Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldplasma)
    FYI evolution doesn't have anything to do with whether there is a god or not. This is just a distraction made up by people who refuse to accept that they actually know nothing at all about who or what God is, if they even exist at all.
    That depends on which god is being discussed e.g. the YEC or the Salafi gods are presented as having literally created two humans and dropped them to earth. We know now that this is scientifically inaccurate so those particular gods are easily discarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibbyyyyy)
    Just to let ya'll know, nowhere does it say to 'kill all non-believers' in Islam. It is just common sense. Why would God create the Earth, Islam and Non-Muslims and then tell the Muslims he wants all the Non-Muslims dead. He could have simply not made them in the first place. You are not allowed to force someone into Islam. They must truly believe it in their heart and actually believe in God. If you force someone to become a muslim and they say 'yes', do you really think they are a muslim now?
    You are not allowed to force them to say yes, but you are allowed to force financial penalties on them for not saying yes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibbyyyyy)
    Just to let ya'll know, nowhere does it say to 'kill all non-believers' in Islam. It is just common sense. Why would God create the Earth, Islam and Non-Muslims and then tell the Muslims he wants all the Non-Muslims dead. He could have simply not made them in the first place. You are not allowed to force someone into Islam. They must truly believe it in their heart and actually believe in God. If you force someone to become a muslim and they say 'yes', do you really think they are a muslim now?
    (Original post by coldplasma)
    You are not allowed to force them to say yes, but you are allowed to force financial penalties on them for not saying yes.
    Yup or enslave the people you conquered including the women and children and give them the hope of manumission* if they convert to Islam!

*depending entirely on the whims of the master who has no obligation to set them free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    My mistake. I meant to say "Atheism is a ****ing disease".

Why is atheism, which is just the lack of a belief in God due to insufficient evidence, a disease?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Why is atheism, which is just the lack of a belief in God due to insufficient evidence, a disease?
    I don't exactly have a problem with atheism specifically, or its arguments and beliefs, and do have respect for well known philosophers like Nietzsche. It's just New Atheism that gets on my nerves. It's pretty much turned into a fashionable cult of it's own.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    My mistake. I meant to say "Atheism is a ****ing disease".

Justify your comment.

ReputationRep:
    I think what they mean is that people who make being an atheist a cornerstone of their personality tend to be very intolerable people to be around. I happen to agree with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Okay. It's clear your a bit jahil about Islam. Thats okay. I don't hate muslim. Most of them are Jahil like you. I don't quite like Muhammad and the Quran though. I don't believe Muhammad is the prophet of Allah. And I deny the Quran being the word of God.

Infact I know Muhammad is not the Messenger of God. And I know the Quran is not the word of God. I wish this wasn't the case, but it is. I wish there was a religion on Earth that explained our purpose and meaning in life, but sadly there isn't.
    You're outwardly denying that based upon what? You dont like Muslims yet once upon a time you was one? How does that make it better now that you are not? And for your information Muslims are not ignorant let me tell you something believe this or not idc but majority of the 'ignorant Muslims walk on angels wings daily.Now isn't that something special in my own opinion way better then waiting for the 'tooth fairy'. Muhammad is not the prophet of Allah? How? Where?

So your saying the Holy Quraan was compiled by an individual? Hah talk about grammatically understanding each words in the Arabic language I can clarify for you that it was not written by an individual at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    So your saying the Holy Quraan was compiled by an individual? Hah talk about grammatically understanding each words in the Arabic language I can clarify for you that it was not written by an individual at all.
    How do you clarify this exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    How do you clarify this exactly?
    When one can fully understand the Arabic language then I would be able to clarify for you no problem without the understanding of language you wouldn't be able to comprehend it.

ReputationRep:
    When one can fully understand the Arabic language then I would be able to clarify for you no problem without the understanding of language you wouldn't be able to comprehend it.
    So you can't be Muslim if you do not speak Arabic?

ReputationRep:
    You go dude! Wish you the very best and don't be afraid nuts to go with the bacon and the alcohol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    So you can't be Muslim if you do not speak Arabic?
    I didn't state that I said to clarify both sides have to comprehend the Arabic language nothing to do with being a Muslim.

ReputationRep:
    You're outwardly denying that based upon what? You dont like Muslims yet once upon a time you was one? How does that make it better now that you are not? And for your information Muslims are not ignorant let me tell you something believe this or not idc but majority of the 'ignorant Muslims walk on angels wings daily.Now isn't that something special in my own opinion way better then waiting for the 'tooth fairy'. Muhammad is not the prophet of Allah? How? Where?

Okay. Your name is "MissShortz786". You got a cartoon picture of a lady with a burqa and n halo above her head. And your asking me "Why do you think most muslims are jahil ?".

Anyway I doubt you care about my opinion about majority of Muslims. What does Muhammad have to say ?

"A time will come when the nations (of the world) will surround you from every side, just as diners gather around the main dish. Somebody asked, 'Oh Messenger of Allah, will it be on account of our scarcity at that time?' He said, 'No,but you will be scum, like the scum of flood water. Feebleness will be in your hearts, and fear will be removed from the hearts of your enemies, on account of your love for the world, and your abhorrence of death.'" [Ahmad, Abu Dawud]
    Ouch.

ReputationRep:
    I didn't state that I said to clarify both sides have to comprehend the Arabic language nothing to do with being a Muslim.
    Please try to do it anyway, someone who speaks Arabic may be able to comprehend you.

ReputationRep:
    Lovely to see more ex Muslims like myself having the courage to leave such a nasty ideology! Enjoy it OP. Leaving Islam was one of the best decisions I ever made. And my mum agrees with me because she left too

ReputationRep:

They did not say that he dislikes Muslims. He said the opposite.

The burden of proof is on those claiming that Muhammad was/is the/a prophet. A claim is invalid until proven valid beyond reasonable doubt. (although I sympathise in the fact that the other poster said that they "knew", when they don't)

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: Utter tripe.

ReputationRep:
    Okay. Your name is "MissShortz786". You got a cartoon picture of a lady with a burqa and n halo above her head. And your asking me "Why do you think most muslims are jahil ?".

Anyway I doubt you care about my opinion about majority of Muslims. What does Muhammad have to say ?

"A time will come when the nations (of the world) will surround you from every side, just as diners gather around the main dish. Somebody asked, 'Oh Messenger of Allah, will it be on account of our scarcity at that time?' He said, 'No,but you will be scum, like the scum of flood water. Feebleness will be in your hearts, and fear will be removed from the hearts of your enemies, on account of your love for the world, and your abhorrence of death.'" [Ahmad, Abu Dawud]
    Ouch.
    What has my username or avatar got to with anything? I didn't intentionally put a halo on it. How is that classed as ignorance?

ReputationRep:

Ouch.
    Literally never heard that Hadith before for the 17 years I've been Muslim, and I've studied the religion quite deeply. The Hadith by Sahih, Bukhari and Muslim are the most authentic and reliable. Islamic scholars tend to completely disregard all others. Please tell me where you got this from. Also, I've never heard the Prophet Muhammad saw say the word 'scum' before loooooool

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.