Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm stuck between which one to go to? Love both places equally. I've applied for Fashion Communication at Nottingham Trent and Fashion Communication with Business Studies at Brighton. The course at Brighton is 4 years (3rd year industry placement) while Nottingham Trent is just 3 years. Both have a brilliant repuation for Fashion. I'm stuck in choosing....PLEASE HELP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxk1998)
    I'm stuck between which one to go to? Love both places equally. I've applied for Fashion Communication at Nottingham Trent and Fashion Communication with Business Studies at Brighton. The course at Brighton is 4 years (3rd year industry placement) while Nottingham Trent is just 3 years. Both have a brilliant repuation for Fashion. I'm stuck in choosing....PLEASE HELP
    I've applied for both unis too!! Definitely choosing though brighton since you get the year out in the fashion industry plus its close to london which i believe can give can offer more opportunities, jobs etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elu)
    I've applied for both unis too!! Definitely choosing though brighton since you get the year out in the fashion industry plus its close to london which i believe can give can offer more opportunities, jobs etc
    I got an unconditional from Brighton and a conditional from Brighton - the course at Brighton is better yet I feel like I'd prefer the campus/city of Nottingham - have you received an offer from Brighton?

ReputationRep:
    I got an unconditional from Brighton and a conditional from Brighton - the course at Brighton is better yet I feel like I'd prefer the campus/city of Nottingha'm - have you received an offer from Brighton?
    Yeah i've gotten unconditional offers from both, as well as one from middlesex so I just need to confirm my offer now! Good luck btw and i guess i might see you in september hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you get a placement year out of the Brighton one I'd reccommend that cos experience is VERY important to getting jobs.

I'd go for Brighton keep in mind though, Nottingham would be cheaper cos it's a cheaper area to live in. But I'd go with Brighton

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Owain5)
    Well, if you get a placement year out of the Brighton one I'd reccommend that cos experience is VERY important to getting jobs.

I'd go for Brighton keep in mind though, Nottingham would be cheaper cos it's a cheaper area to live in. But I'd go with Brighton
    Plus Brighton was voted 13th best globally for Fashion where as Nottingham Trent was 33rd. Plus Trent doesn't have a dark room and is focused more on the high street sector of Fashion - so I'm definitely taking more of a fancy to Brighton!

ReputationRep:
    Plus Brighton was voted 13th best globally for Fashion where as Nottingham Trent was 33rd. Plus Trent doesn't have a dark room and is focused more on the high street sector of Fashion - so I'm definitely taking more of a fancy to Brighton!
    I kinda wish a bit I'd have applied to Brighton. I'd LOVE to go live and study somewhere beachy for 3 or 4 years

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.