Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I'm in my late 20's and always thought by 30 I would be in a long term relationship and have children. Having a family has always been my dream and the only thing I can think of that would make me really happy.

I had a relationship with someone I really loved last year and he was like a good friend aswell as a partner. I thought we would be together for ages but things unexpectedly took a turn for the worse. We started arguing over some minor things and he fell out of love with me. I was/still am devastated. If it didn't work with him I'm scared it won't work with anyone. I've lost faith that relationships work and not sure i even want one again.
    People break up and that's life. It seems that everyone inevitably breaks up for whatever reason, becomes unhappy or cheat on their partner. I even hear alot of people who are secretly really unhappy/unfilled/regret being a parent.

I feel really lost like I don't even know what I want anymore. What I have always wanted doesn't seem to be so good after all.

Anyone feel the same or have anything helpful to say?

I know how you feel. I'm 26 this year and haven't had the greatest of luck with love. I'm not sure if and when I'll meet someone who I could potentially settle with. I'm trying to focus on my career for the time being and hope it comes along when I'm not actively looking, but it's hard to not feel crappy about it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.