Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibbyyyyy)
    Literally never heard that Hadith before for the 17 years I've been Muslim, and I've studied the religion quite deeply. The Hadith by Sahih, Bukhari and Muslim are the most authentic and reliable. Islamic scholars tend to completely disregard all others. Please tell me where you got this from. Also, I've never heard the Prophet Muhammad saw say the word 'scum' before loooooool
    You were born Muslim?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not a Muslim, I'm Christian. I'm fed up of seeing so many judgemental comments from all sides.
    You are free to follow your own path of spirituality in any way you choose and worship your god in your own way. It does not have to have a name. It does not have to be called Muslim, Hindu Christian Sikh Judaism to name a few. If any part of your instruction makes you feel so uncomfortable then it is wrong. For you at least. You can leave the organised path behind and move on in a way that best fits your own beliefs. And for anyone who condemns you, remind them of this. The ONLY one who can judge you is God. The opinions of humans don't matter. They cannot sentence you to hell or reward you with heaven however much they insist they can. In my opinion a person who is so keen on their own self righteousness and wants to pass judgement is only going one way!!!
    Which ever path you tread, I hope it brings you happiness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amazon_Lover)
    How did u just leave Islam?
    I mean was there any procedures?
    One cannot technically leave Islam officially, just like how one may not leave the Roman Catholic Church.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    One day I was praying. Behind me the Imam was teaching 5-10 children that homosexual people were to disgusting and should be killed. And somewhere deep down inside my heart, I knew it wasn't right.
    Who was the Imam what he did is a sign of extremism please can you give me his details so i can notify the police.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IbbyA)
    Who was the Imam what he did is a sign of extremism please can you give me his details so i can notify the police.
    Do you want me to snitch on the ISOC members PMing me saying - "what the imam said was right but ...." ?

The statement that was made by the Imam was based on that which is in the Quran and sunnah . Is someone who follows the Quran and sunnah an extremist ? Is Muhammad and his companions extremists ? He is simply stating what is in the shariah ? And you want to impose judgement on him with the laws of this land ?

"And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, such are the Kafiroon" (5:44)
    "And whosoever does not judge by that which Allah has revealed, such are the Zalimun" (5:45)
    "And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed (then) such (people) are the Fasiqun" (5:47).

Last time I checked, Britain didn't judge with the Quran or Sunnah.

ReputationRep:
    Do you want me to snitch on the ISOC members PMing me saying - "what the imam said was right but ...." ?
    Are you serious?! :puke:

Would it be possible to reveal exactly how they're trying to justify those disgusting and potentially illegal comments?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Are you serious?! :puke:

Would it be possible to reveal exactly how they're trying to justify those disgusting and potentially illegal comments?
    Snitches, snitches everywhere :ninja:

ReputationRep:

The statement that was made by the Imam was based on that which is in the Quran and sunnah . Is someone who follows the Quran and sunnah an extremist ? Is Muhammad and his companions extremists ? He is simply stating what is in the shariah ? And you want to impose judgement on him with the laws of this land ?

"And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed, such are the Kafiroon" (5:44)
    "And whosoever does not judge by that which Allah has revealed, such are the Zalimun" (5:45)
    "And whosoever does not judge by what Allah has revealed (then) such (people) are the Fasiqun" (5:47).

Do spill! :drool:

ReputationRep:
    Plan to hide it.

You sign a deal with the devil. Just joking, you deny one of the six pillars of iman.

Belief in Allah
    His Angels
    His Books
    His messengers
    The hereafter
    And Qadr ( both good and bad)

I deny his books and messengers. This nullifies my religion

I think you're a little confused.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    The caste system?

Buddhism is nice...
    I doubt the caste system has anything to do with Hinduism since it's followed by non-Hindu Indians aswell.
    It's more a of a ridiculous ancient Indian social system.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Tried going anonymous but F it.

AMA I guess ?
    Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muwahid-)
    I think you're a little confused.
    Explain ?

ReputationRep:
    Proud of you man, it takes a long of courage and integrity to do it.

ReputationRep:

Name and shame those disgusting excuses for human beings. Tag them as well while you're at it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gursimran)
    I doubt the caste system has anything to do with Hinduism since it's followed by non-Hindu Indians aswell.
    It's more a of a ridiculous ancient Indian social system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I admit I'm not an expert on Hinduism - I barely know anything tbh - your (if you are Hindu) religion is so broad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Varna_(Hinduism)

ReputationRep:
    It seems like a good religion. Why did You not stay?

ReputationRep:
    What make you deny the books and messengers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anfanny)
    It seems like a good religion. Why did You not stay?
    The more I learnt, the harder it became to accept.

(Original post by Zamestaneh)
    What make you deny the books and messengers?
    Messengers - Muhammad married and slept with a nine year old girl. He executed hundreds of innocents jews
    ( Banu Qurayza). Allowed the beating of one's wife and the rape of concubine. etc etc .....

Books - States Muhammad is a messenger of God.

ReputationRep:
    The more I learnt, the harder it became to accept.

Messengers - Muhammad married and slept with a nine year old girl. He executed hundreds of innocents jews
    ( Banu Qurayza). Allowed the beating of one's wife and the rape of concubine. etc etc .....
    Though that doesn't necessarily prove Islam to be false, (moral arguments aren't the best). I'm assuming you reject being part of this religion because of a conflict with your own empathy, morals and reasoning?

Books - States Muhammad is a messenger of God.
    What exactly do you mean? That doubts about the veracity of the God of Islam, supposed prophets, Quran claims and errors eg creationism/Adam&Eve etcetera played a part in your rejection?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I felt the same way. It was always weird to me when I read into history, when I was younger, why a merchant warlord would be chosen to be the last prophet? Why all this Iconoclasm and destruction of other people's faiths? Why not teach instead of using violence?
    And then the caliphate, all violence in Iraq, In Iran, In India...It just made me think and one day I just went hold up? Isnt this not right? And the only response I got from it was "you have to or you go to hell".
    **** that. That doesnt sound like a peaceful beautiful God. Then I got into Eastern Religions (Buddhism/Hinduism/Jainism), and you know what? They made sense to me. They weren't rigid. They said yeah question everything, see the beauty in nature, they had meditation, they were older. Heaven or enlightenment comes to Good people for once, not just a believer. My ancestry is from the East anyway, so in a way I feel like Im returning to where we belong. Thats my 2 cents anyway.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.