Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    well well i just hope u wouldn't regret of making this decision

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Are you a Sufi Maliki or just some normal Maliki?. Is your teacher/ local mosque maliki or did you pick it cause it seemed the least extreme ? I'm asking cause it's a rare madhab, and I never met one before. Also do you pray with your hands on the side ?
    I am not a sufi maliki although most in the UK are. I'm like a salafi x maliki lol. My local masajid follow hanbali/salafi school of thought. I dont see salafia as extreme just I find ahlul madinah to be more sound then the works of Shaykh Albani and making taqlid of Sahih Bukhari. I don't do sadl but ofcourse it's permissible. It might confuse some laymen at the mosque seeing me pray with my hands on my side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student of ilm)
    I am not a sufi maliki although most in the UK are. I'm like a salafi x maliki lol. My local masajid follow hanbali/salafi school of thought. I dont see salafia as extreme just I find ahlul madinah to be more sound then the works of Shaykh Albani and making taqlid of Sahih Bukhari. I don't do sadl but ofcourse it's permissible. It might confuse some laymen at the mosque seeing me pray with my hands on my side.
    ????????

What do you mean by ahul madinah ? And what do you mean byt "taqlid of Sahih Bukhari".

ReputationRep:
    ????????

What do you mean by ahul madinah ? And what do you mean byt "taqlid of Sahih Bukhari".
    Imam Malik recorded and followed what the people of Madinah did regarding to the sunnah of the nabi SAW. Also taqlid means blind following and alot of today's muslims would just follow any haddith in saheeh bukhari without actually understanding context and not knowing anything about usol ul fiqh

ReputationRep:
    Explain ?
    You disbelieve in two pillars but believe in the rest of them?

You suddenly disbelieved after hearing an Imam mention something you're familiar with?

Something doesn't add up.

ReputationRep:
    Imam Malik recorded and followed what the people of Madinah did regarding to the sunnah of the nabi SAW. Also taqlid means blind following and alot of today's muslims would just follow any haddith in saheeh bukhari without actually understanding context and not knowing anything about usol ul fiqh
    I may have mis-read. I thought you said Al bani made Taqlid. Also alot of Sufis call themselves "Ahut Madinah". I understand you say you find Malik's work more "sound". But how can you contiue to follow Iman malik when he is dead ? Also what do you have against Al Bani ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muwahid-)
    You disbelieve in two pillars but believe in the rest of them?
    Denying one of the pillars, while having ilm on the matter, makes you a kafir.

You suddenly disbelieved after hearing an Imam mention something you're familiar with? Something doesn't add up.
    It wasnt sudden, but that is where the first grain of doubt started to grow.

ReputationRep:
    Denying one of the pillars, while having ilm on the matter, makes you a kafir.
    That's not the point I'm making. You said you deny His books and messengers, so does that mean you believe in the rest of the pillars?

If so, that makes no sense.

It wasnt sudden, but that is where the first grain of doubt started to grow.
    Odd

ReputationRep:
    I may have mis-read. I thought you said Al bani made Taqlid. Also alot of Sufis call themselves "Ahut Madinah". I understand you say you find Malik's work more "sound". But how can you contiue to follow Iman malik when he is dead ? Also what do you have against Al Bani ?
    I have nothing against Shaykh Albani , he did alot however he wasn't actually the best muhaddith and his works were taken to be higher then alot of the classical muhaddiths which is incorrect. The preservation of the maliki school of thought is very strong due to the isnad from the ulema in Mauritania and the preservation of our books on Fiqh. All muslims would follow Ahlul Maddinah however each school thought has a difference on their main sources of reasoning for fiqh, look into usol ul fiqh it's a science and I haven't even touched a drop of it.

ReputationRep:
    That's not the point I'm making. You said you deny His books and messengers, so does that mean you believe in the rest of the pillars?
    Okay. When I say "I beilieve in Allah, His Angels, and Qadr" - im basically saying I accept that there is
    1) A God
    2) That there is an unseen (world object creation etc)
    3) That everything happens for a reason

Its called being agnostic.

ReputationRep:
    Okay. When I say "I beilieve in Allah, His Angels, and Qadr" - im basically saying I accept that there is
    1) A God
    2) That there is an unseen (world object creation etc)
    3) That everything happens for a reason

Its called being agnostic.
    Agnostic is not being sure if there's a God or not.

You're a 'theist' as you believe in a God, and you believe everything happens for a reason.

You should make dua that Allah guides you to the truth

ReputationRep:
    I have nothing against Shaykh Albani , he did alot however he wasn't actually the best muhaddith and his works were taken to be higher then alot of the classical muhaddiths which is incorrect. The preservation of the maliki school of thought is very strong due to the isnad from the ulema in Mauritania and the preservation of our books on Fiqh. All muslims would follow Ahlul Maddinah however each school thought has a difference on their main sources of reasoning for fiqh, look into usol ul fiqh it's a science and I haven't even touched a drop of it.
    Okay, people followed Scholars such as Imam malik caue they had ijtimad. However how can you follow his fiqh when he has been dead for hundreds of years. Yes you could take some things from his books, but do you think he would be happy to see people contiuning following him as of now ?

Also Al Bani was one of the greatest muhaddith of our time. You may disagree with a few of his thoughts, but then again, you are laymen and he is a scholar . I wouldnt know anything about Islam if it wasnt for him.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, people followed Scholars such as Imam malik caue they had ijtimad. However how can you follow his fiqh when he has been dead for hundreds of years. Yes you could take some things from his books, but do you think he would be happy to see people contiuning following him as of now ?

Also Al Bani was one of the greatest muhaddith of our time. You may disagree with a few of his thoughts, but then again, you are laymen and he is a scholar . I wouldnt know anything about Islam if it wasnt for him.
    Bro, stop using big words that you don't even understand, it's Itijihads and Imam did this, we follow the codified usol ul fiqhs priciples set up by Imam malik which were then fixed and corrected by his students and later generations to allow has to be able to follow the Sunnah and the correct fiqh related issues as correctly as possible. Ijtimad isnt a word mate.

ReputationRep:
    So you decided to leave a religion because an ignorant imam taught kids to hate on homosexuals? You are so easily swayed by other people. In Islam we are supposed to show compassion and love to everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation. But you said you were a salafi, which explains a lot..I mean I wouldn't blame you as you haven't explored the spiritual side of Islam.

ReputationRep:
    Agnostic is not being sure if there's a God or not.

You're a 'theist' as you believe in a God, and you believe everything happens for a reason.

You should make dua that Allah guides you to the truth
    Who do you have a pic of ?

ReputationRep:
    Who do you have a pic of ?
    Sh Ibn Uthaymeen

ReputationRep:
    Sh Ibn Uthaymeen
    Man Im a fool for not clocking that.

(Original post by RosyPearl)
    So you decided to leave a religion because an ignorant imam taught kids to hate on homosexuals? You are so easily swayed by other people. In Islam we are supposed to show compassion and love to everyone, regardless of their sexual orientation. But you said you were a salafi, which explains a lot..I mean I wouldn't blame you as you haven't explored the spiritual side of Islam.
    Hahahahaa .....
    Sorry I actually laughted when you wrote that

ReputationRep:
    Sh Ibn Uthaymeen
    How come you have a picture of a man who said that Allah does the actions of jogging according to the sunnah.

ReputationRep:
    How come you have a picture of a man who said that Allah does the actions of jogging according to the sunnah.
    Don't take this the wrong way bro but stick to beneficial ilm

ReputationRep:
    yeah I knew it. Your either a Hizbi or an innovator. Hate guys that would innovate but would hide around the corner and say "But Im a Maliki, its my fiqh". Also I made a spelling mistake, big deal. But why does this **** even matter. Not a muslim anymore so I couldnt give a **** what you do/say about the scholars.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.