Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    In what way could saying someone will burn in hell for ever for apostasy NOT be threatening?
    I said wait till judgement day. Judgement day is when he will stand in front of Allah. And so then he'll know that Allah exists.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Final Fantasy)
    Congratulations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMilkSheikh)
    I think you need to tone it down a bit on your extreme anti-religion sentiment. It makes you sound very bitter.
    I am an atheist and it isn't a bleak existence at all.

But then my family and friendship groups are not all Muslims.

I accept it is hard for you, but you need to realise it isn't bleak for us. It is liberating, as I said earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    I said wait till judgement day. Judgement day is when he will stand in front of Allah. And so then he'll know that Allah exists.
    The semantic of your message is very clear based on the context. The literal words in and of themselves may mean something else in a different string of posts, but in this string of posts it clearly meant that on judgement day this person would face eternal damnation, or at the very least something negative along those lines.

ReputationRep:
    And what does Allah have to say about apostates?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jay Caz)
    The semantic of your message is very clear based on the context. The literal words in and of themselves may mean something else in a different string of posts, but in this string of posts it clearly meant that on judgement day this person would face eternal damnation, or at the very least something negative along those lines.
    It might be best to just ignore this "Emerald" person, as they know exactly what they were saying...

ReputationRep:
    Isn't it also immensely liberating though? Not having to constantly try and please a celestial dictator in case you go to hell for all eternity?
    I guess it's liberating in the sense that you aren't bound to a suffocating set of rules. But at the same time I do feel like I lost a lot of values and the core of my identity. I feel less empathetic, more selfish, and a lot more insular to name a few.

In bad times I could pray, read the Quran, hang out with my bros and believe that everything had some sort of a meaning. I thought I had a real purpose in life. Now I feel a bit nihilistic about everything.

That doesn't mean I don't try to be happy. I'm working hard to create a good future for my self. Boxing, swimming, lifting weights and reading gives me a sense of contentment.

ReputationRep:
    And what does Allah have to say about apostates?
    You deny the creator so it's said to be a very huge sin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    I don't know. I guess because I agreed with him at the time.
    Before leaving did you actually speak to a decent Imam.

ReputationRep:
    I feel less empathetic, more selfish
    Less empathetic...?
    I would say that not following a cult that endorses wife abuse, stoning and throwing people off buildings is a good leap in empathy..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    It might be best to just ignore this "Emerald" person, as they know exactly what they were saying...
    Lol. You reply to posts that I didn't even mention you in so

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redleader1)
    Before leaving did you actually speak to a decent Imam.
    No

ReputationRep:
    You deny the creator so it's said to be a very huge sin
    Do you not think that maybe it's a "very huge sin" and 'punishable by death' just to scare people into staying in the cult religion?

Oh sorry, I forgot that free-thinking is a big no no

ReputationRep:
    No
    Lol.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it's liberating in the sense that you aren't bound to a suffocating set of rules. But at the same time I do feel like I lost a lot of values and the core of my identity. I feel less empathetic, more selfish, and a lot more insular to name a few.

In bad times I could pray, read the Quran, hang out with my bros and believe that everything had some sort of a meaning. I thought I had a real purpose in life. Now I feel a bit nihilistic about everything.

That doesn't mean I don't try to be happy. I'm working hard to create a good future for my self. Boxing, swimming, lifting weights and reading gives me a sense of contentment.
    Hahaha. Bro this sounds just like me.Except I cant swim. I can't understand why all these "ex-muslims" act like Islam was prison and now they are in freedom.

ReputationRep:

Rushdie calls it "a God shaped hole."

There are better ways to feel your life has purpose than lifting weights. Do charitable work to help others in your spare time.

It is the most wonderful way of replacing your lost (synthetic) spirituality with something that is genuine, and not a lie. As religion is.

Try it, you will be amazed how good it makes you feel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AshEntropy)
    Do you not think that maybe it's a "very huge sin" and 'punishable by death' just to scare people into staying in the cult religion?

Oh sorry, I forgot that free-thinking is a big no no
    All I said was "you'll see on judgment day" and you're going way too deep into something that's not there. He'll see that Islam is real on that day because he will face Allah. You thinking that I meant hell Is absolutely crazy. Because I absolutely did not. It's not for me to decide if he goes hell. Sheesh... maybe I should've worded it better but you're just too much lol

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha. Bro this sounds just like me.Except I cant swim. I can't understand why all these "ex-muslims" act like Islam was prison and now they are in freedom.
    Wow I actually agree with you

ReputationRep:
    Do charitable work to help others in your spare time. Try it, you will be amazed how good it makes you feel.
    This is very true - I love helping raising money for charities.

Oh wait, remember, atheists have "no morals".. you know, doing nice things in the name of humanity doesn't count. You have to do nice things in order to be allowed into paradise, that is clearly not selfish.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.