Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amazon_Lover)
    What do u mean by an under cover atheist???
    Living as an atheist under the roof of religious parents. Not telling anyone except close friends know about it in caution of being killed. UCA, has a ring to it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inzamam99)
    This is a troll.
    Some of them are but OP definitely is not by looking at his past posts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Tried going anonymous but F it.

AMA I guess ?
    what would happen if you told your family?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    I'm just wondering why you think it's necessary to make a thread and say "ama". And when someone asked what made you leave, I was thinking "this should be good" but you say that an imaam was teaching a bunch of kids about killing homosexuals. Imaams aren't god, for gods sake. They are just like us, and this imaam was giving his own rubbish opinion. Islam doesn't teach that and you know it. You really need to start being wise about this.
    There is no debate under the sharia about this. All major scholars ( Al Bani, bin Baz, Uthaymeen, Muqbil, Rab'a) accept this aswell as the ones of the past ( Hanafi, Shafi, Malki, Humbali) . I knew of this before but didn;t care much tbh.

But when I heard children reapeating his words. Innocent children being taught to hate in such a manner, it made me realise something about this religion.

ReputationRep:
    Good for you. Are you now an atheist?

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering why you think it's necessary to make a thread and say "ama". And when someone asked what made you leave, I was thinking "this should be good" but you say that an imaam was teaching a bunch of kids about killing homosexuals. Imaams aren't god, for gods sake. They are just like us, and this imaam was giving his own rubbish opinion. Islam doesn't teach that and you know it. You really need to start being wise about this.
    One day I was praying. Behind me the Imam was teaching 5-10 children that homosexual people were to disgusting and should be killed. And somewhere deep down inside my heart, I knew it wasn't right.
    Totally agree with emerald7770 - Lol, he is not a real Imam. A true Muslim wouldn't wish for anyone to be killed.
    But good luck for the future anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NoEaze)
    what would happen if you told your family?
    They are jahil (ignorant) about Islam. So they be sad but I doubt anything more tbh. But I don't want to tell them. It would cause them unnecessary stress and they are going through alot right now. No need to tell them.

ReputationRep:
    There is no debate under the sharia about this. All major scholars ( Al Bani, bin Baz, Uthaymeen, Muqbil, Rab'a) accept this aswell as the ones of the past ( Hanafi, Shafi, Malki, Humbali) . I knew of this before but didn;t care much tbh.

But when I heard children reapeating his words. Innocent children being taught to hate in such a manner, it made me realise something about this religion.
    Blame the Muslims, not the religion. You're acting like all the people who call every Muslim terrorists. You see/hear one Muslim doing something bad and you decide to blame the whole community or religion. I can tell you that some Muslims can be effed up but they're not considered Muslim in Islam. Anyone can claim to be Muslim but is their actions that make them Muslim. And respecting peoples belief is part of it

ReputationRep:
    Why was the imam behind you, if you were praying?

ReputationRep:
    Blame the Muslims, not the religion. You're acting like all the people who call every Muslim terrorists. You see/hear one Muslim doing something bad and you decide to blame the whole community or religion. I can tell you that some Muslims can be effed up but they're not considered Muslim in Islam. Anyone can claim to be Muslim but is their actions that make them Muslim. And respecting peoples belief is part of it
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Totally agree with emerald7770 - Lol, he is not a real Imam. A true Muslim wouldn't wish for anyone to be killed.
    But good luck for the future anyway.

He studied under Muqbil in the desert of Yemen yet he is not a true muslim ?

So Ibn Taymiyyah is not a "true" muslim ?
    So Imam Nawawii is not a "true" muslim ?

Can you give me a few examples of "true" muslims who give the ruling that homosexual should not be killed ? I wanna hear their names.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Good for you. Are you now an atheist?
    Firstly I want to apologies to you. I was very rude to you in the past. I was young and ignorant.

I don't know what I am. I feel empty tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ravenous)
    Why was the imam behind you, if you were praying?
    When you enter a masjid you pray 2 sunnah before you sit. Its sunnah. While I was praying this, there was a class going on behind me.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly I want to apologies to you. I was very rude to you in the past. I was young and ignorant.

I don't know what I am. I feel empty tbh.
    No worries, even though I don't remember you ever being rude to me :dontknow:

It's quite common for people who leave their religions to initially feel quite empty, sad etc because it's been part of their identity for so long. I felt the same after leaving my religion. It does get better though. There are plenty of ex-Muslims on this site who can attest to that, I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    Welcome to the real world!

ReputationRep:
    He studied under Muqbil in the desert of Yemen yet he is not a true muslim ?

So Ibn Taymiyyah is not a "true" muslim ?
    So Imam Nawawii is not a "true" muslim ?

Can you give me a few examples of "true" muslims who give the ruling that homosexual should not be killed ? I wanna hear their names.
    I really couldn't care less what he studied. He is not God. They are not God. Honestly, this is your own personal problem because you don't do your own research and just by this one imaam doing this, you turn your back on islam. It doesn't matter if you've heard a million imaams say this, you need to stop being so gullible. And think for yourself. I'm sorry if I sound rude but it's the truth.

ReputationRep:
    how special :flower:

ReputationRep:
    you need to stop being so gullible.
    "Stop being so gullible"
    Oh, the irony.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    A true Muslim wouldn't wish for anyone to be killed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    "Stop being so gullible"
    Oh, the irony.
    I do my own research and read from the right sources like the holy Quran. I don't base my opinions of an individual idc

ReputationRep:
    I do my own research and read from the right sources like the holy Quran. I don't base my opinions of an individual idc
    .....Right, okay, it's not like Quran was written by an individual is it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.