Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What age would you let your children...? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiapullmanxx)
    I also think that technology is a detriment to childhood. How can you create fun memories by doing that?
    Fun is subjective. My childhood friends were likeminded and we shared plenty of good times from this interest. I even felt others were missing out.

ReputationRep:
    1. 13
    2. 10, the future is technology
    3. Probably when they're a baby, that's when i got mine done. If not then whenever they want

ReputationRep:
    Make up 14
    Technological device year 6/7
    Ears pierced 16

ReputationRep:
    Makeup: 16
    Technological device/ smart phone: Year 7
    Ears pierced: 16

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harlowberry)
    1...Wear makeup?
    2... Own a technological device?
    3... Get their ears pierced?
    1) If they really want to I'll teach them before I let them wear it out bc I ain't walkin round with a kid that be lookin like the mad hatter

2) Like year 10,

Spoiler:
    Show

I feel like that's the best way because I was just young enough to catch the 'iphone/ ipad/ macbook' era when I was 10ish and YouTube was just starting to take off (Fred was really popular and so was Diary of a Badman when I was younger lol) and because it was such a 'new' thing my parents didn't really have any restrictions.

So I spent like every second in front of a screen and that became almost an addiction, and I'm pretty sure if my 'screentime' was restricted I'd have performed better academically and achieved/ grown more (and have better eyesight -_-). By year 10 I feel like they would have gotten the hang of having a timetable and worked out their study habits and balance between screentime and real life and academics. Ofc I'm talking about a personal device like a tablet/ laptop/ smartphone, they can use whatever's at home because I can decide when it's time to stop and do something else.

3) Whenever - I got mine pierced when I was a baby. I'd say 17 for things like belly button piercings, nose rings, tattoos etc. because if they get those young and they're still growing it would **** up right? or maybe im wrong. Either way I feel like a 15 y/o is too young to decide what body mods they wanna get and keep for life lol.

ReputationRep:
    It used to be:

1) when they want
    2) when they want
    3) when they want

but now it's

1) Concealer till 16
    2) 16
    3) When I know they're ready to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    Make up 14
    Technological device year 6/7
    Ears pierced 16
    I was playing age of empires in year 2.

I don't see the harm in letting them play video games as soon as they are able. Denying them that is no different to denying them toys :-/

ReputationRep:
    1...Wear makeup?
    1. whenever they feel ready. Will make them take good skincare every night tho.
    2. Limited during childhood tbh. Would want them to experience the real world first and take them travelling around instead of being glued to a phone.
    3. A piercing on each ear when they're around 2, and then will let them make their own decisions about it when they become an adolescent.

ReputationRep:
    1...Wear makeup?
    1. Secondary school
    2. Secondary school
    3. Months old

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChaoticButterfly)
    I was playing age of empires in year 2.

I don't see the harm in letting them play video games as soon as they are able. Denying them that is no different to denying them toys :-/
    sorry are you part of a different convo?

ReputationRep:
    1. 21
    2. 21
    3. 21

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.