Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
    Thats fine but dont mock my opinion and call me delusional for my beliefs and laugh at me. I wouldnt do that to you for your belief.
    You have to admit the winged horse stuff is somewhat laughable?

If I told you I had just ridden on a winged horse wouldn't you laugh? And think me deluded?

ReputationRep:
    I left Islam four years ago and rejected Allah and the Quran. Eventually I came to terms with my atheism. It's a bleak existence. I haven't found the feeling of Islamic brotherhood and community anywhere else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    You have to admit the winged horse stuff is somewhat laughable?

If I told you I had just ridden on a winged horse wouldn't you laugh? And think me deluded?
    Oh no, remember, God spoke to that guy that had sex with a 9 year old - so everything is true and backed up with solid evidence

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    I left Islam four years ago and rejected Allah and the Quran. Eventually I came to terms with my atheism. It's a bleak existence. I haven't found the feeling of Islamic brotherhood and community anywhere else.
    Atheism is not a bleak existence, it's a existence free of chains and tunnel-vision.
    Also, that "feeling" you're talking about is cultism and herd mentality.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for being honest. Friends who I consider brothers are muslim. Men who I respect more then my father are muslim. I hate not being able to talk to them again.

How did you tell your friends ? Did you tell your friends ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Yes I do.

I thought Zayn was a muslim name.
    Yeah Its Arabic but my parents didn't name me because of religion. My mum didn't become a Muslim till I was like 7

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to sit here and discuss my religion with someone who thinks I should be abused to start caring.

ReputationRep:
    One day I was praying. Behind me the Imam was teaching 5-10 children that homosexual people were to disgusting and should be killed. And somewhere deep down inside my heart, I knew it wasn't right.
    To be fair, I'm a practising Muslim and think this is disgusting. Good luck to you nonetheless!

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it also immensely liberating though? Not having to constantly try and please a celestial dictator in case you go to hell for all eternity?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to sit here and discuss my religion with someone who thinks I should be abused to start caring.
    Who thinks you should be abused?

ReputationRep:
    someone who thinks I should be abused
    Clearly you're more deluded than I thought.

ReputationRep:
    One day I was praying. Behind me the Imam was teaching 5-10 children that homosexual people were to disgusting and should be killed. And somewhere deep down inside my heart, I knew it wasn't right.
    People have their opinions, and some use their religious status to apply their own thoughts and ideas to others who are less able to think straight. It doesn't say much about the religion it self.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    I'm sorry that happened to you, but my point was that Islam advocates the "hitting" of a wife if she doesn't follow the husband's orders. Nobody should be abused and I am glad that your community didn't endorse it.

Attitude..? I'm pretty sure it's common fact that Islam allows husbands to "hit" their wife if they disobey?
    The way you said that was so childish and disrespectful. Didn't know she was going to tell you that she has already been abused, did you? You are seriously pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    Honestly dude, do what you want but you'll see on judgement day.
    Nice casual threat. Allah seems like a lovely person.

ReputationRep:
    Clearly you're more deluded than I thought.
    No, I'm going off of what you said and you said that i'll start caring when I get abused then you say you wouldnt want that for anyone. Funny.

ReputationRep:
    The way you said that was so childish and disrespectful. Didn't know she was going to tell you that she has already been abused, did you? You are seriously pathetic.
    I'm not sure how that makes me pathetic. Unfortunately I don't have psychic vision, but that doesn't negate my point. I think the only pathetic one around here is you - the person threatening "The Day of Judgement" to someone who has an ounce of sense and has starting thinking for themselves.

ReputationRep:
    Do you not see the irony in that sentence?
    no?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay Caz)
    Nice casual threat. Allah seems like a lovely person.
    It's not a threat. If you think this is threatening then good luck to you ..

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm going off of what you said and you said that i'll start caring when I get abused then you say you wouldnt want that for anyone. Funny.
    ...? Are you joking? I said that you will start caring when you get abused, as this is what is permitted in your religion.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a threat. If you think this is threatening then good luck to you ..
    It clearly is a threat. Telling someone that they are going to suffer from eternal damnation because they don't follow your cult is a threat.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.