Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozilll)
    How can Allah be an anthropoid when Allah created all of us?
    This is just your opinion. As far as I know, we may have been created by Quetzalcoatl. Name:  Quetzalcoatl.png
Views: 46
Size:  220.5 KB and yes, he does somehow have a (sort of) anthropoid look. Very original, however.

And I respect we obviously have different views to the matter.
    So do I.
    However, simply restating your beliefs as if they necessarily embodied truth, makes very little sense.

Best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    No, no, it is not. The Law in the UK is the expression of the general will, thanks to its vote by an assembly of representatives elected by the citizens. It evolves all the time to better suit this general will. The Quran is a book of superstitions which rules every public and private aspect of life. Nobody chose its contents, and they cannot evolve.

This is the difference between a civilised law, and a barbaric book.
    The Quran is much more than a book, it is a message from Allah.

From what you have said, I'm thinking that you'd be happy if Muslims were able to take a vote to what the Quran says and if people were to disagree, take stuff out and keep stuff if they were to agree.

But that goes against the whole point of being in a religion. Allah has the most knowledge and has written guidelines & rules to which will make my life better (and I have seen this on a personal note). As a result, I am more than happy to follow where that maybe in my public or private life.

ReputationRep:
    Your decision but just ask yourself one thing...
    What if..and I'm saying just imagine..if there is actually a God, and there is a Judgement and God asks you why you didn't follow the teaching of Islam, what would you respond with..I'm not trying to criticise your decision I'm just asking you. Personally, I'm a Muslims and I'm proud of who I am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    This is just your opinion. As far as I know, we may have been created by Quetzalcoatl. Name:  Quetzalcoatl.png
Views: 46
Size:  220.5 KB and yes, he does somehow have a (sort of) anthropoid look. Very original, however.

So do I.
    However, simply restating your beliefs as if they necessarily embodied truth, makes very little sense.

Best
    Likewise, you cannot prove to me explicitly that Polytheism exists.

(41:53) "Soon We will show them our signs in the (farthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough that thy Lord doth witness all things?"

Myself, I cannot specifically tell you why there is only one God however I feel, personally, there have been various events which have already occurred to which prove that Allah exists. I'm sure you'll have the same 'eureka' moment in good time

ReputationRep:
    Likewise, you cannot prove to me explicitly that Polytheism exists.

(41:53) "Soon We will show them our signs in the (farthest) regions (of the earth), and in their own souls, until it becomes manifest to them that this is the Truth. Is it not enough that thy Lord doth witness all things?"

Myself, I cannot specifically tell you why there is only one God however I feel, personally, there have been various events which have already occurred to which prove that Allah exists. I'm sure you'll have the same 'eureka' moment in good time
    thanks for your answer

I must admit however that, judging from all the religious beliefs I have explored, Allah (as described in the Quran) is one of the most repulsive divinities I have encountered

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    thanks for your answer

I must admit however that, judging from all the religious beliefs I have explored, Allah (as described in the Quran) is one of the most repulsive divinities I have encountered

best
    why so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Plan to hide it.

You sign a deal with the devil. Just joking, you deny one of the six pillars of iman.

Belief in Allah
    His Angels
    His Books
    His messengers
    The hereafter
    And Qadr ( both good and bad)

I deny his books and messengers. This nullifies my religion
    So you still believe in the after life? What background are you from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus1900)
    This is what religion does. Incapable of appealing to and engaging with a person's rationality, it prey's on emotion and fear.

What if there is an afterlife?

What if there is a hell for non-believers?

Aren't you scared?

There is no proof of a god, an afterlife, or eternal punishment beyond the literature of the Abrahamic faiths; why should the OP find that argument convincing? Why do you? Are you only Muslim because you are afraid of punishment from your god?
    I'm Muslim because I love my God, I love Allah because he created me and, gave me the power to think, etc.

Ok lets go way back...the most common accepted theory of the beginning of the universe. The Big Bang Theory, now tell me how the hell an explosion occured out of nowhere. Someone or something must have had to do something for there to be this "bang" it couldn't just happen by coincidence in the middle of nowhere

ReputationRep:
    Ya Allah...way too much hatred and racism towards muslims here right now. learn to have as much respect as you do for the threadstarter towards muslims aswell. No hate towards javedkid123 intended.

ReputationRep:
    One such consequence is the belief that polytheists do evil by virtue of their polytheism, and believing they should die for it. That is ridiculous and you would not believe it if a book did not tell you to, and that is only one example and nothing like going to jail for committing a crime.

For example, the UK is not barbaric for punishing pedophiles with harsh sentences. Islam is for not condemning its central prophet for being a pedophile. Only religion can justify to a human the unjustifiable.

And yes, you are right. I hate all religion; Islam especially since its followers are the most devout. Not as many Jews or Christians believe in the death penalty for homosexuals or pagans anymore even though their book tells them to, but Muslims still do. I have many reasons I hate Islam, but let's start off with the obsequiousness of Muslims for the death penalty for a number of crimes that punishes someone for being a free human.
    The punishment for polytheism is so harsh because how big of a crime it is. It goes against the fundamental principle of islam 'la ilaha illallah...' = 'there is no god other than Allah'. Not every sin is punished by the death penalty, but honestly sins shouldn't be committed as they displease Allah something which I am terrified of doing. I understand you urgently want to have a conversation with someone understanding the rationale to why specific sins exist, but no one on Earth entirely knows. On the day of judgement that conversation can occur but in the meantime, we rely on the hadiths and the Quran.

Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was no way a paedophile. It's quite annoying when people say this.

paedophile = a person who is sexually attracted to children.

a child = a young human being below the age of puberty.

Aisha (ra) was past the age of puberty during that time therefore the prophet Muhammad was not a paedophile. The age of puberty changes throughout time and is significantly affected by environmental factors (for example, the equator has considerable effect). I know people myself who have experienced puberty at the age of 8/9/10 and some who didn't see anything until their early teenage years.

Being devout shouldn't be classed as a crime, I see it as a beauty of Islam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lostplot)
    Ya Allah...way too much hatred and racism towards muslims here right now. learn to have as much respect as you do for the threadstarter towards muslims aswell. No hate towards javedkid123 intended.
    Inshallah

ReputationRep:
    For the first section, you have no proof he created you or gave you the power to do anything beyond what you read in the Qu'ran. That is merely a belief substantiated by nothing. But feel free to believe it, that is your right.

Second, I do not know, and those professionals who have devoted their entire careers to research the origins of the universe do not know. They have their hypotheses, but no solid evidence as of yet.

Now, let me tell you why your argument is stupid. Perhaps it will better prepare you for future discussions.

1. While the most well-read academics will willingly admit they do not know what caused the origin of the universe in its entirety, the religious won't. They will say they do know having done no research on that matter. That is almost an intolerable level of arrogance and idiocy.

2. How did your god come into being? I find it hilarious how the religious, all the time, levy that question to atheists but lack enough self-awareness to acknowledge the origins of their god to be equally if not more mysterious.
    God was not created. He was always there and always will be. He is the supreme being that does not die and yet was never born. Unlike us humans and animals, he doesn't "live", he doesn't go through a life cycle, he is not human nor an animal, he is a being.

ReputationRep:
    You are either misunderstanding my point on the polytheism issue or intentionally dodging it. No matter. That is what the religious do. And yes, you are terrified because religion appeals to your fear, not your rationality. Are you only a Muslim because you are afraid?

And there we are! The typical apologetics for pedophilia by a standard only the religious can muster! Puberty or not, your prophet arranged a marriage with 6 year old and consummated the marriage when she was 9, when he was in his 50s. Any thinking and truly moral person would not attempt the justify the rape of a 9 year old girl by a 50 year old man. Only religion can warp morality in this way.

Do you believe the age of consent in the UK is wrong, based on the Sharia and the life of Muhammad? Are you saying Muslims that follow Muhammad's example are permitted to break it?
    I wasn't trying to dodge your answer, please may you elaborate your point on polytheism further.

Of course there is a degree of fear but this is overpowered by wanting to please my creator. Allah swt created me therefore I feel I should please Allah. Like you'd always respect & try to please your parents due to the fact that they were the ones who brought you into this world.

The idea of society has changed over the years, what is the norm now wasn't centuries ago and vice versa. Where did you get rape from? Rape can happen to anyone, rape is the idea of no consent you cannot assume that was the case here nor do I think that happen - the prophet Muhammad (SAW) was the BEST human being.

In the Quran it mentions that you can marry a lady AFTER she starts her menstruation cycle which is something I agree upon.

Again why do you mention ages of consent? We are not talking about sexual intercourse here, it is about marriage.

ReputationRep:
    Is it not? Isn't Allah the most merciful?
    Most merciful whilst buring people in hell for eternity.

ReputationRep:
    Prove to me homosexuality deserves death without referring to your prophet or your holy book.
    He cannot answer that answer nor could you answer his. From an Islamic perspective, we are followers of Islam - we follow and abide by the rulings & guidance given to us. Yes homosexuality is a sin however the reasoning to why it is a sin & its punishment can only be clarified by Allah swt.

ReputationRep:
    but don't they deserve it? They committed a sin (when it is explicitly said not to) and weren't sorry for it (given the opportunity to repent where Allah will forgive no matter what the sin was).

ReputationRep:
    but don't they deserve it? They committed a sin (when it is explicitly said not to) and weren't sorry for it (given the opportunity to repent where Allah will forgive no matter what the sin was).
    How is denying God the worst possible sin in the world ? Is he really that childish to punish them the most ? But lets imagine that it (somehow) was the case. Isn’t God the "most" merciful. Couldn’t he forgive a person for such a minor mistake? He can forgive killers, murders, rapists etc. …. so surely, he can forgive a good person who denied his existence? Can't you see the clear paradox?

ReputationRep:
    why so?
    why is Allah so repulsive for me ?

well, for one thing, he prescribes horrible, cruel torture as punishment in the dunya (our world), such as crucifixion, cutting off hands and feet on opposite sides, arguably also stoning etc; he also particularly seems to enjoy insulting and humiliating us kuffar, calling us cattle, "the vilest of creation" etc

and it doesn't get any better in the akhirah (hereafter), where he will have molten lead poured down our ears, while the blessed believers will laugh at us from above... and all this just for the horrible sin of not believing in him... a horrible sin, indeed...

how vain and offensive can you get ? how is it possible to respect or even admire and worship such a "god" ?

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NothingButWaleed)
    I'm Muslim because I love my God, I love Allah because he created me and, gave me the power to think, etc.

Ok lets go way back...the most common accepted theory of the beginning of the universe. The Big Bang Theory, now tell me how the hell an explosion occured out of nowhere. Someone or something must have had to do something for there to be this "bang" it couldn't just happen by coincidence in the middle of nowhere
    I have a question then, where does this so called god come from.

ReputationRep:
    Again, prove to me that killing homosexuals is wrong. Prove to me that it is wrong to burn disbelievers in hellfire. Akhi, the way islam works is that you develop iman first until you believe with absoulute certainty. After this you will see fatwas about killing homosexuals etc. and accept them without hesitation. What is right and wrong doesn't come from yourself. How can you know burning disbelievers in hell is wrong? Allah choses what is right and wrong and you follow, that is how the deen works. You dont mix your own morals with what Allah has commanded because there is no way of knowing whether your morals are right. On the other hand, if you truly believe in Allah then you know without doubt that what he has commanded is right

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.