Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Where you following the Asian Islam? or the real Islam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student of ilm)
    I would say real

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    I would say real
    How real mate? You seem like a Pakistani boy who probably was brought up according to the Pakistani Islam.

ReputationRep:
    How real mate? You seem like a Pakistani boy who probably was brought up according to the Pakistani Islam.
    My family is Pakistani and were miskeen about Islam. Apart from sending me to a baverli Pakistani mosque to learn to read Quran (with the worst tajweed). During my teens I became more serious about the religion and moved between different hizbi groups.

ReputationRep:
    My family is Pakistani and were miskeen about Islam. Apart from sending me to a baverli Pakistani mosque to learn to read Quran (with the worst tajweed). During my teens I became more serious about the religion and moved between different hizbi groups.
    Maybe you of stuck with ulema like Shaykh atabek, guessing you were closer to your Hanafi side.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you of stuck with ulema like Shaykh atabek, guessing you were closer to your Hanafi side.
    Shaykh atabek ? Never heard of him.

Let just say I was more on the Hannbali side.

ReputationRep:
    Shaykh atabek ? Never heard of him.

Let just say I was more on the Hannbali side.
    I guess you started following some people who thought they were following the salafusaleh.

ReputationRep:
    I guess you started following some people who thought they were following the salafusaleh.
    Correct

ReputationRep:
    Correct
    If you actually follow the Qur'an and Sunnah and had some Eman maybe you wouldn't be in this position, maybe return back to Allah and ask Allah to guide you and pray tahajud.

ReputationRep:
    Never heard of an asian/pakistani islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    Oh bro, it's when they bring their culture into the deen and mix it. One funny example is when the parents wont let a couple marry because there isnt a dowry ready of £50K isn't ready and they should wait till they earn that money rather then fulfilling the sunnah and completing half their deen. Or when they turn their "masjids" into a social club where people gossip about each other and then have ranks of masjid committee manager thinking he is the mahdi etc .

Of course asians are the only people to do this but it's to do with the person in question , our brother Javed.

ReputationRep:
    If you actually follow the Qur'an and Sunnah and had some Eman maybe you wouldn't be in this position, maybe return back to Allah and ask Allah to guide you and pray tahajud.
    I reckon I followed the Kitab wa Sunnah pretty well. As for Eman, once it fully leaves the heart , reading Quran or praying doesnt change anything.

Sufism (bareilvi/deobandi)

ReputationRep:
    I reckon I followed the Kitab wa Sunnah pretty well. As for Eman, once it fully leaves the heart , reading Quran or praying doesnt change anything.

If Allah willed for you to be misguided then nothing can be done. However, maybe the root issue was from the start you really never had any eman.

Sufism (bareilvi/deobandi)
    Well Sufism is debatable depending on which sect it is for it to be in Ahlul sunnah, brelvis are out of the fold due to their aqeedah and deobandis are a funny topic tbh

ReputationRep:
    Well Sufism is debatable depending on which sect it is for it to be in Ahlul sunnah, brelvis are out of the fold due to their aqeedah and deobandis are a funny topic tbh
    What sect/hizb/mathub do you follow ?

ReputationRep:
    What sect/hizb/mathub do you follow ?
    I follow Quran sunnah obviously and follow the maliki madhab. I wouldnt call it a sect as in Islam with have things like Usol ul Fiqh which allows for difference of opinion in Fiqh but does not separate us in sects. There is one saved sect that that is Ahlul Sunnah wa Jammah.

ReputationRep:
    I follow Quran sunnah obviously and follow the maliki madhab. I wouldnt call it a sect as in Islam with have things like Usol ul Fiqh which allows for difference of opinion in Fiqh but does not separate us in sects. There is one saved sect that that is Ahlul Sunnah wa Jammah.
    Oh ****. Looks like you got a bit of ilm.

ReputationRep:
    Oh ****. Looks like you got a bit of ilm.
    Lool, couldn't tell if you're being sarcastic but if that's a compliment then praise be to Allah anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Bro it is quite dangerous to bring and take out groups of the fold easily over the net.

ReputationRep:
    Bro it is quite dangerous to bring and take out groups of the fold easily over the net.
    Ofcourse the individual cases is always debatable but certain groups have been ruled to be out of the fold by the ulema having Ijma.

ReputationRep:
    Lool, couldn't tell if you're being sarcastic but if that's a compliment then praise be to Allah anyway.
    Are you a Sufi Maliki or just some normal Maliki?. Is your teacher/ local mosque maliki or did you pick it cause it seemed the least extreme ? I'm asking cause it's a rare madhab, and I never met one before. Also do you pray with your hands on the side ?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.