Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ozilll)
    Any form of punishment can be classed as torture.
    really ? is a 5 quid fine torture ?

ReputationRep:

it is fine to torture someone for A VERY SPECIFIC REASON.
    what absolute nonsense

torture goes against internationally sanctioned human rights, as well as against any normal sense of decency and humanity

It is forbidden under the UN Convention against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman or Degrading Treatment or Punishment
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...gainst_Torture

so, I am sorry : no more cutting off limbs on opposite sides

ah, and no more pouring molten lead in unbelievers' ears, anymore. Finished

in this world and in the next

best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    There is no debate under the sharia about this. All major scholars ( Al Bani, bin Baz, Uthaymeen, Muqbil, Rab'a) accept this aswell as the ones of the past ( Hanafi, Shafi, Malki, Humbali) . I knew of this before but didn;t care much tbh.

But when I heard children reapeating his words. Innocent children being taught to hate in such a manner, it made me realise something about this religion.
    So your an ignorant apostate. If you actually took your time and read about the rulings on homosexuality in Islam you wouldn't be going around spreading lies and false information about Islam. In Islam, it is the manifestation of performing the act of homosexuality that is a sin rather than the individual having the feel of same-sex desires. Different people have different tendencies within them, and God knows us better than anyone else, so just like the act of fornication and adultery, the act of homosexuality is haram.

ReputationRep:
    Fine. If your point is on the basis that torture is wrong then surely you disagree with everything the justice system is based upon? Any form of punishment can be classed as torture.....

What would be your next best alternative to torture?

By the way, in Islam, individuals aren't tortured for no reason - there is always a particular reason and in my replies in this thread it is due to shirk.
    How on Earth can any punishment be classed as torture?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    How do I get this thread locked? It's getting a bit out of hand now.
    I posted something unique about the Quran

I would like your thoughts on it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Good God, Islam has made you insane. How can you possibly believe it's justified to torture someone for something like believing in multiple gods? Is this supposed to be the perfect morality of Islam? If so then count me out.

No, I have no obligation to respect beliefs, they can be mocked to hell and back, especially ones as ridiculous and dangerous as yours.

Hang on . U are an atheist

I challenge u to give me 1 reason why torturing someone is wrong i do believe its wrong but for u 2 say it why do u say it ?

Right and Wrong doesnt exist in Atheism

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elmi)
    So your an ignorant apostate. If you actually took your time and read about the rulings on homosexuality in Islam you wouldn't be going around spreading lies and false information about Islam. In Islam, it is the manifestation of performing the act of homosexuality that is a sin rather than the individual having the feel of same-sex desires. Different people have different tendencies within them, and God knows us better than anyone else, so just like the act of fornication and adultery, the act of homosexuality is haram.
    Do you believe anyone can be knowledgable about Islam and still not believe in it?

ReputationRep:
    Do you look at people making arguments that you used to make and just cringe. I do.lol.

ReputationRep:
    what country are u from

ReputationRep:
    Do you believe anyone can be knowledgable about Islam and still not believe in it?
    So why is it the fastest growing religion in the world, most of it who are women reverting? If you actually read about Islam with an open heart you will find that it solves all world problems such as usury, drug abuse, sexual immorality, alcohol abuse , gambling...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elmi)
    So why is it the fastest growing religion in the world, most of it who are women reverting? If you actually read about Islam with an open heart you will find that it solves all world problems such as usury, drug abuse, sexual immorality, alcohol abuse , gambling...
    It's only growing quickly in terms of birth rates, not conversions and like all growths, it will eventually slow down and then decrease. Moreover, rate of growth is not indicator of truth, otherwise when Christianity was the fastest growing religion it would have been true, by your logic. Your own religion says that near end times virtually all knowledge of Islam and the Quran will be lost, so you are obliged to believe that one day Islam will be non-existent

And you didn't answer my question.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elmi)
    That will change when the oil runs out mate. Then the middle east will have no choice but to adapt.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muzi123)
    Hang on . U are an atheist

I challenge u to give me 1 reason why torturing someone is wrong i do believe its wrong but for u 2 say it why do u say it ?

Right and Wrong doesnt exist in Atheism
    Objective right and wrong don't exist, subjective morals do.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guided1)
    Do you look at people making arguments that you used to make and just cringe. I do.lol.
    Lool yeah. Heres a good example of one -
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...=#post54821365

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cherub012)
    Infection?
    It means evil eye
    (Original post by Elmi)
    Pretty sure I know more than you.

(Original post by muzi123)
    I posted something unique about the Quran

I would like your thoughts on it
    Didn't read them tbh.

ReputationRep:
    How on Earth can any punishment be classed as torture?!
    torture = the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or in order to force them to do or say something.

Our justice system is based on jail, fines and ect. This can all be classed as 'torture'. May I ask you how would you recommend punishing someone who goes against the guidelines placed out - I'm sure whatever you'll say can be classed as torture tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    really ? is a 5 quid fine torture ?
    to an extent, absolutely

ReputationRep:
    torture = the action or practice of inflicting severe pain on someone as a punishment or in order to force them to do or say something.

Our justice system is based on jail, fines and ect. This can all be classed as 'torture'. May I ask you how would you recommend punishing someone who goes against the guidelines placed out - I'm sure whatever you'll say can be classed as torture tbh.
    Let's not get ridiculous now. Prison sentences are not torture, and certainly not in the physical way that hell is supposed to be.

Jail serves a purpose: to keep dangerous people out of society. Hell serves no such purpose and there is no reason to inflict unending pain, other than to satisfy a vengeful deity's bloodlust.

ReputationRep:
    Let's not get ridiculous now. Prison sentences are not torture, and certainly not in the physical way that hell is supposed to be.

Jail serves a purpose: to keep dangerous people out of society. Hell serves no such purpose and there is no reason to inflict unending pain, other than to satisfy a vengeful deity's bloodlust.
    Allah created us, why would Allah have any blood-lust?

Prison can bring physical & mental torture to an individual. I am being this 'ridiculous' because I'm finding your reasoning to dislike Islam 'ridiculous' - torture only occurs when the person has committed a sin and is not regretful for it. Similar to how jail-time is allocated.....

ReputationRep:
    Allah created us, why would Allah have any blood-lust?

Prison can bring physical & mental torture to an individual. I am being this 'ridiculous' because I'm finding your reasoning to dislike Islam 'ridiculous' - torture only occurs when the person has committed a sin and is not regretful for it. Similar to how jail-time is allocated.....
    We're not talking about mental torture, stop being disingenuous. We were talking about the specifics of hell, which is unbearable physical torture that is inflicted for no purpose other than revenge and bloodlust, as already explained. You are unable to provide a logical, justifiable reason for hellish punishment.

No, once again, jail is for keeping someone dangerous out of society and for deterring them from committing the crime again. Hell cannot serve either of these purposes.

You're now just trying to enlarge the definition of "torture" to basically include any punishment possible because you know that your justification of the classical torture is vile and you're trying to distract us from it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.