Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's a shallow reason you wouldn't date someone? Watch

• Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JasonDu)
    This is actually brilliant, I have taken the liberty of filling it out like some kind of application form.

1. I am 5'4 so instantly ruled out
    2. I am 20.
    3. If anything i'm a little skinny, but physically very fit.
    4. Great hygiene.
    5. None really.
    6. I agree with this
    7. I have only been with one girl (in a previous relationship)
    8. I dress great.
    9. Cannot stand them, i'm a centrist with a strong interest in the way other people think about things, I have more interest in learning from others than babbling about myself.
    10. Nah none of this.
    11. No drugs or smoking.
    12. I work as an admin and help tutor adults with basic skills, I want to join the civil service.
    13. Well my ex was Polish, the best friend i've ever had was Jamaican and my long friend from school is gay so yeah.
    14. I prefer the fifteenth century anyway.
    15. This is so creepy i've never heard of this.
    16. I hate hair tbh, I have short hair or just long enough to part.
    17. I cannot see myself married for a while.
    18. I am white British
    19. I went to University but quit, I love learning about everything, botany, animals, philosophy, history, law, you name it.
    20. I am responsible, I know no one will hold me to account except myself, and that I need to do this as much as possible. I hate playing games.
    Aww, thank you :blushing:

Fill it out all you want! Everyone can fill it out :teeth:

1. The height gets most guys :rofl: If it helps, I use what I call the +10 centimetres rule. If you are 10 centimetres taller than the girl, she will see you as being tall in comparison to her. (Since you are 162.5 cm/5'4", that would mean a girl who is 152.5 cm/5'1" tall would see you as tall.) As such, you would fit her definition of 'tall' in relation to herself, so there should be no problem regarding your height. And let us not forget not everyone cares about height or follows the +10 centimetres rule like I do.

2. 20 is just a tad bit too old for me (mostly because I am in my last year of college), but were I 18 and in university, I would see it as it being within my age range (my age range would be more like 17/18-20 then). Once again, age ranges differ from person to person, change over time, depend on individual circumstances, and most people do not seem to care at all, so you are fine in this aspect.

3+4+5+6+7+8+9+10+11+12+13+16+17+ 18+20. Perfect!

14. What :rofl:

15. Oh, you sweet summer child, be thankful you have never heard of it. :afraid:

19. Dependant on the person's level of education and how much their care about their partner's education.

(Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    lol I fail like 8/20
    That is alright, it is just my list of reasons why I would not date someone after all :rofl:

It's okay, you'll find someone who doesn't mind people with severe mental retardation.

Ok that was savage nothing personal :0
    SAVAGE! Calm down, Satan!

ReputationRep:
    Almost forgot:

I don't date picky women. I'm not mr perfect ...and if I learn a woman has been single a long time and likes going on loads of dates etc and still hasn't found someone I find it a huge turnoff and my interest in her vanishes.

ReputationRep:
    Height! If you date people based on their height then you're shallow af

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ANM775)
    Almost forgot:

I don't date picky women. I'm not mr perfect ...and if I learn a woman has been single a long time and likes going on loads of dates etc and still hasn't found someone I find it a huge turnoff and my interest in her vanishes.
    Sometimes I get bored so I like women like this, sweep her off her feet like no other guy can, gives you a good ego boost.

tasha_tah
      Spoiler:
      Show

Spoiler:
      Show
      Why are you so fat for :toofunny:

Spoiler:
      Show
      I need to lose weight man :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      Sometimes I get bored so I like women like this, sweep her off her feet like no other guy can, gives you a good ego boost.

there's no guy that can continuously sweep picky women off their feet.

ReputationRep:
      Definitely no smokers.

It's not just unattractive but it would interfere with our relationship.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by ANM775)
      there's no guy that can continuously sweep picky women off their feet.
      Hook me up with the next picky woman you meet and we'll test you theory
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Hook me up with the next picky woman you meet and we'll test you theory
      Well, I am a picky woman and you already failed my list thanks to your height and age, so... :rofl:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Michiyo)
      Well, I am a picky woman and you already failed my list thanks to your height and age, so... :rofl:
      Damn you're right. Still, you have to be some kind of wizard to pull online anyway, in the offline world there are ways you can ease someone into your way of viewing things

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cbreef)
      Surprised this one isn't more common. They all just say "not shorter than me" which I interpret as "tall or no deal"
      I'm 5'8 so the taller the guy,the better

Oh and he has to have a 6inches + wang And 5 inches + girth :sexface: loooool
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Damn you're right. Still, you have to be some kind of wizard to pull online anyway, in the offline world there are ways you can ease someone into your way of viewing things
      Just join an adult-themed chatroom and score :rofl:

Like alcohol? Well, I do not drink and cannot be persuaded since I am stubborn as hell, so... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      Just join an adult-themed chatroom and score :rofl:

Like alcohol? Well, I do not drink and cannot be persuaded since I am stubborn as hell,:rolleyes: so...
      How sleazy do you think I am :rofl:

Saying the right things, making people feel good about themselves, having good friends who put in a good word, all go a long way to a girl compromising on issues she no longer feels are significant.
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      How sleazy do you think I am :rofl:

Saying the right things, making people feel good about themselves, having good friends who put in a good word, all go a long way to a girl compromising on issues she no longer feels are significant.
      I do not even know you, let alone know how sleazy you are :rofl:

Damn, you are good :zomg: Nice ones :yep::five:

Thank you, I shall use this knowledge to protect myself from guys who just want to get into my pants

ReputationRep:
      I do not even know you, let alone know how sleazy you are :rofl:

Damn, you are good :zomg: Nice ones :yep::five:

Thank you, I shall use this knowledge to protect myself from guys who just want to get into my pants
      Lol you are a suspicious one aren't you? Yes be careful of the good looking guy with the silver tongue.
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      Lol you are a suspicious one aren't you? Yes be careful of the good looking guy with the silver tongue.
      I am a spy, m8, I need to be suspicious :ninjagirl:

ReputationRep:
      Skin colour
      Spending habits
      • Very Important Poster
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SeanFM)
      Agreed, I was trying to think where the shallow reasons were
      (Original post by claireestelle)
      I wouldn't count your reasons as shallow but if they are then same
      Please, I was on the bus when I made this thread so rushed it. It's updated now for you to see

I could be even more shallow if I wanted to..
      • Community Assistant
      • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by UWS)
      Please, I was on the bus when I made this thread so rushed it. It's updated now for you to see

I could be even more shallow if I wanted to..
      Do it :devil:

If you feel shallow, just read my list, I am probably among the most shallow people in this thread :rofl:
      • Very Important Poster
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by AngryRedhead)
      If they weren't white.... Sorry, it's just my preferences
      Nothing wrong with that...

(Original post by emerald7770)
      Someone's who's loud, shorter than me, even as little as 1 second younger than me, and someone's who's too goodlooking
      Too good looking?

(Original post by queen-bee)
      He's not 6ft+

(Original post by alexschmalex)
      If she's not a ginger I'm not interested, although I think that's pretty reasonable and not shallow at all
      Not at all, if that's what you're in to

(Original post by cherryred90s)
      If they are too friendly
      Ohhh, so there is such thing as being too nice

(Original post by CupcakePuppy)
      Wouldn't date someone who doesn't like dogs.
      I love dogs Huskies especially!

x
      I failed everything pretty much I don't qualify for your date Michiyo.

(Original post by Miss.Unknow)
      Height! If you date people based on their height then you're shallow af
      I'm very short (5'3) so I think that's my main issue :rofl:

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 14, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.