Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HAnwar)
    If you don't want to do something but still do it, just to make your parents happy, then you will get a lot of reward for it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    but if i do it i'll just be hating on them the whole time so my deeds will be cancelled out lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    whether u wear it or not make sure u keep praying
    will do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mervin101)
    love the two responses above me btw ^

prayer is the MOST important. Its what makes you muslim and you do along with other core values.
    Modesty is fardh in Islam. Don't listen to idiots who say you're doomed or you're not a muslim if you don't wear the hijab
    just take your time but have an honest relationship with god its better to do what you do sincerely for GOD (pray, fast,stay away from pork.alcohol) then wear a hijab, lose long skirts, have relationships with boys and hardly pray
    Yeah i agree, thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    That was originally addressed to the OP but I think they deleted it now anyway.
    i didnt deletee anything & yeah im a virgin obv i have temptations but im not planning on losing my virginity before marriage thats like a complete no for me, so i feel like my clothes shouldnt matter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    there's no point of attracting men when we're not allowed to do things with them in islam lmao

you can just look nice to look nice as well

I'm not saying women don't dress for (the good looking) men out there, but when you know you can't do anything with men it's really not like that lol .
    TRUE i do it to look good/feel good bout myself :'(

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whatfuture)
    Hopefully i'll dress better when im older lol
    Who's to say you'll live till older lol :/

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to wear an abaya to dress modestly. Just find clothes in the middle? To be honest, you sound like a better, more practicing Muslim than the Muslims I know so I'd be proud of yourself.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I can stay away from alcohol, drugs, etc. but I can never wear modest clothing? I know what the quran etc says but like I just idc. I pray, fast, give charity etc. but I just CAN'T stay away from like tight clothes? I don't think a girl should be required to cover up bc it it is natural for people to look etc... my parents & I have v conflicting opinions about this, so I usually change clothes when I leave the house :\
    opinions?
    no hate

Sister its good that you are staying away from the other stuff - dont let Shaytan think that what you are doing is not good enough.

With the clothing, of course you know what the right way to cloth is, so over time pray to God and he will help you - it also requires effort on your part.

And importantly, do it for God and not for your parents. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I can stay away from alcohol, drugs, etc. but I can never wear modest clothing? I know what the quran etc says but like I just idc. I pray, fast, give charity etc. but I just CAN'T stay away from like tight clothes? I don't think a girl should be required to cover up bc it it is natural for people to look etc... my parents & I have v conflicting opinions about this, so I usually change clothes when I leave the house :\
    opinions?
    no hate
    People are being really rude here.

So many girls dont wear hijab or dress modestly. I know of many girls that change their clothes or take off their hijab, I have friends that used to do it and still do it. Don't worry about it, people are being harsh. Dressing modestly also means you cant wear makeup but people still do this. You can't talk to boys casually either in islam, but those being rude to you probably do this aswell. Ignore them please, you will dress modestly when you feel comfortable to do so, not because you are being pressured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bex.anne)
    People are being really rude here.

So many girls dont wear hijab or dress modestly. I know of many girls that change their clothes or take off their hijab, I have friends that used to do it and still do it. Don't worry about it, people are being harsh. Dressing modestly also means you cant wear makeup but people still do this. You can't talk to boys casually either in islam, but those being rude to you probably do this aswell. Ignore them please, you will dress modestly when you feel comfortable to do so, not because you are being pressured.
    thank you soo much xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mts396)
    Sister its good that you are staying away from the other stuff - dont let Shaytan think that what you are doing is not good enough.

With the clothing, of course you know what the right way to cloth is, so over time pray to God and he will help you - it also requires effort on your part.

And importantly, do it for God and not for your parents. Good luck.
    hello, thank you for this reply many thanks

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.