid little things

ReputationRep:
    I do not like vegans that force it upon others.
    I do not like highly religious people.
    I hate people who require constant attention, especially over text message. People who flip cause i haven't replied for 15 mins
    An odd one is I actually don't like big boobs at all. Massive turn off for me.

ReputationRep:
    If they're short or shorter than me

ReputationRep:
    ugly clothes

ReputationRep:
    If she can't make a round roti

ReputationRep:
    If her bum is flat
    If she smokes
    If she wears loads of makeup and looks like every other girl
    If she's darker than me
    If she's taller than me.
    If she can't cook.
    Then I would not date her.

ReputationRep:
    an illegal immigrant

ReputationRep:
    Eyes too far apart.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.