Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    From what I understand this curriculum was introduced in 2015.

Could those of you who have already experienced it please comment on some of or all of the following:

1. How much clinical experience is gained in the first two years?,

2. Whether the course is integrated (website says its mostly integrated i.e. learning by systems as opposed to topic) or traditional?,

3. If it is still generally a 2 year theory / lecture then 3 years clinical system.

4. Where your clinical placements are?

5. General Medicine life at Kings and overall impressions of the university / course

Thank you so much for your time!

ReputationRep:
    So there is still a transition period with the new curriculum, currently the 1st and 4th years are on the new curriculum.

1. In the old curriculum there was minimal clinical exposure in the first two years, some GP and hospital day visits. - Having a quick look now, in the new first year you will cover your medical sciences. The new 2nd year is more integrated, you'll get much more clinical exposure by the looks of it. Sorry I don't have more info

2. The course looks to be moving towards a more integrated curriculum

3. see 1

4. We have three main clusters. 1)Guy's and St. Thomas'. 2)King's college hospital 3) Lewisham university hospital. There are also peripheral placements e.g. medway, margate, cantebury etc.

5. GKT is cool, I'm reasonably happy with the course - It'll be interesting to see how well the new curriculum is rolled out..

ReputationRep:
    In the new curriculum are you taught through traditional didactic lecture or PBL / Case based learning or a mix of both?

Thank you!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.