Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    I'm not sure how that makes me pathetic. Unfortunately I don't have psychic vision, but that doesn't negate my point. I think the only pathetic one around here is you - the person threatening "The Day of Judgement" to someone who has an ounce of sense and has starting thinking for themselves.
    I was not threatening anyone. I was simply saying that on the day of judgement, he will find out what his life really means. Everything is threatening to you people :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Thank you for being honest. Friends who I consider brothers are muslim. Men who I respect more then my father are muslim. I hate not being able to talk to them again.

How did you tell your friends ? Did you tell your friends ?
    Yep, I grew up with guys who were like brothers, and they still see me in that way, although I do feel less of a connection with them since leaving Islam. I'm talking about boys I've known since I was four years old. We went to the same mosque, schools, prayed together, fasted and feasted...you know, all of that stuff. I still hang out with them.

Once I got dragged to Jummah, and I didn't want to say no, so I avoid hanging with them on Fridays now.

They know I'm not religious but I never talk about religion. I think they see me as a lapsed Muslim.

I just prefer keeping to myself nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    One day I was praying. Behind me the Imam was teaching 5-10 children that homosexual people were to disgusting and should be killed. And somewhere deep down inside my heart, I knew it wasn't right.
    Did you speak to the Imam about his comments ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    The way you said that was so childish and disrespectful. Didn't know she was going to tell you that she has already been abused, did you? You are seriously pathetic.
    You have just told someone they are going to burn in hell for all eternity and yet think this is seriously pathetic?

What kind of human abuse compares to what your God is going to do the OP (in your belief system, it isn't really going to happen obviously) for time immemorial?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Did you speak to the Imam about his comments ?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    It's not a threat. If you think this is threatening then good luck to you ..
    "Threat - a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done."

Somebody is no longer a Muslim, and as an apostate Islam depicts him to go to an eternity of fire and misery. You respond to his statement that he is no longer a Muslim by saying, "Honestly dude, do what you want but you'll see on judgement day." A threat doesn't need to be realistic and its actually a laughable statement but nevertheless from your view it is a threat I suppose, as you believe in a judgement day. If you can't see this then good luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    You have just told someone they are going to burn in hell for all eternity and yet think this is seriously pathetic?

What kind of human abuse compares to what your God is going to do the OP (in your belief system, it isn't really going to happen obviously) for time immemorial?
    Please show me where I even mentioned hell? You're putting words into my mouth that I haven't said. When I said judgement day, I mean he will realise Allah is real and not from the burning hot fire.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay Caz)
    "Threat - a statement of an intention to inflict pain, injury, damage, or other hostile action on someone in retribution for something done or not done."

Somebody is no longer a Muslim, and as an apostate Islam depicts him to go to an eternity of fire and misery. You respond to his statement that he is no longer a Muslim by saying, "Honestly dude, do what you want but you'll see on judgement day." A threat doesn't need to be realistic and its actually a laughable statement but nevertheless from your view it is a threat I suppose, as you believe in a judgement day. If you can't see this then good luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    Apostate get their heads chopped off under the sharia.

(Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    Yep, I grew up with guys who were like brothers, and they still see me in that way, although I do feel less of a connection with them since leaving Islam. I'm talking about boys I've known since I was four years old. We went to the same mosque, schools, prayed together, fasted and feasted...you know, all of that stuff. I still hang out with them.

Once I got dragged to Jummah, and I didn't want to say no, so I avoid hanging with them on Fridays now.

They know I'm not religious but I never talk about religion. I think they see me as a lapsed Muslim.

I just prefer keeping to myself nowadays.
    Thanks for the reply. Im really grateful you wrote out to me

ReputationRep:
    Please show me where I even mentioned hell? You're putting words into my mouth that I haven't said. When I said judgement day, I mean he will realise Allah is real and not from the burning hot fire.
    From context it is very clear what message you intended to put across. Stop trying to deviate from your original message because you decided it was perhaps a bad post.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure.

ReputationRep:
    From context it is very clear what message you intended to put across. Stop trying to deviate from your original message because you decided it was perhaps a bad post.
    I couldn't care less because I know that I wasn't saying that in a threatening way.

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't care less because I know that I wasn't saying that in a threatening way.
    Well I suppose I will leave it up to interpretation as I don't have solid evidence otherwise.

(But I know what most people will see the message as.)

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    No.
    Why Not ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Atheism is not a bleak existence, it's a existence free of chains and tunnel-vision.
    Also, that "feeling" you're talking about is cultism and herd mentality.
    I think you need to tone it down a bit on your extreme anti-religion sentiment. It makes you sound very bitter.

ReputationRep:
    In what way could saying someone will burn in hell for ever for apostasy NOT be threatening?

ReputationRep:
    Well I suppose I will leave it up to interpretation as I don't have solid evidence otherwise.
    lol okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Why Not ?
    I don't know. I guess because I agreed with him at the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    I think you need to tone it down a bit on your extreme anti-religion sentiment. It makes you sound very bitter.
    I wouldn't say I have an extreme anti-religion sentiment. I don't wish death on any theists, for them to locked away, stoned, thrown off buildings, sterilsed, eradicated or discriminated against...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.