Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Tried going anonymous but F it.

AMA I guess ?
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Well done for finally choosing the right path. What made you leave?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)

AMA I guess ?
    Well done for your critical thinking on something like this and taking an honest evaluation instead of taking it at face value.

ReputationRep:
    all the best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rhythmical)
    Well done for finally choosing the right path. What made you leave?

One day I was praying. Behind me the Imam was teaching 5-10 children that homosexual people were to disgusting and should be killed. And somewhere deep down inside my heart, I knew it wasn't right.

ReputationRep:
    Don't let anyone, or society control you.
    Control yourself.
    Think for yourself.
    If you can do that, you're finally free.

ReputationRep:
    One day I was praying. Behind me the Imam was teaching 5-10 children that homosexual people were to disgusting and should be killed. And somewhere deep down inside my heart, I knew it wasn't right.
    I always try to give Islamic teaching the benefit of the doubt that it doesn't teach children stuff like these outright, but honestly it does surprise every me every time. My Muslim friends also have become apostates as they despise how authoritarian their family's and imam's are.

Just out of interest and if you don't mind saying, what country do you live in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay Caz)
    Just out of interest and if you don't mind saying, what country do you live in?
    UK - London

ReputationRep:
    Name:  proud.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  31.8 KB

ReputationRep:

AMA I guess ?
    Congrats! I've just had my one year anniversary of being an Under Cover Atheist (I'm 16 and live with over zealous parents) and my 9 year old sister has decided not to be a Muslim any more too. Couldn't be happier for her. Children should always have an option and not just brainwashed into a religion. Couldn't be happier for you mate.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but do you want a certificate of achievement? This isn't news

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CarthaginianII)
    Don't let anyone, or society control you.
    Control yourself.
    Think for yourself.
    If you can do that, you're finally free.
    That is a pile of horse ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychedeliyaa)
    Congrats! I've just had my one year anniversary of being an Under Cover Atheist (I'm 16 and live with over zealous parents) and my 9 year old sister has decided not to be a Muslim any more too. Couldn't be happier for her. Children should always have an option and not just brainwashed into a religion. Couldn't be happier for you mate.
    My parents are not at all Religious. Me and my brother are salafi. Well, I was a salafi.
    • Very Important Poster

What will the consequences be?
    What will your parents do or say?
    Will you hide it or will you tell everyone and be open about it?

ReputationRep:
    How did u just leave Islam?
    I mean was there any procedures?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    I'm sorry but do you want a certificate of achievement? This isn't news
    Akhi, why do you have to be so harsh. You should advise with gentleness ....

ReputationRep:
    u want a medal?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psychedeliyaa)
    What do u mean by an under cover atheist???

ReputationRep:
    Akhi, why do you have to be so harsh. You should advise with gentleness ....
    I'm just wondering why you think it's necessary to make a thread and say "ama". And when someone asked what made you leave, I was thinking "this should be good" but you say that an imaam was teaching a bunch of kids about killing homosexuals. Imaams aren't god, for gods sake. They are just like us, and this imaam was giving his own rubbish opinion. Islam doesn't teach that and you know it. You really need to start being wise about this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    What will the consequences be?
    What will your parents do or say?
    Will you hide it or will you tell everyone and be open about it?
    Plan to hide it.

(Original post by Amazon_Lover)
    How did u just leave Islam?
    I mean was there any procedures?
    You sign a deal with the devil. Just joking, you deny one of the six pillars of iman.

Belief in Allah
    His Angels
    His Books
    His messengers
    The hereafter
    And Qadr ( both good and bad)

I deny his books and messengers. This nullifies my religion

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.