Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    First year now living off campus, looking to see where all the mature students hang out as I'm 34 and living in Kenny/Fairfield in a flat on my own. Usually wasn't about at the weekend but I will be now and looking to see what most of you guys/girls do with yourselves.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by paul_gt4)
    First year now living off campus, looking to see where all the mature students hang out as I'm 34 and living in Kenny/Fairfield in a flat on my own. Usually wasn't about at the weekend but I will be now and looking to see what most of you guys/girls do with yourselves.
    Dont they have a mature students society? You could just as well hang out with the postgrads as well.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a very active mature students society and a lot of them are parents from what I've gathered and obviously weekends would be family time so trying to see who else is out there and what they do with their down time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paul_gt4)
    It's not a very active mature students society and a lot of them are parents from what I've gathered and obviously weekends would be family time so trying to see who else is out there and what they do with their down time.
    I'm in the same position as you!

Although I love where I live now, commute just too much so thinking of moving to L'pool next year.

What are you studying?

ReputationRep:
    Marine biology and oceanography

ReputationRep:
    Hi just wondering how you're finding the course? Im thinking of applying to study marine biology as a mature student next year and would love to hear what you think of it? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Loving the course, roughly 20 hours per week. Much of the course is practical as well, which is a bonus if you learn better that way. I'm the only mature student of this years intake and I've fitted in well. Any other questions you have ask away.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, thanks for such a quick reply! Just wondering did you have to do an Access to HE course or anything similar? I have the A level requirements but from 10 years ago and I haven't done any studying since, so I'm sure I'll have to do something!

ReputationRep:
    I did, I done the access diploma in science through Ulster university in Northern Ireland. It really helped, I also had the A level grades but decided I needed to get my mind in gear again but honestly now looking back I think I should have just came straight to university. The access course was more difficult than what they've given me so far, but it did really help as much of what I covered this year was covered through the diploma.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles:

University of Liverpool Guide

Featured accommodation profiles:

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Quick links:

Unanswered University of Liverpool ThreadsStalking pages becomes University Connect, connect to other Liverpool applicants now!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.