Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muwahid-)
    Don't take this the wrong way bro but stick to beneficial ilm
    That doesn't answer question bro, you got to be careful. Aqeedah is very important. I need to know if Allah jogs or not!

(Original post by javedkid123)
    yeah I knew it. Your either a Hizbi or an innovator. Hate guys that would innovate but would hide around the corner and say "But Im a Maliki, its my fiqh". Also I made a spelling mistake, big deal. But why does this **** even matter. Not a muslim anymore so I couldnt give a **** what you do/say about the scholars.
    What biddah have I done, Subhanna Allah you got schipzo?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student of ilm)
    That doesn't answer question bro, you got to be careful. Aqeedah is very important. I need to know if Allah jogs or not!

Subhanna Allah you got schipzo?
    Hahaha

Man, you awoke my old self for a bit. Couldnt control myself. Maybe Dissociative Identity Disorder is a more accurate term for me.

ReputationRep:
    Man Im a fool for not clocking that.

Hahahahaa .....
    Sorry I actually laughted when you wrote that
    I'm actually serious, why reduce a person to a label? It's non of our business what people get up to. Where is humanity? There is a God overlooking everything and he knows that we all have our struggles, but he still forgives as long as you're aren't arrogant of your sins. We still have to treat people with respect despite the differences and pray for them because you care. That's Islam for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosyPearl)
    It's non of our business what people get up to. Where is humanity? There is a God overlooking everything and he knows that we all have our struggles, but he still forgives as long as you're aren't arrogant of your sins. We still have to treat people with respect despite the differences and pray for them because you care. That's Islam for you.
    Thats not Islam sadly. Thats why Im not a muslim.

ReputationRep:
    Denying one of the pillars, while having ilm on the matter, makes you a kafir.

It wasnt sudden, but that is where the first grain of doubt started to grow.
    If I am correct, you have rejected Islam based on subjective moralistic issues e.g. Aisha (RA) being 9, punishing sodomy, as well as a lack of understanding with other issues like Banu Qurayza, so would you really disregard the whole faith over a conflict of understanding like that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    If I am correct, you have rejected Islam based on subjective moralistic issues e.g. Aisha (RA) being 9, punishing sodomy, as well as a lack of understanding with other issues like Banu Qurayza, so would you really disregard the whole faith over a conflict of understanding like that?
    Do you see it as subjective ? I understand morality IS subjective but just read the points you have stated and ask yourself "Does this sound like the BEST man to step onto the face of the Earth ?". Just be honest to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Do you see it as subjective ? I understand morality IS subjective but just read the points you have stated and ask yourself "Does this sound like the BEST man to step onto the face of the Earth ?". Just be honest to yourself.
    Yes it does - him marrying a 9 year old was not morally bad given his societal and cultural context, nor did he marry multiple children so there is no proof he even meets the modern socially constructed term of 'paedophile' anyway.

Regarding Banu Qurayza, I do not see an error in his judgement regarding them given the social and historical context of warfare during their time either, ignoring the discussion about the authenticity of the reports about the incident.

The Prophet (SAW) doesn't suddenly stop being the prophet of God just because you understand a couple of things differently due to your subjective analysis - it is a weak argument to rule out Islam in such a way when the Quran is still perfect and nigh impossible to have been created by a desert dwelling Arab who could neither read nor write.

Essentially it appears it really is down to emotional arguments dressed up as reasoned arguments that you left Islam. I don't expect you to have an epiphany and suddenly become Muslim again right away, but this is certainly something you should reflect on and look into.

ReputationRep:
    Tried going anonymous but F it.

AMA I guess ?
    islam is a terrible religon ISIS/taliban etc.
    congratulations for leaving

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    islam is a terrible religon ISIS/taliban etc.
    congratulations for leaving
    my friend, why is islam terrible?

ReputationRep:
    Thats not Islam sadly. Thats why Im not a muslim.
    Is it not? Isn't Allah the most merciful?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozilll)
    my friend, why is islam terrible?
    Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by niteninja1)
    Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you find them, and take them captive and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush, then if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, leave their way free to them."
    Quran (9:5) "And when the sacred months have passed, then kill the polytheists wherever you find them and capture them and besiege them and sit in wait for them at every place of ambush. But if they should repent, establish prayer, and give zakah, let them [go] on their way. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful."

I understand why you may think is this horrible however there is good reason for this. Polytheism is the biggest sin a human could possibly commit, it goes against the very fundamentals of Islam. This passage is just explaining how much Allah hates Polytheism. Although, knowing that this is the number 1 hate of Islam if you were to repent Allah would forgive you. Do you know how great that is? It emphasises how merciful Allah swt actually is. Allah would forgive an individual even though that individual has committed the biggest sin in Islam.

This passage empahsises that yes we do sin as humans, thanks to the free will we have, but Allah will always forgive us (assuming you do it in the correct frame of mind).

If that doesn't show you how beautful Islam is, I honestly don't know what will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus1900)
    I have two questions.

1. I love how you ignore your god's homicidal commands and make no reference to them in your explanation of the verse. Why is only the latter section of the verse to be taken literally, and not the former?
    2. There are still those in modernity that hold a polytheistic belief. Do you believe they deserve death?
    1. I did mention the former part, it emphasises how much Allah hates Polytheism. However I extended my analysis on the latter part as that was my conclusion essentially.

2. Before you start judging, I'd just like to emphasise that Polytheism is the biggest sin in Islam, it goes against everything Islam is based upon. So, as it's written up there, I do agree. However, the greatness of Allah's mercy does dilute the former part of the passage.

ReputationRep:
    Allah hates Polytheism.
    do you really think that Allah has emotions, such as hate, anger, that he changes his mind, fulfills prayers, forgives, bears grudges etc etc ?

that he could be so petty that he would get angry because some worship avoids him and might land with potential rivals ?

in fact, polytheism seems to me much better than monotheism : it is inclusive, not exclusive. There is always room for one more God, and for the community of people worshiping him/her

polytheism therefore accommodates many ethnic traditions, as well as worship of natural forces: it strikes me as being ecologically minded and also respectful of local cultures

far, far better than monotheism

best

ReputationRep:
    Well done Javaid!

If you want to meet other ex Muslims then I would recommend joining Council of Ex Muslims UK.

https://ex-muslim.org.uk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay. When I say "I beilieve in Allah, His Angels, and Qadr" - im basically saying I accept that there is
    1) A God
    2) That there is an unseen (world object creation etc)
    3) That everything happens for a reason

Its called being agnostic.
    Oh I see. I'm an atheist but would recommend looking into Dharmic religions then.

The Dhammapada:
    http://holybooks.lichtenbergpress.ne...hn-Munindo.pdf

The Bhagwat Gita:
    http://holybooks.lichtenbergpress.ne...-SIVANANDA.pdf

The Guru Granth Sahib:
    https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&so...lJugvhHViIDoyQ

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus1900)
    1. You did not address it directly and you have still not explained why it should not be understood literally, unlike your god's "mercy".
    2. Thank you for being honest and demonstrating the barbarity and the pernicious consequences of believing the Qu'ran.

2.Pardon me? How does believing in the Quran bring consequences? Quran brings rulings & guidelines, if you choose not to follow them and displease Allah swt then obviously you'll have to face the consequences.

It's like the law here in the UK. I could say jail is a 'pernicious consequence' but does that invalidate or make the laws here in the UK 'barbaric'? No.

To be honest, what you've just demonstrated is the hate you have for Islam. I do not judge nor am I offended, however I'd like to understand where this has come from - it has to be more than that ayah.

ReputationRep:
    May Allah guide you back to the right path

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    do you really think that Allah has emotions, such as hate, anger, that he changes his mind, fulfills prayers, forgives, bears grudges etc etc ?

that he could be so petty that he would get angry because some worship avoids him and might land with potential rivals ?

in fact, polytheism seems to me much better than monotheism : it is inclusive, not exclusive. There is always room for one more God, and for the community of people worshiping him/her

polytheism therefore accommodates many ethnic traditions, as well as worship of natural forces: it strikes me as being ecologically minded and also respectful of local cultures

far, far better than monotheism

best
    How can Allah be an anthropoid when Allah created all of us?

And I respect we obviously have different views to the matter. One of my faviroute ayahs in the Quran can empahsise this;

(109:6) "For you is your religion, and for me is my religion."

We all have different beliefs and therefore I find it is extremely important to respect one-another.

ReputationRep:
    2.Pardon me? How does believing in the Quran bring consequences? Quran brings rulings & guidelines, if you choose not to follow them and displease Allah swt then obviously you'll have to face the consequences.

It's like the law here in the UK. I could say jail is a 'pernicious consequence' but does that invalidate or make the laws here in the UK 'barbaric'? No.
    No, no, it is not. The Law in the UK is the expression of the general will, thanks to its vote by an assembly of representatives elected by the citizens. It evolves all the time to better suit this general will. The Quran is a book of superstitions which rules every public and private aspect of life. Nobody chose its contents, and they cannot evolve.

This is the difference between a civilised law, and a barbaric book.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.