Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Yet this makes the implicit assumption that all believers naturally like the adhan, which on balance of probability, cannot be true. Muslims are individuals, not robots, and thus some will like it and others won't.
    Irrespective of the melody, all believers have an affinity for its meaning, regardless of whether you like it or not, the mere act of giving it worth is an act or feeling that a believer would not deny.

Note* Allah is being used in the translation as it is the comprehensive word for god.

Allah is the Greatest
    I bear witness there is no Allah but the one Allah
    I bear witness that Muhammad peace be upon him is the Messenger of Allah
    Hurry to prayer
    Hurry to success
    In the pre-dawn prayer:
    Prayer is better than sleep.

You can't choose not to accept Allah as one if you are a Muslim. You cannot choose not to accept Muhammad peace be upon him as the messenger. You cannot choose to not pray as much as you might not enjoy it. You cannot sleep as much as you would rather stay in bed. Now you might not enjoy the adhan because it reminds you that you have to pray and you'd rather carry on colouring or whatever other less than significant thing you are doing, but certainly as a believer you cannot deny the weight of the words and their importance for the Muslim community and you therefore intentionally or inadvertently give the adhan a worth and that contributes to a thought and feeling. This is being loyal, not being a robot and it solidifies the statement of belief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    My apologies (no sarcasm implied) - I am too used to people attacking Islam with incorrect knowledge, so I get slightly abrasive to people when there is a thread full it
    Is it possible to "attack" islam with "correct knowledge"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bellex)
    Irrespective of the melody, all believers have an affinity for its meaning, regardless of whether you like it or not, the mere act of giving it worth is an act or feeling that a believer would not deny.

Note* Allah is being used in the translation as it is the comprehensive word for god.

Allah is the Greatest
    I bear witness there is no Allah but the one Allah
    I bear witness that Muhammad peace be upon him is the Messenger of Allah
    Hurry to prayer
    Hurry to success
    In the pre-dawn prayer:
    Prayer is better than sleep.

You can't choose not to accept Allah as one if you are a Muslim. You cannot choose not to accept Muhammad peace be upon him as the messenger. You cannot choose to not pray as much as you might not enjoy it. You cannot sleep as much as you would rather stay in bed. Now you might not enjoy the adhan because it reminds you that you have to pray and you'd rather carry on colouring or whatever other less than significant thing you are doing, but certainly as a believer you cannot deny the weight of the words and their importance for the Muslim community and you therefore intentionally or inadvertently give the adhan a worth and that contributes to a thought and feeling. This is being loyal, not being a robot and it solidifies the statement of belief.
    Adhan is like the call of a pimp calling his prostitutes to get ready for "work", and collect his money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuffar Sheikh)
    I've noticed on TSR that Muslims often have a very poor knowledge of their religion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Josb)
    I've noticed on TSR that Muslims often have a very poor knowledge of their religion.
    Somehow, that didn't answer my question. The muslims on TSR, even with poor knowledge, aren't attacking islam

ReputationRep:
    With Islamic knowledge, non-Muslims can make moralistic arguements, albeit they are pointless

ReputationRep:
    With Islamic knowledge, non-Muslims can make moralistic arguements, albeit they are pointless
    So, you are saying even with proper knowledge, islam wins anyway.. right?

ReputationRep:
    So, you are saying even with proper knowledge, islam wins anyway.. right?
    Of course. If one truly understands Islam then denies it, they might as well believe that the Earth is on the back of a giant turtle sailing through a celestial ocean - the truth is clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Al-farhan)
    He became their elected leader and the tribes of Madina pledged allegiance to him
    twice and confirmed it a third time with the constitution of Madina along with all the non muslim tribes who were in Madina
    فانصرفوا راجعين إلى بلادهم ، فلما قدموا على قومهم ذكروا لهم ما جرى بينهم وبين النبي صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم ودعوهم إلى الإسلام حتى فشا بينهم ، ولم يبق دار من دور الأنصار إلا وفيه ذِكرٌ لرسول الله صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم
    And (after the first pledge of allegiance) they returned to their lands and called their people to islam and spoke of mohamed till it spread among them.
    of course according to the history wirtten by mohammeds own followers. he certainly even within this record fought enough wars with arab tribes in the region to suggest he was not the unanimously accepted leader of the meccans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chakede)
    of course according to the history wirtten by mohammeds own followers. he certainly even within this record fought enough wars with arab tribes in the region to suggest he was not the unanimously accepted leader of the meccans.
    Unless you can entertain us with the secret knowledge you have of the Madina events? The facts remain that he was elected as the leader of the city by the tribes of the city.

ReputationRep:
    How does Islam respond to the Euthyphro dilemma? Im assuming the Qur'an prescribes a Divine command theory of ethics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good for you -_-

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Thanks man.I really appreiciate it. Many time I thought about killing myslef. Guess I was too much of a coward to do it. lol.
    Leave Islam useless, you have been exposed to the western world and non muslims too much.This is what you get for not being in a muslim area do what you want and you will see on judgement day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AGriffin)
    Leave Islam useless, you have been exposed to the western world and non muslims too much.This is what you get for not being in a muslim area do what you want and you will see on judgement day.
    What's judgement day? Why are you threatening him with "judgement day"?

ReputationRep:
    Let him do what he wants if there is god (and I doubt there is) as long as he leads a good life he will get In to heaven and get all the pussy up there I here that there is nothing like heaven pussy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Tried going anonymous but F it.

AMA I guess ?
    I've thought about leaving Islam due to what I'm going through. My parents know and they're more than happy for me to leave! I'm so sick of the suffering and :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:. If Allah really loved me I wouldn't have been attacked and raped and assaulted I'm so :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing done. Baby girl suffered until her teenage years. I'm out . Deuces

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You have achieved critical thinking. Sadly so many people in this world are still stuck believing the :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin: they've been brainwashed to believe. Letting go off the utter nonsense that is religion is what will now allow you to embrace the world like it actually is in all its complexity, not bound by superstitious belief.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AGriffin)
    so, you believe in religious segregation ? "Muslim areas" and "non-Muslim" areas ?

you also think that Islam cannot resist contacts with non-Muslims ? why do you have such a low opinion of your religion ?

yes, let's all meet on yawm al-qiyāmah (judgement day) : at the end of the great judgement hall, on the right hand side, next to the main torture chamber. Easy to find - just follow the screams)

we will see who was right and who was wrong, and we will be able to indulge in endless "Itoldyousos"

ReputationRep:
    Congrats OP!!!!

I know why you tried t be anonymous as it is important to remember that a vast amount of muslims will want you dead for this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    so, you believe in religious segregation ? "Muslim areas" and "non-Muslim" areas ?

you also think that Islam cannot resist contacts with non-Muslims ? why do you have such a low opinion of your religion ?

yes, let's all meet on yawm al-qiyāmah (judgement day) : at the end of the great judgement hall, on the right hand side, next to the main torture chamber. Easy to find - just follow the screams)

we will see who was right and who was wrong, and we will be able to indulge in endless "Itoldyousos"

Kinky Sounds fun

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.