Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiszShortee786)
    What has my username or avatar got to with anything? I didn't intentionally put a halo on it. How is that classed as ignorance?
    I love your avatar

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibbyyyyy)
    Literally never heard that Hadith before for the 17 years I've been Muslim, and I've studied the religion quite deeply. The Hadith by Sahih, Bukhari and Muslim are the most authentic and reliable. Islamic scholars tend to completely disregard all others. Please tell me where you got this from. Also, I've never heard the Prophet Muhammad saw say the word 'scum' before loooooool
    How "deeply" ? And you havent heard of the hadith ?

One of my favourite khutbahs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcgYO-EX99Y
    I think it well help humble yourself about your "17 years being muslim" and "deep studying".

ReputationRep:
    Literally never heard that Hadith before for the 17 years I've been Muslim, and I've studied the religion quite deeply. The Hadith by Sahih, Bukhari and Muslim are the most authentic and reliable. Islamic scholars tend to completely disregard all others. Please tell me where you got this from. Also, I've never heard the Prophet Muhammad saw say the word 'scum' before loooooool
    Sheikh Google, probably.

(Original post by CarthaginianII)
      Don't let anyone, or society control you.
      Control yourself.
      Think for yourself.
      If you can do that, you're finally free.
      True freedom is a myth and a lie; if you had it you'd not know what to do with yourself, and you'd end up either killing people or getting killed yourself.

(Original post by nmudz_009)
      That is a pile of horse ****
      Exactly.

True freedom can't ever be attained, because we all ahve to operate within some sort of framework of rules, be it handed to us by governments or even religions (gasp!) or worked out through our own senses of morality.

(Original post by emerald7770)
      I'm sorry but do you want a certificate of achievement? This isn't news
      It's important to OP, who will be feeling relief at having left Islam, as well as probably shame at the things taught by Islam, such as the thing about homosexuals mentioned before.

ReputationRep:
      I don't see why everyone is getting so gassed. 'Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and is expected to outstrip Christianity by the end of the century. The number of Muslims will grow more than twice as fast as the world's population from now until 2050, the Pew Research Center has said'. Who cares if someone leaves Islam. It isn't exactly gonna make a dent in the Muslim population by any chance.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by javedkid123)
      One day I was praying. Behind me the Imam was teaching 5-10 children that homosexual people were to disgusting and should be killed. And somewhere deep down inside my heart, I knew it wasn't right.
      It is sad to see you leaving islam but if you do find something wrong in it then you have the right to leave. However, you decision making procedure surprised me a bit as you went by the word of a imam who was throwing his opinion on little kids rather than islams. I am a muslim myself and proud of my religion and do not hate it and i hope that you find peace and choose something which removes your issues. Islam do not say that homosexual people should be killed but people who indulge in homosexual acts should be dealt with severe punishment whether its death penalty or other punishments. Islam says that if you have homosexual desires then you should suppress your feelings as it is a great test from Allah and do not indulge in those acts. Islam do not deny the fact that someone can't be homosexual but it prohibits the act of homosexuality. In islam, you can be homosexual and do not need to marry someone who is not of your desired gender and control your feelings and consider as a calamity from Allah. Brother i am not here to debate you, i respect your decision and treat you as a my fellow human being brother. I hope that you find peace and true path which will bring happiness and prosperity your way. May God help you!

ReputationRep:
      I don't see why everyone is getting so gassed. 'Islam is the fastest growing religion in the world and is expected to outstrip Christianity by the end of the century. The number of Muslims will grow more than twice as fast as the world's population from now until 2050, the Pew Research Center has said'. Who cares if someone leaves Islam. It isn't exactly gonna make a dent in the Muslim population by any chance.
      Funny. Pretty sure I said the exact same thing in the forums a few years back ....

ReputationRep:
      See comments like that from Muslims like you just scream insecurity and show you do care. Any religion wouldn't really care about who leaves their religion and whether it's "growing so fast" unless it's an insecure one.

ReputationRep:
      Im surpirsed about the private messages i get from atheist who pretend to be muslim out of fear. It's amazing!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by pharmaboy)
      Islam do not say that homosexual people should be killed but people who indulge in homosexual acts should be dealt with severe punishment whether its death penalty or other punishments.
      It's none of your, or your religious organisation's, business what consenting adults do.
      Islam says that if you have homosexual desires then you should suppress your feelings as it is a great test from Allah and do not indulge in those acts.
      So he likes to torture people?! That's plain nasty.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RogerOxon)
      It's none of your, or your religious organisation's, business what consenting adults do.

So he likes to torture people?! That's plain nasty.
      No one consenting here any adult what to do i am talking about the religion here that what religion commands us to do.

Its not a torture. Its a test from God to test your faith and see if u can pass the test or not so you can be granted paradise. Everyone on this planet is going through some kind of adversity and you cant say god is torturing everyone but u would say he is testing everyone.

ReputationRep:
      No one consenting here any adult what to do i am talking about the religion here that what religion commands us to do.

Its not a torture. Its a test from God to test your faith and see if u can pass the test or not so you can be granted paradise. Everyone on this planet is going through some kind of adversity and you cant say god is torturing everyone but u would say he is testing everyone.
      A test from God to see if you can control being attracted to the same gender even though you were born that way?

Pretty deluded.

ReputationRep:
      Congrats!!

I also left Islam, around 10 years ago. I feel much happier, and less constrained since freeing myself from religious dogma.

ReputationRep:
      Most people belong to a religion because they were born into it. They then spend the rest of their lives defending something that they had no real choice in, and just went along with it for convenience.
      I think an awareness and respect for all religions is important, but you do not need to be religious to have morals or values.

ReputationRep:
      Your religion to be specific i.e. Islam (or your interpretation of it at least) - however much I and others would contend it's veracity and view many of it's beliefs and rulings to be largely unsubstantiated, harmful and nonsensical.

Oh dear, this again. "Life is a test" is another nonsensical cliche. Life isn't a "test" if (assuming your diety exists, would require sound substantiation) is omniscient and thus is already aware of the outcome, an outcome he bears responsibility for, via the authorship of his creation and the doctrine of Qadr/predestination. It doesn't take much scrutiny to realise this.

As I've said elsewhere, it all brings to question, why such a deity, would author human beings (knowing they won't fit hit his desire of an ideal human) and then go on to punish them, for not fitting into his perception of an ideal human - to whom he, Allah bears responsibility for, due to authoring human beings (knowing they won't fit hit his desire of an ideal human!) Utterly nonsensical.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by emerald7770)
      I'm sorry but do you want a certificate of achievement?
      When they have just left a religion which condones the death penalty for apostasy in many countries, a religion in which its followers are often incredibly hostile to apostates, a religion which, just looking on this thread makes me realise how insecure the followers of this religion are when it come to this matter in question, I think it's incredibly brave and sagacious that this person has left Islam.

ReputationRep:
      Muslim here but just wanted to say good luck. I'm guessing you live in a largely Muslim area? Stay careful and congrats on making a decision that you thought was best.

As for the imam... is it just me or do "straight" men seem to be the ones who love talking about The Gays™ the most?? Screw people like that.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by javedkid123)
      Acoording to atheism, we came came to existence via coincidence. When you look in the mirror and look at your eye, its soo complicated that we humans still cant figure out how it works fully? Yet it just happened (via coincidence) to be? I can't accept that.
      You could make the same argument going further, for example, me saying I can't "accept" god because its simply too unlikely that such a being just exists by coincidence and has created such complex things.

Factually, its much more likely that the universe came from nothing than a god existing from nothing and creating everything. The idea that having this middleman to explain reality is more likely than not having a middleman is far fetched in my opinion.

ReputationRep:

Not this tripe again. Life can't be an exam if God knows everything because in order to test someone, you can't know in advance what they're going to do, otherwise it isn't a test!

ReputationRep:
      How old are you OP?

Lol. I doubt at 17, you know all of Islam. Ask the ISOC if the hadith exists.

I personally think OP got the wrong jist of what it means BTW.

Submit reply
    TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.