Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm Muslim and I would just like to say everything is in gods hands you can't judge a person like this. And whoever started this trend they just wanted to spark conflict so I don't why there are stupid people on here arguing with each other. Chill out people God is the one to judge that's my opinion. I'm not gonna say he's done the right or wrong thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Habina786xx)
    I've thought about leaving Islam due to what I'm going through. My parents know and they're more than happy for me to leave! I'm so sick of the suffering and :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:. If Allah really loved me I wouldn't have been attacked and raped and assaulted I'm so :dolphin::dolphin::dolphin::dolphin:ing done. Baby girl suffered until her teenage years. I'm out . Deuces

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Bad things happen in this world - that's a fact of life. It doesn't mean God doesn't exist - thats emotional thinking and illogical. You have obviously been through very traumatic things and will need time to recover from the psychological and emotional pain, but try to understand that there are people in this world who have suffered worse, had less and lost more yet they do not blame God. Whatever happens in life, people will be held accountable for it - those who wronged you, those who wrong others, you for those who you wrong, me for those who I wrong etc etc - that is how justice is established.

This will sound harsh given the very emotional nature of what happened to you, but your reason for questioning God is the same as someone saying 'Allah doesn't exist because my brother stole my chocolate - if He existed, He would have stopped my brother'. This is clearly irrational, so I would recommend taking the time to emotionally recover, thinking and attributing blame where it's due - namely on the b******s who did that to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zamestaneh)
    Bad things happen in this world - that's a fact of life. It doesn't mean God doesn't exist - thats emotional thinking and illogical. You have obviously been through very traumatic things and will need time to recover from the psychological and emotional pain, but try to understand that there are people in this world who have suffered worse, had less and lost more yet they do not blame God. Whatever happens in life, people will be held accountable for it - those who wronged you, those who wrong others, you for those who you wrong, me for those who I wrong etc etc - that is how justice is established.

This will sound harsh given the very emotional nature of what happened to you, but your reason for questioning God is the same as someone saying 'Allah doesn't exist because my brother stole my chocolate - if He existed, He would have stopped my brother'. This is clearly irrational, so I would recommend taking the time to emotionally recover, thinking and attributing blame where it's due - namely on the b******s who did that to you.
    You seriously didnt just compare rape to having chocolate stolen by your brother? What a disgusting excuse for a human being you are.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeYou2Night)
    You seriously didnt just compare rape to having chocolate stolen by your brother? What a disgusting excuse for a human being you are.
    Emotional arguments mean nothing, and I will not buckle to illogical rejection like this.

The underlying principle is that someone has a right and someone else has taken that right - it doesn't matter if it is major or minor transgression, be it murder, rape, theft, flicking someone's arm, or whatever, because there is nothing which you can suggest which objectively gives one transgression more right to have intervention than another - it all qualifies as 'evil'.

I am therefore saying that if you wish to say that God should have helped someone, or rather He doesn't exist because of the 'problem of evil', then that's illigically based on one's emotions, and they have the same right use this argument as a three year old who had his chocolate bar taken from him.

ReputationRep:
    Islam is the true religion whether you want to accept it or not. Remember life is never perfect so dont use it as an excuse. I think if anyone has an opinion against Islam just keep them to yourself.

ReputationRep:
    x
    I see you are incapable of reasoned discussion.

May God guide you :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Our prophet is not a paedophile so shut the F***k up and also none has the right the dismiss rape as a small issue as it isn't. All humans deserve to be respected.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Booda what is za meaning of zis? I will call Dr Naik on your kaffir a*se!

ALLAHU AKBAR!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thinker92)
    Islam is the true religion whether you want to accept it or not. Remember life is never perfect so dont use it as an excuse. I think if anyone has an opinion against Islam just keep them to yourself.
    What disgraceful double standards. So you can proclaim Islam is the truth, but anyone with a view against Islam should remain silent?

Sorry, but that's not going to happen. I have as much as a right as you to say Islam is a false, disgusting, toxic ideology.

ReputationRep:
    I am - I just dont like people who worship paedophiles and compare rape and murder as a moral equivalent to being flicked on the arm.

It was a paedophile - it had sexual relations with a nine year old. I didnt say it was a small issue, your muslim brother did.
    What nine year old wasthis. And the part about rape was aimed at the my muslim brother.

ReputationRep:
    What nine year old wasthis. And the part about rape was aimed at the my muslim brother.
    Aisha? - It actaully started when she was 6 right? and it was in its 50s?

Youre muslim brother compared rape to flicking someone on the arm. He therefore sees them as a moral equivalent

ReputationRep:
    this makes exactly the same sense as saying "if anyone has an opinion in favour of Islam, just keep it to yourself".

I.e. exactly zero.

ReputationRep:
    Aisha was 9 but during that time girls were married between the age of 6 to 10. In the US the avergage age for marriage was 8 . Aisha had reached puberty and it was her own choice to marry him. He did not marry her purely due to physical desires. Aisha lived a happy life and she was with the prophet peace be upon him until his last breath. If he was a paedophile how could she be so dedicated and loyal and truly love him. Yeh I know its wrong to say that.But insulting the prophet is extermely disrespectful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    this makes exactly the same sense as saying "if anyone has an opinion in favour of Islam, just keep it to yourself".

I.e. exactly zero.
    Im referring to opinions which are extermely disrespectful next time I will write it in bold.

ReputationRep:
    how dare you i think you shall join again young man

ReputationRep:
    Let me make it very clear for there are boundaries to what you should say. I think that basic respect so if you can get that in your disgusting toxic mind then just keep your opinions to yourself.
    on the contrary : religions are in no way exempt from scrutiny and criticism : considering their deep impact on people's lives, even more in the case of religions than for "simple" political ideologies.

A wide, comprehensive debate on Islam is a very healthy exercise, and should be welcomed by Muslims themselves. You may get to hear many things you don't like, but that's just life

best

PS you should cut out expressions like "disgusting toxic mind"

ReputationRep:
    Aisha was 9 but during that time girls were married between the age of 6 to 10. In the US the avergage age for marriage was 8 . Aisha had reached puberty and it was her own choice to marry him. He did not marry her purely due to physical desires. Aisha lived a happy life and she was with the prophet peace be upon him until his last breath. If he was a paedophile how could she be so dedicated and loyal and truly love him. Yeh I know its wrong to say that.But insulting the prophet is extermely disrespectful. I am a muslim and I have gay and transgender friends. I am also a feminist. But there a boundaries and you should stick to them.
    you think a 9 year old can make a informed decision to marry someone and consummate a marriage?
    You're beyond sick.

ReputationRep:
    Let me make it very clear for there are boundaries to what you should say. I think that basic respect so if you can get that in your disgusting toxic mind then just keep your opinions to yourself.
    There are no boundaries when it comes to criticising vile, poisonous religions like Islam. Ideas don't have rights, people do.

You might also like to know that your prophet said that a true believer should speak a good word or remain silent so by insulting others you're disobeying Muhammad. Do you think Allah will be pleased with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariachi)
    on the contrary : religions are in no way exempt from scrutiny and criticism : considering their deep impact on people's lives, even more in the case of religions than for "simple" political ideologies.

A wide, comprehensive debate on Islam is a very healthy exercise, and should be welcomed by Muslims themselves. You may get to hear many things you don't like, but that's just life

best
    Yes I agree wih debate but dont go ahead and disrepect our prophets or how we pray. There are limits because of a basic thing known as respect. Google it if you dont know what it means.

ReputationRep:
    Aisha was 9 but during that time girls were married between the age of 6 to 10. In the US the avergage age for marriage was 8 . Aisha had reached puberty and it was her own choice to marry him. He did not marry her purely due to physical desires. Aisha lived a happy life and she was with the prophet peace be upon him until his last breath. If he was a paedophile how could she be so dedicated and loyal and truly love him. Yeh I know its wrong to say that.But insulting the prophet is extermely disrespectful. I am a muslim and I have gay and transgender friends. I am also a feminist. But there a boundaries and you should stick to them.
    At least you're admitting that Muhammad isn't a perfect example for all times.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.