The Student Room Group

Any programs like NCS or DofE but aviation related?

1 1 day ago Report post
I don't know how to exactly explain what I mean, so I'll have to give an example, like NCS and DofE these 2 things are a program in which you develop various skills while having fun along the way and after it goes on your CV which unis and employers value. Thing is, is there any sort of program like this that relates to aviation and is intended for young aspiring pilots (15+ or something like that), like where you meet other aspiring pilots, pilots and other people who work in the aviation industry.Where you participate in a variety of activities that are somehow related to aviation? And if there is can you mention it in your CV and will it benefit because I am EXTREMELY, cannot get this across enough, enthusiastic about planes. Am I making any sense?, hope you have some sort of idea of what I'm asking! lol
Perhaps check out ACF Air Cadets online and see if there's a squadron nearby you can check out and maybe join if it's something you'd like?
Reply 2
Original post by theaverage1
1 1 day ago Report post
I don't know how to exactly explain what I mean, so I'll have to give an example, like NCS and DofE these 2 things are a program in which you develop various skills while having fun along the way and after it goes on your CV which unis and employers value. Thing is, is there any sort of program like this that relates to aviation and is intended for young aspiring pilots (15+ or something like that), like where you meet other aspiring pilots, pilots and other people who work in the aviation industry.Where you participate in a variety of activities that are somehow related to aviation? And if there is can you mention it in your CV and will it benefit because I am EXTREMELY, cannot get this across enough, enthusiastic about planes. Am I making any sense?, hope you have some sort of idea of what I'm asking! lol

Check out your local gliding club. They often run cadet schemes or junior gliding. I hated air cadets, too much marching and no flying.

I left and went to my local gliding club. I now fly every weekend. I went solo at 14 and spend my time surrounded by like minded young people and older club members who are ex pilots, engineer etc. I get to run launch point (air traffic control), drive golf buggies to retrieve gliders and do basic engineering projects in the hangars.

Quick Reply

Latest