Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    But it was the words from Allah to the prophet Mohammed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    When you enter a masjid you pray 2 sunnah before you sit. Its sunnah. While I was praying this, there was a class going on behind me.
    Hope everything goes OK for you, I recently had a friend leave Islam and he has been having consistent panic attacks and a constant existential crisis. Hopefully you can manage OK with your new view on the world.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    You're so gullible and deluded
    You cant say that about me based off one post. You dont know me at all.

Guess you're just another Muslim hater.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    Aren't you guys meant to be slaves of Allah?

Slaves don't think for themselves they do as ordered out of fear.
    Not really. Everything ordered by god is what I don't mind doing and it's those orders that made me a much happier person

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay Caz)
    Hope everything goes OK for you, I recently had a friend leave Islam and he has been having consistent panic attacks and a constant existential crisis. Hopefully you can manage OK with your new view on the world.
    Thanks man.I really appreiciate it. Many time I thought about killing myslef. Guess I was too much of a coward to do it. lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Guess you're just another Muslim hater.
    I do not hate Muslims. I hate religion.

ReputationRep:
    Cool?

ReputationRep:
    I do not hate Muslims. I hate religion.
    Thats fine but dont mock my opinion and call me delusional for my beliefs and laugh at me. I wouldnt do that to you for your belief.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks man.I really appreiciate it. Many time I thought about killing myslef. Guess I was too much of a coward to do it. lol.
    Why? I've been an atheist all of my life, as I wasn't indoctrinated as a child, and I'm a happy, healthy person. The world of atheism isn't dark and empty as people seem to think, it's a more complete, fulfilled world with the chains and tunnel-vision removed.

ReputationRep:
    Not really. Everything ordered by god is what I don't mind doing and it's those orders that made me a much happier person
    Wouldn't you be a more happier person if your life didn't revolve around orders to an idea with no evidence to back it up, also with authoritarian tenants which are very unpleasant, and instead you followed your own steps in life and controlled your existence on this planet?

ReputationRep:
    Thats fine but dont mock my opinion and call me delusional for my beliefs and laugh at me. I wouldnt do that to you for your belief.
    Well actually atheism is a lack of belief, so it isn't a "belief"...

Well, it is delusional, by definition.

"Delusional: beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument"
    "Belief: an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof."

ReputationRep:

"Delusional: beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument"
    "Belief: an acceptance that something exists or is true, especially one without proof."
    Oh my god I really dont care and you know what I meant.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god I really dont care and you know what I meant.
    I'm sure that one day you'll start to care when you start getting abused by your husband and your community endorses it.

ReputationRep:

One may say that atheism is also Delusional. The prob of us being created by randomness is soo low you could consider it delusional.

ReputationRep:
    I isolate myself from religious communities, no religion be it Jewish, Christian, Islam, Hindu, etc. Is beautiful when you're with the strongest followers. People often take religion as a sole lifestyle, I think and see it as more of a guideline. I personally think the world becomes a beautiful place when you openly look at other religions and their history and appreciate it for that. I'm not religiously disciplined but my morals have definitely come from religion.

It must be hard to breakaway from religion if you were raised with it but don't hate the religion, see it from a different perspective and think about how it can enlighten you. I believe in god but if I'm honest I have no religious discipline and I feel doing that has made me a happier person but for some reason I also feel closer to god. I strongly appreciate Islam and Christianity (particularly Roman Catholicism) then again I was raised around those 2 so I'm probably 'chained' to it… idk but I do feel connected to them.

Do you still believe in god?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure that one day you'll start to care when you start getting abused by your husband and your community endorses it.
    Actually I've been abused already and my community didnt endorse it.

ReputationRep:
    One may say that atheism is also Delusional. The prob of us being created by randomness is soo low you could consider it delusional.
    But surely the explanations that science tries to bring is at least far less deluded than "A magic man in the sky created everything!". Science tries to explain it using reality, arguments and proof.

It would be like saying "A giant spaghetti monster doesn't exist" is deluded...

ReputationRep:
    You're a very negative person. I don't believe you're a happy person when this is your attitude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)
    I strongly appreciate Islam and Christianity (particularly Roman Catholicism) then again I was raised around those 2 so I'm probably 'chained' to it… idk but I do feel connected to them.

Do you still believe in god?
    Yes I do.

I thought Zayn was a muslim name.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I've been abused already and my community didnt endorse it.
    I'm sorry that happened to you, but my point was that Islam advocates the "hitting" of a wife if she doesn't follow the husband's orders. Nobody should be abused and I am glad that your community didn't endorse it.

You're a very negative person. I don't believe you're a happy person when this is your attitude.
    Attitude..? I'm pretty sure it's common fact that Islam allows husbands to "hit" their wife if they disobey?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.