Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with how they find travel to uni if it's a hour/two hours away.
    I haven't been accepted for the unis that are closer and haven't heard back from Chester and live in Liverpool also UCLAN is a option.
    Any help advice would be good thank you x

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am a current first year at chester and also decided to stay at home. I commute from liverpool to chester.
    I personally don't mind the commute, this year i'm doing it by train and hopefully will pass my driving test in the summer. As to advice you need to have a think about what kind of social life you want while at uni, as the trains stop running at around 10:30 (I think) so going on nights out can be a little difficult. I personally didn't mind missing the Chester freshers week as I went out in Liverpool instead. You could always spend your first year at home and move to Chester for your second

Hope this has helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GL1993)
    Hi
    I am a current first year at chester and also decided to stay at home. I commute from liverpool to chester.
    I personally don't mind the commute, this year i'm doing it by train and hopefully will pass my driving test in the summer. As to advice you need to have a think about what kind of social life you want while at uni, as the trains stop running at around 10:30 (I think) so going on nights out can be a little difficult. I personally didn't mind missing the Chester freshers week as I went out in Liverpool instead. You could always spend your first year at home and move to Chester for your second

Hope this has helped
    Thank you so much for replying,
    How long would you say it takes on the train and getting from the train station to the Uni?
    I won't mind missing out on them to be fair I'm not much of a partier anymore and I want to stay in Liverpool as I have two children and my childcare for them is only two doors away with their nan. It has loads.

ReputationRep:
    It depends on what station but from Liverpool Central (or James street at the moment while the wirral line is being done) it takes 40 minutes by train. And depending on what campus you are on it takes about 20 minutes to main campus from the station or 15 to Queens park.
    If you have any more questions just let me know

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.