Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    One day I was praying. Behind me the Imam was teaching 5-10 children that homosexual people were to disgusting and should be killed. And somewhere deep down inside my heart, I knew it wasn't right.

Is that why u left Islam? U realise some Imams have slightly more stricter views of the religion and may take the words out of context. Otherwise how many gays are actually killed by a Muslim in a country like England or other western countries. Just intrigued as to how come u left tho. It can't have been just over that one incident??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Asiangirl_18)
    Is that why u left Islam? U realise some Imams have slightly more stricter views of the religion and may take the words out of context. Otherwise how many gays are actually killed by a Muslim in a country like England or other western countries. Just intrigued as to how come u left tho. It can't have been just over that one incident??
    That makes no sense... The iman is merely repeating what's taught in the Quran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colorplause)
    That makes no sense... The iman is merely repeating what's taught in the Quran.
    Not all imams follow the teachings as they are meant to be relayed and that's why there is so much confusion and differentiation between what each imam says.

ReputationRep:
    Not all imams follow the teachings as they are meant to be relayed and that's why there is so much confusion and differentiation between what each imam says.
    Quran Quran (7:80-84) - "...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)" - An account that is borrowed from the Biblical story of Sodom. Muslim scholars through the centuries have interpreted the "rain of stones" on the town as meaning that homosexuals should be stoned, since no other reason is given for the people's destruction. (Inexplicably, the story is also repeated in suras 15:74, 27:58 and 29:40).

Quran (7:81) - "Will ye commit abomination such as no creature ever did before you?" This verse is part of the previous text and it establishes that homosexuality as different from (and much worse than) adultery or other sexual sin. According to the Arabic grammar, homosexuality is called the worst sin, while references elsewhere describe other forms of non-marital sex as being "among great sins."

Quran (26:165-166) - "Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing"

Quran (4:16) - "If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone" This is the Yusuf Ali translation. The original Arabic does not use the word "men" and simply says "two from among you." Yusuf Ali may have added the word "men" because the verse seems to refer to a different set than referred to in the prior verse (explicitly denoted as "your women"). In other words, since 4:15 refers to "your women", 4:16 is presumably written to and refers to men. Interestingly, the same rules don't seem to apply in paradise, where martyrs for the cause of Allah enjoy an orgy of virgins and "perpetual youth" Quran (56:17) (interpreted by many to mean "boys" Quran (52:24)). Quran (76:19) bluntly states, "And immortal boys will circulate among them, when you see them you will count them as scattered pearls." Technically, the mere presence of boys doesn't necessarily mean sex, however it is strongly implied from the particular emphasis on the effeminacy, handsomeness and "freshness" of the boys. The female virgins of paradise are also compared to pearls (56:23).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iqra2159)
    Dude what are you getting from making this thread

more reps
    sympathy from all the non muslim people

By the end of the day what have you gained from this?
    nothing

I was in the same situation as you sometime ago
    PM me if you want a further convo about this

If this makes you happy then go for it
    It just made me a little sad at looking at this I feel like we have something in common
    (Original post by Rohit_Rocks10)
    So wat shud we do..... u just want attention bruh dont u?

Just converted to Islam and I support ISIS AMA

Masha Allah akhi. Welcome to the Ummah.

Just left Islam

Your gonna burn in hell ! You just want reps !

ReputationRep:
    All major schools of thought state this. No difference of opinion regarding this matter. (unless your a Murji)

ReputationRep:
    BRO you best protect your neck!!!!

You know what the rule is for people that leave islam? Death By The Sword!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JavaScriptMaster)
    BRO you best protect your neck!!!!

You know what the rule is for people that leave islam? Death By The Sword!
    Is this a threat or advice ? I cant tell.

ReputationRep:
    Is this a threat or advice ? I cant tell.
    It's advice but still I think it's pretty cool how they sentence people to death by the sword

ReputationRep:
    All major schools of thought state this. No difference of opinion regarding this matter. (unless your a Murji)
    Yes I know on homosexuality there isn't any leeway but I just think it's slightly extreme to leave over that one teaching. I have gay friends and I'm okay with that. I'm not going to kill them because as atheists they can lead their live's how they wish so I just dnt understand why u decided to leave tbh. Would just like to understand if it was just that one incident or other things that made u leave.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Colorplause)
    Quran Quran (7:80-84) - "...For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds.... And we rained down on them a shower (of brimstone)" - An account that is borrowed from the Biblical story of Sodom. Muslim scholars through the centuries have interpreted the "rain of stones" on the town as meaning that homosexuals should be stoned, since no other reason is given for the people's destruction. (Inexplicably, the story is also repeated in suras 15:74, 27:58 and 29:40).

Quran (7:81) - "Will ye commit abomination such as no creature ever did before you?" This verse is part of the previous text and it establishes that homosexuality as different from (and much worse than) adultery or other sexual sin. According to the Arabic grammar, homosexuality is called the worst sin, while references elsewhere describe other forms of non-marital sex as being "among great sins."

Quran (26:165-166) - "Of all the creatures in the world, will ye approach males, "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay, ye are a people transgressing"

Quran (4:16) - "If two men among you are guilty of lewdness, punish them both. If they repent and amend, Leave them alone" This is the Yusuf Ali translation. The original Arabic does not use the word "men" and simply says "two from among you." Yusuf Ali may have added the word "men" because the verse seems to refer to a different set than referred to in the prior verse (explicitly denoted as "your women". In other words, since 4:15 refers to "your women", 4:16 is presumably written to and refers to men. Interestingly, the same rules don't seem to apply in paradise, where martyrs for the cause of Allah enjoy an orgy of virgins and "perpetual youth" Quran (56:17) (interpreted by many to mean "boys" Quran (52:24)). Quran (76:19) bluntly states, "And immortal boys will circulate among them, when you see them you will count them as scattered pearls." Technically, the mere presence of boys doesn't necessarily mean sex, however it is strongly implied from the particular emphasis on the effeminacy, handsomeness and "freshness" of the boys. The female virgins of paradise are also compared to pearls (56:23).
    I'm not really sure what ur point is here. I never said Islam isn't against homosexuality but obviously u can interpret different teachings in different ways. For instance the "perpetual youth" I would interpret as never ending youth. So these virgin pearls that martyrs are awarded are youthful and beautiful. I wouldn't necessarily interpret that as young boys. But again everyone's interprets different things differently and unless we are extensively read in Arabic or the Quran we can't really say what I say right or wrong interpretation wise.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know on homosexuality there isn't any leeway but I just think it's slightly extreme to leave over that one teaching.
    No but it was a starting point.

I have gay friends and I'm okay with that. I'm not going to kill them because as atheists they can lead their live's how they wish
    You have gay "friends"? Do these "friends" know about these (or rather Islam's) view on homosexuality? If they knew this, do you think they consider you their "friend"?

so I just dnt understand why u decided to leave tbh.
    Well I can give you one reason. I don't want to see gay people being thrown off buildings.

ReputationRep:
    No but it was a starting point.

You have gay "friends". Do these "friends" know about these (or rather Islam's) view on homosexuality. If they knew this, do you think they consider you their "friend"?

Well I can give you one reason. I don't want to see gay people being thrown off buildings.
    Oh so what else did u find wrong?
    Yes they are well aware and they realise that I'm not going to throw them off a building so yes they are still good friends with me.
    I understand that but u wouldn't see that unless ur in a country like Dubai or something. And that's only in extreme circumstances. For example ISIS claim to be Muslim yet they are very extreme and take the teachings out of context and in the most violent ways which is wrong. Sure there are punishments for everything but I doubt u would see such punishments in public in this day and age. The law has punishments too when u break it, same for religion.

ReputationRep:
    Oh so what else did u find wrong?
    Islam is complete.The are two camps, the belivers and non-belivers. Islam is perfect. Muhammad never made a mistake in his dawah (call). The Quran is a clear guide. All the problems we have is because we arent close enough to Allah. Islam is the answer. Nothing else. If i have a doubt in my mind, is isnt because something is wrong with Islam(that's impossible), rather it is Shaytaan and my own evil desires. These doubts are simply a test from Allah. I am enlightened, free and have a connection with God. Im so lucky to be blessed by Allah. Allah loves me.

One day (by chance), I saw a diagram of a Open Mind vs Closed Mind. I then realised I had every trait of a closed minded person. I wasn't free, rather I was trapped in a mental prison. And If I escaped, I would burn in hell forever. So for the first time in my life, I decided to become open minded and think for myself. Once this happens, it really isnt that hard to see the flaws in Islam.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    Islam is complete.The are two camps, the belivers and non-belivers. Islam is perfect. Muhammad never made a mistake in his dawah (call). The Quran is a clear guide. All the problems we have is because we arent close enough to Allah. Islam is the answer. Nothing else. If i have a doubt in my mind, is isnt because something is wrong with Islam(that's impossible), rather it is Shaytaan and my own evil desires. These doubts are simply a test from Allah. I am enlightened, free and have a connection with God. Im so lucky to be blessed by Allah. Allah loves me.

One day (by chance), I saw a diagram of a Open Mind vs Closed Mind. I then realised I had every trait of a closed minded person. I wasn't free, rather I was trapped in a mental prison. And If I escaped, I would burn in hell forever. So for the first time in my life, I decided to become open minded and think for myself. Once this happens, it really isnt that hard to see the flaws in Islam.
    I personally don't believe there are flaws in Islam especially if you learn it in depth. Otherwise anything can be taken out of context and it may seem "flawed" when people around u can't give u the answers ur looking for to ur questions. But I respect whatever u have chosen as I guess religion isn't for everyone.
    Do u mind me asking what ur family's take is on this tho? And are u/have u changed ur name?
    Feel free to tell me if that too personal. In just really interested in this.

ReputationRep:
    Do u mind me asking what ur family's take is on this tho? And are u/have u changed ur name?
    Feel free to tell me if that too personal. In just really interested in this.
    Havent told my family. No need for them to stress out over nothing. They aint even that religious. And no, I havent changed my name.

ReputationRep:
    Havent told my family. No need for them to stress out over nothing. They aint even that religious. And no, I havent changed my name.
    Ahh. Are u scared of their reaction? I mean I would be tbh even tho my family isnt mega religious. And are u going to change it maybe in the future?

ReputationRep:
    Ahh. Are u scared of their reaction? I mean I would be tbh even tho my family isnt mega religious. And are u going to change it maybe in the future?
    Scared of their reaction ? They dont even pray. I used to force them to pray and go mosque. I just dont wanna stress them out over nothing. They are old now and have health problems. No need to be a dramatic **** and make things worse for them. What do you mean by "change it in the future" ?

ReputationRep:
    I'm joining your club. For anyone wondering, I couldn't stand the idea of being a muslim the rest of my life. idk i just don't believe in 'Allah' as much as i did. going full blown atheist now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asthenophobia)
    I'm joining your club. For anyone wondering, I couldn't stand the idea of being a muslim the rest of my life. idk i just don't believe in 'Allah' as much as i did. going full blown atheist now.
    wag1 to the party bro.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.