Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rxmxi)
    That Imam was probably one narrow minded person- many non muslims also have that belief. It certainly does not define islam. I genuinely believe you're just in need of some guidance, and leaving Islam won't benefit you.
    Leaving Islam has benefited plenty of ex-Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NothingButWaleed)
    Your decision but just ask yourself one thing...
    What if..and I'm saying just imagine..if there is actually a God, and there is a Judgement and God asks you why you didn't follow the teaching of Islam, what would you respond with..I'm not trying to criticise your decision I'm just asking you. Personally, I'm a Muslims and I'm proud of who I am
    This is the flawed Pascal's Wager which assumes that just your god is the right one. What if you die and find out the Christian god is real? Or Thor? Or Zeus? You will still be punished and sent to hell, so believing in Islam is not at all a safe bet. You are just as likely to be wrong as all the other millions of religious people and thousands of religions that have existed.

(Original post by NothingButWaleed)
    I'm Muslim because I love my God, I love Allah because he created me and, gave me the power to think, etc.
    You have no evidence for any of this, they are just baseless claims.

Ok lets go way back...the most common accepted theory of the beginning of the universe. The Big Bang Theory, now tell me how the hell an explosion occured out of nowhere. Someone or something must have had to do something for there to be this "bang" it couldn't just happen by coincidence in the middle of nowhere
    First of all, it wasn't an explosion, rather an expansion. And it didn't come from nothing, it was an expansion of the singularity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozilll)
    but don't they deserve it? They committed a sin (when it is explicitly said not to) and weren't sorry for it (given the opportunity to repent where Allah will forgive no matter what the sin was).
    Your beliefs are vile. No one deserves to burn in hell for all eternity, least of all for the "crime" of not believing in a god for whom there is no evidence. And this isn't even considering the fact that eternal punishments for finite crimes are the epitome of injustice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-Albani)
    I don't know why he deserves it. But Allah does. So I accept it because Allah knows best and my belief in Allah is certain.
    Wow, talk about being a mindless robot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Plan to hide it.

You sign a deal with the devil. Just joking, you deny one of the six pillars of iman.

Belief in Allah
    His Angels
    His Books
    His messengers
    The hereafter
    And Qadr ( both good and bad)

I deny his books and messengers. This nullifies my religion

Ok u believe God exists? and he is 1? if yes i will prove 2 u the Quran is from God watch !

I doubted Islam for years i was so confused what im I. I had over hundreds of doubts but alhamdulilah i got back on it after praying 2 God he allowed me to find some hidden miracles of the Quran

ReputationRep:
    I wont use Quran Miracles here but something unique about the Quran

Why is the Quran unique ?

The style of the Quran the way the author speaks does not fit to human speech

Dr Miller (who is a mathematician who accepted Islam)

says about the unique style of the Quran that he finds wonderful: no doubt there is something unique and amazing in Quran that is not present anywhere else, as the Quran gives you a specific information and tells you that you did not know this before.

:
    This is of the news of the unseen which We reveal unto you (O Muhammad SAW), neither you nor your people knew them before this
    Dr Miller continues: "no other holy book uses this style, all the other books consist of information that tells you where this information came from. For example, when the (distorted) holy bible talks about the stories of the ancient nations, it tells you that a this king lived in a this place and a that leader fought in that battle, and that a certain person had a number of kids and their names are…. But this book (distorted Bible) always tells you that if you want to know more, you can read a certain book since that information came from that book".

Now my question here is

1.How is it possible for the author to speak in such a style ? How can u be so sure that an ENTIRE GENERATION DID NOT KNOW THESE STORIES WHO HAS THE GUTS TO SAY THAT?

2. Someone could of just got up and said yes i knew these stories then the Quran would be disproved

3.If u are a liar u wouldn't make such a statement fearing that the people did actually know these stories

It makes more sense that the author is an all knowing being to speak in such a styyle . So if u want to make sense of the verse u must say this is from God.

The confidence in this verse does not fit to human speech . Humans do not speak like that !

ReputationRep:
    Bloody hell, is this thread still going?

ReputationRep:
    Why the Quran is unique?

The Qur’an too offers its readers several falsification tests. Some of these were only meant for the
    past, yet others for all times. The Qur’an says that if it is not what it claims then all you have to do is
    this or that, to prove that it is false. I have not come across this unique falsification test presented in any other religious scriptures.

I doubt if anyone else would have anything such as a falsification test to offer.

The Qur’an gives several such opportunities to prove it wrong. Some such falsifications tests offered
    by the Qur'an are :

THE JEWS WILL NOT SEEK DEATH :
    In Surah Baqarah chapter 2 verse 94 & 95 ”Say (O Muhammad), “If the home of the Hereafter with Allah is for you alone and not the (other)
    people, then wish for death, if you should be truthful."
    " But never will they wish for it, ever, because of what their hands have put forth. And Allah is knowing of the wrongdoers."

When the Jews came to the Muslims to have a confrontation, they said the last home with Allah, i.e.paradise, is especially meant for the Jews only and not for anyone else.

The Qur’an ask the Jews to seek death, if they were sincere and spoke the truth. The Qur’an continues and says that they(the Jews) will never seek death, because of the sins that they have committed. The only thing that Jews had to do at the time of Prophet (Pbuh) in order to win the argument and to prove the Qur’an wrong was to call for their own death. Even if any one of the Jews would have opted to say, "I beseech the Lord for my death" just for namesake, not that he actually had to die, the Qur’an would have been proved false. It was so easy to prove the Qur’an wrong.

I want you all to pay attention the Quran is saying THEY WONT WISH FOR DEATH
    My question is how can the author be so sure they wont wish for death who speaks in such a style?

How can u be so sure??

A liar would not speak in such a style for the fear of being proved wrong

it makes more sense the author is God who knows the inner thoughts of mankind and he knows they would not wish for death

ReputationRep:
    Why the Quran is unique?

If you asked them, "Who created the heavens and earth and subjected the sun and the moon?" they would surely say, " Allah." Then how are they deluded? 29 v 61

I argue this verse is one of many verses which prove Quran is from God.

The reason for this is because the style of the Quran the way the verse reads does not seem to fit the way humans generally speak. The Quran is saying BEFOREHAND before they have ever uttered it that the answer the enemies of Islam will say is Allah.

Now no human knows what one will utter before unless he first hears it.It makes more sense that God who knows what a human will utter beforehand can know the inner thoughts of humans he knows what answer the human will give.

Secondly this is type of falsification in a sense that the enemies of Islam even just to play games could of just said no God didnt create it our Gods did or something .

The Quran is the only book which speaks in a style that no human would speak as humans are not all knowing of what a person is about to say but God is the all knowing he knows what his creation will utter before they have even mentioned it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay Caz)
    I always try to give Islamic teaching the benefit of the doubt that it doesn't teach children stuff like these outright, but honestly it does surprise every me every time. My Muslim friends also have become apostates as they despise how authoritarian their family's and imam's are.

Just out of interest and if you don't mind saying, what country do you live in?
    Islam isn't defined by its 'followers'. Not everyone's family is 'authoritarian'. Don't generalise a whole sect of people who choose to follow a religion for the right reasons because a few people feel oppressed - people choose to blame Islam for everything these days... b o r i n g.

And please, if you have no valid knowledge about the religion itself, don't hold an opinion over word-of-mouth. You're better than that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RZA17)
    Islam isn't defined by its 'followers'. Not everyone's family is 'authoritarian'. Don't generalise a whole sect of people who choose to follow a religion for the right reasons because a few people feel oppressed - people choose to blame Islam for everything these days... b o r i n g.

And please, if you have no valid knowledge about the religion itself, don't hold an opinion over word-of-mouth. You're better than that
    I was speaking from my own personal experience, you were the one who presumed it was a generalization as that is most likely your only argument. And more than a few people are oppressed by the religion, even if it was just a few, in what way can you brush it away simply because its a few being oppressed. Look at countries with majority Muslim populations that follow Sharia and you will quickly find some form of barbaric or authoritarian rules to varying and sometimes extreme extents.

(Mocking your condescending tone right after your idiotic argument.)

Also it may be better for your argument if Islam was defined by its more moderate followers, because many verses in the text of the Quran are reprehensible in my, (and whoever else has a liberal mind) opinion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Tried going anonymous but F it.

AMA I guess ?
    And to the original thread poster, may I ask why you felt the need to declare this?

I understand the right to freedom of speech, 100%, do what you will - but what did you want to get out of this declaration? Praise? Recognition? A medal? A load of islamaphobic comments from people who presumably know nothing about Islam itself?

Could you not just 'leave' Islam without posting on TSR? Merely asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Your beliefs are vile. No one deserves to burn in hell for all eternity, least of all for the "crime" of not believing in a god for whom there is no evidence. And this isn't even considering the fact that eternal punishments for finite crimes are the epitome of injustice.
    And people get confused to why so many muslims become violent and what not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay Caz)
    I was speaking from my own personal experience, you were the one who presumed it was a generalization as that is most likely your only argument. And more than a few people are oppressed by the religion, even if it was just a few, in what way can you brush it away simply because its a few being oppressed. Look at countries with majority Muslim populations that follow Sharia and you will quickly find some form of barbaric or authoritarian rules to varying and sometimes extreme extents.

(Mocking your condescending tone right after your idiotic argument.)

Also it may be better for your argument if Islam was defined by its more moderate followers, because many verses in the text of the Quran are reprehensible in my, (and whoever else has a liberal mind) opinion.
    I didn't presume it was a generalisation, it WAS a generalisation. You essentially stated that you hope Islam doesn't teach children to be homophobic (something that is not stated in the Quran or any relevant religious publications), yet you have been surprised every time - as if to say, this is the kind of substance taught in Islam, therefore you have generalised the religion based on ONE account.

I agree that many people are oppressed under ruling of those who claim to be 'muslims', but they are not muslims. Neither are extremists. They merely just use Islam as a facade to dilute their madness. Whether you're a muslim or not; you think terrorist, you think muslim (& there are enough anti-Islamists, trump supporters and statistics to prove this is beyond a generalisation). Islam has become the default 'religion' for sick, psychopaths to get away with whatever sick, psychopathic behaviour pleases them.

I don't need to look at predominantly muslim countries to identify barbaric behaviour. The same behaviour was demonstrated by the KKK way back when, and it is present today in places like Kenya, India, North Korea...

Personally, I'd say I hold moderate views, likewise you probably believe you do. Who's to determine what is moderate and what's not?

And may I ask have you read the complete Quran? In it's original arabic form or based your judgement on a translation off Google?

ReputationRep:
    Reading this thread, I've come to the understanding that many critique Islam because us Muslims are willing to devout our lifes to the rulings & guidelines that Allah swt revealed to us.

But surely this idea of 'dictatorship' is right and that following a being who is greater than me in all aspects is right. At the end of the day we are all humans who aren't very clever, led by emotion and tend to make so many mistakes. So why should I allow myself to follow my own rulings or follow rulings created by someone else when I know Allah swt, who is all knowing, has given me rules and has provided me with the Sunnah to live a successful life.

ReputationRep:
    And people get confused to why so many muslims become violent and what not
    You're surprised why someone would find your belief vile that it's OK to torture other human beings in unspeakable pain?

It's not OK for Muslims to react violently to people criticising their religion. Are they so insecure that they can't take criticism like an adult and without resorting to murder?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    You're surprised why someone would find your belief vile that it's OK to torture other human beings in unspeakable pain?

It's not OK for Muslims to react violently to people criticising their religion. Are they so insecure that they can't take criticism like an adult and without resorting to murder?

Of course it is not okay for Muslims to react violent, I've always been pro respect in an argument. However, calling someone's beliefs vile can come across offensive. I'm not insecure or I wouldn't be here arguing with you. I'm just saying when you disagree with something no need to mock their beliefs, say I disagree and give a point

ReputationRep:
    Torture with reason.... (Are you sure you have a problem with Islam or just with torturing in general?)
    So you're in favour of torture (and there is no good reason for it) and you wonder why people find this vile? Tragic to see how Islam has caused you to have a perverted, psychopathic sense of morality..

Of course it is not okay for Muslims to react violent, I've always been pro respect in an argument. However, calling someone's beliefs vile can come across offensive. I'm not insecure or I wouldn't be here arguing with you. I'm just saying when you disagree with something no need to mock their beliefs, say I disagree and give a point
    People can choose to be offended at anything, that's not my problem. And it's a bit rich to talk about offence when you're trying to justify the torture of other human beings :lol:

ReputationRep:
    How do I get this thread locked? It's getting a bit out of hand now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dionysus1900)
    Ah, yes, another symptom of religiosity: victimhood. We are not talking about Muslims, we are criticising Islam; we are looking at your doctrine and critiquing it.

There is nothing irrational fearing a religion propagating an ideology of hate towards minorities, non-believers and women.

And lastly, you are right. The OP has every right to post on here and spark a conversation about your religion. Just because this isn't the ISOC society and you read contrary opinions to your own doesn't mean you should be so bitter about this thread.
    But you are criticising the religion to which muslims belong to, no? Therefore, you are criticising what muslims (including myself) stand for. Obviously I'm going to react; the same way anyone else would if something they believe in is being portrayed incorrectly. Personally, I think you and many others responding to this thread have been informed about Islam falsely, most likely through the media. So, again, as a muslim myself, I feel I possess the right to criticise people's assumptions.

Ah, there it is. Almost cliché this ideology that seems to correlate with Islam (in my opinion, anyways). Islam does NOT promote hate towards minorities, non-believers and women. But I assume you have enough statistics and news stories to prove me wrong. Well, as a muslim woman myself, who knows many other females, non-believers and 'minorities' (although I'm not sure what you classify as such) - not once have I felt hatred of any kind, towards the latter. Nor have I experienced any hatred towards me. I have however, heard racist remarks thrown at muslim friends and family, witnessed hate crime towards a fellow muslim and seen hatred towards muslims almost everyday in the news. But that's irrelevant isn't it? Because we are the one's supposedly 'promoting' hatred.

I wasn't at all being bitter. I wouldn't be so quick to judge if I were you (& that's in relation to everything). I have the right to an opinion, the same way the OP does - thus, I shall state it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.