Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Not at all. Ideas don't have rights and can be criticised all we like.
    Do you think that your the only ones that hate terrorist that claim to be "muslims". I promise you brother I hate emm just as much. If only you read the holy book once for yourself you would learn that Islam is a peaceful religion. We don't accept terrorists. There's daft illiterate idiots out there that are "muslims" who are arguing over terrorism when they got no knowledge whatsoever. Why disrespects someone's religion to cause conflict why not just come together and create peace

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    One day I was praying. Behind me the Imam was teaching 5-10 children that homosexual people were to disgusting and should be killed. And somewhere deep down inside my heart, I knew it wasn't right.

What's done is done i guess, just gotta move on in life.

Just wondering why the Imam talking about Gays triggered you?

It is a major sin in Islam so i understand the Imam exaggerating it to help the kids avoid committing it. The sole purpose of exaggeration is for the sake of emphasis of how good or bad a matter is.

So exactly why did it made you leave Islam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SQaiser)
    Do you think that your the only ones that hate terrorist that claim to be "muslims". I promise you brother I hate emm just as much. If only you read the holy book once for yourself you would learn that Islam is a peaceful religion. We don't accept terrorists. There's daft illiterate idiots out there that are "muslims" who are arguing over terrorism when they got no knowledge whatsoever. Why disrespects someone's religion to cause conflict why not just come together and create peace

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm well aware that most Muslims are perfectly decent people and that it's only a tiny minority who commit terrorist acts. But people like ISIS use many of the Quran's verses to justify their acts of violence.

Also, it's not non-Muslims stopping peace and harmony, we're not the ones causing terror attacks every other day..

ReputationRep:
    I'm Muslim and in the most respectful manner of putting this there are some Islamic teachers out there that are hypocrites and sinners. And to say that homosexuals should be killed is completely wrong. Islam has taught me we should respect each other and treat each other equally. God will judge everybody and the teacher himself doesn't have the right to order for people to be killed.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    One day I was praying. Behind me the Imam was teaching 5-10 children that homosexual people were to disgusting and should be killed. And somewhere deep down inside my heart, I knew it wasn't right.
    Well if you knew it wasn't right., why didn't you say something about it instead of leaving while those children still believe what the iman said?
    I'm a Muslim and proud of my religion and I obviously don't believe in what that guy said but you should've taken the initiative to speak up and not let people like that "iman" ruin the name of Islam. A religion of peace.
    A piece of courage and you could've made a change; not matter how small it would've been.

ReputationRep:
    These ISIS members are a bunch of idiots who are defaming the purity of Islam. And those people that are their flock of sheep I got no respect for either. illiterate fools I ain't a sheep I'm the shepherd maybe if these people had knowledge of their own religion they wouldn't join these fools and their clan.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thinker92)
    X
    Ahh, childish insults, clearly indicative that you don't have a reasoned argument. Also quite interesting how a supposed follower of the religion of peace is implying that violence is necessary to get their point across to some people :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    Not to you, no. People like you are just a waste of time not even violence can get through not your small arse dumb :innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent::innocent:y head. Nice talking to you, hope you have a nice day, goodbye
    You cannot counter their argument so you resort to ad hominems? If you're going to debate on a forum, don't be a child about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michael10101)
    Mate, you have made a post on BDSM and wanting a girl to make you her slave on a student site so your in no position to start commenting on anything. Your username suggests your no older than 14 and your idelogies suggest you have backwards parents who have taught you nothing but hate and discrimination. Please get off this site as your only using it for irrelevant issues and honestly lol I think you need a therapist.
    So being into a sexual fetish between two consenting adults means I cant criticise anyone? Even a paedophile .. right.. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Not at all. Ideas don't have rights and can be criticised all we like.
    For now...and if the SJW's get there way, itll also most likely be illegal to be a white straight male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    You cannot counter their argument so you resort to ad hominems? If you're going to debate on a forum, don't be a child about it.
    Oh really I can't make counter arguements when I am arguing with some Disrespectful people who have nothing better to do with their lives. So if you want argue lets start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MeYou2Night)
    For now...and if the SJW's get there way, itll also most likely be illegal to be a white straight male.
    What a joker. Juss when everything has started to calm down there's always one 🙄🙄

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh really I can't make counter arguements when I am arguing with some Disrespectful people who have nothing better to do with their lives. So if you want argue lets start.
    Why don't you just ignore emm aswell. Everything has started calming down there's always that one idiot that winds everybody up

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your attitude towards debate seems to be that of winning and losing. Debates should not be centred around that, they should be centred around learning. You are the one being disrespectful by implicitly threatening members with physical violence, and steering the discussion away from topics of substance, and to pettiness, which you are doing now.

I'm sorry if you feel disrespected, but the world is not your bubble. You do not have a right to have your beliefs respected, nor do I. Opinions will naturally be challenged. If you participate in a debate thread, you should expect this, as this is what debate is. I wonder how you function academically if you feel disrespected wherever beliefs are challenged.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Your attitude towards debate seems to be that of winning and losing. Debates should not be centred around that, they should be centred around learning. You are the one being disrespectful by implicitly threatening members with physical violence, and steering the discussion away from topics of substance, and to pettiness, which you are doing now.

I'm sorry if you feel disrespected, but the world is not your bubble. You do not have a right to have your beliefs respected, nor do I. Opinions will naturally be challenged. If you participate in a debate thread, you should expect this, as this is what debate is. I wonder how you function academically if you feel disrespected wherever beliefs are challenged.
    Why can't we jus respect each other and each other's religion. We're all equal at the end of the day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Daft idiot there's a difference between rights and humanity. Why can't we jus respect each other and each other's religion. We're all equal at the end of the day
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    Indeed we are, but it should never be the case that religion is "out of bounds" to criticise. Preventing criticism inhibits intellectual growth, which promotes antisocial behaviour which is in turn negative for society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Indeed we are, but it should never be the case that religion is "out of bounds" to criticise. Preventing criticism inhibits intellectual growth, which promotes antisocial behaviour which is in turn negative for society.
    When you know these kind of debates in regards to religion are sensitive and cause problems then why do you want to spread negativity. When people abuse each other and each other's religion does it bring enjoyment to yourself

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So, do you plan on changing your name since it is quite islamic- and basically means people will assume your muslim (along with all the possible stigma there is regarding to this).

ReputationRep:
    Again, to those of you trying to shut down debate: don't bother trying because you'll fail. If you're offended by this thread and similar ones then there's a very simple solution: don't read them. But threads like these will continue to be made whether you like it or not.

ReputationRep:
    Daft idiot there's a difference between rights and humanity. Why can't we jus respect each other and each other's religion. We're all equal at the end of the day

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why can't we just respect each other? Well- respect needs to be earned and not everyone deserves it. Same applies for religion, and their all outdated stuff from centuries ago trying to act relevant (something which most people to don't like or respect).

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.