Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm planning to start studying at Jordanstown in September so I need to start thinking about accommodation soon. I'm not sure about staying at the Jordanstown halls so I will need to find alternative accommodation.

I am wondering if many non-Stranmillis students stay at the Stranmillis halls or if there is many non-Stranmillis students planning to stay there in September.

ReputationRep:
    You're aware Stranmillis is QUB right? Doubt they'll let you stay there :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Et Tu, Brute?)
    You're aware Stranmillis is QUB right? Doubt they'll let you stay there :/
    Yea I know it's QUB. I was looking at different accomodation and found this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by "Username")
    Yea I know it's QUB. I was looking at different accomodation and found this
    Ah fair enough, never knew that. I'm sure there are a fair few non-Stanmillis students there. The reason I was surprised they'd let you stay there is my uni in England hasn't even got enough spaces for the all first years that come each year. Stanmillis would have a fairly small (relative) intake each year. Given that the vast majority of students in QUB/UUJ will stay in Holylands or around that area, they probably struggle to fill their halls with the Stanmillis students, hence why the allow students outside QUB to stay there. It would be a good idea just to ask the accommodation office directly, this is a fairly niche question and not too many NI students regularly use this site to begin with.

ReputationRep:
    The only reason I'm really asking the question is because I haven't heard great things about Jordanstown halls and I know a few planning to stay at Stranmillis

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.