Turn on thread page Beta
What age would you let your children...? watch
- 10-02-2017 21:03
- 10-02-2017 21:08
2. 10, the future is technology
3. Probably when they're a baby, that's when i got mine done. If not then whenever they want
- 10-02-2017 21:13
Make up 14
Technological device year 6/7
Ears pierced 16
- 10-02-2017 21:16
Technological device/ smart phone: Year 7
Ears pierced: 16
- 10-02-2017 21:30
2) Like year 10,
I feel like that's the best way because I was just young enough to catch the 'iphone/ ipad/ macbook' era when I was 10ish and YouTube was just starting to take off (Fred was really popular and so was Diary of a Badman when I was younger lol) and because it was such a 'new' thing my parents didn't really have any restrictions.
So I spent like every second in front of a screen and that became almost an addiction, and I'm pretty sure if my 'screentime' was restricted I'd have performed better academically and achieved/ grown more (and have better eyesight -_-). By year 10 I feel like they would have gotten the hang of having a timetable and worked out their study habits and balance between screentime and real life and academics. Ofc I'm talking about a personal device like a tablet/ laptop/ smartphone, they can use whatever's at home because I can decide when it's time to stop and do something else.
3) Whenever - I got mine pierced when I was a baby. I'd say 17 for things like belly button piercings, nose rings, tattoos etc. because if they get those young and they're still growing it would **** up right? or maybe im wrong. Either way I feel like a 15 y/o is too young to decide what body mods they wanna get and keep for life lol.
- 10-02-2017 21:56
It used to be:
1) when they want
2) when they want
3) when they want
but now it's
1) Concealer till 16
3) When I know they're ready to
- 10-02-2017 22:06
I don't see the harm in letting them play video games as soon as they are able. Denying them that is no different to denying them toys :-/Last edited by ChaoticButterfly; 10-02-2017 at 22:07.
- 10-02-2017 23:21
2. Limited during childhood tbh. Would want them to experience the real world first and take them travelling around instead of being glued to a phone.
3. A piercing on each ear when they're around 2, and then will let them make their own decisions about it when they become an adolescent.
- 10-02-2017 23:23
2. Secondary school
3. Months old
(Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
- 12-02-2017 18:42
I was playing age of empires in year 2.
I don't see the harm in letting them play video games as soon as they are able. Denying them that is no different to denying them toys :-/
- 12-02-2017 18:57