Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nasrallah)
    Cool story akhi, now enjoy your bacon sandwiches, alcohol and pre marital sex.
    Jzk bro. Giving to your brother what you want for yourself. Masha Allah !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by javedkid123)
    Jzk bro. Giving to your brother what you want for yourself. Masha Allah !
    Lame

ReputationRep:
    One day I was praying. Behind me the Imam was teaching 5-10 children that homosexual people were to disgusting and should be killed. And somewhere deep down inside my heart, I knew it wasn't right.
    Welled up reading this. Why would anyone teach to hate. Thank you for confronting it.

ReputationRep:
    How was evolution created ?
    Evolution wasn't created, it's simply a process that all organisms go through. In terms of how life began, that's a whole separate theory called abiogenesis which is currently being researched. It is more honest to say "we don't know yet" than to make up an explanation.

Not that God really provides much satisfaction as one could ask "how and why has a magical spirit always existed?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    I'm sorry but do you want a certificate of achievement? This isn't news
    Islam says apostates should be killed. In some countries they are. Yes this is news, and yes ex-muslims should shout it from the roof tops (if they can, safely)

ReputationRep:
    Cool story akhi, now enjoy your bacon sandwiches, alcohol and pre marital sex.
    "The crime of people that go to hell: sex and alcohol.

The reward of people that go to heaven: sex and alcohol."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EastGuava)
    "The crime of people that go to hell: sex and alcohol.

The reward of people that go to heaven: sex and alcohol."
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    Name:  images.jpg
Views: 43
Size:  8.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    Evolution wasn't created, it's simply a process that all organisms go through. In terms of how life began, that's a whole separate theory called abiogenesis which is currently being researched. It is more honest to say "we don't know yet" than to make up an explanation.

Not that God really provides much satisfaction as one could ask "how and why has a magical spirit always existed?"
    Acoording to atheism, we came came to existence via coincidence. When you look in the mirror and look at your eye, its soo complicated that we humans still cant figure out how it works fully? Yet it just happened (via coincidence) to be? I can't accept that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    You deny the creator so it's said to be a very huge sin
    You don't have the honesty to admit that apostates are eternally damned. You would think that was enough for Allah, wouldn't you?

But no, the apostate has to be killed in THIS life too.

Sahih Bukhari (52:260) - "...The Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.' "

Sahih Bukhari (83:37) - "Allah's Apostle never killed anyone except in one of the following three situations: (1) A person who killed somebody unjustly, was killed (in Qisas,) (2) a married person who committed illegal sexual intercourse and (3) a man who fought against Allah and His Apostle and deserted Islam and became an apostate."

Sahih Bukhari (84:57) - [In the words of] "Allah's Apostle, 'Whoever changed his Islamic religion, then kill him.

ReputationRep:
    Acoording to atheism, we came came to existence via coincidence. When you look in the mirror and look at your eye, its soo complicated that we humans still cant figure out how it works fully? Yet it just happened (via coincidence) to be? I can't accept that.
    Atheism isn't a belief system, it is nothing more than a lack of belief in God.

What I'm talking about is science and what the evidence suggests. The planets for example formed in accordance with natural laws, not magically and randomly.

The eye did not randomly appear from nothing, it is the result of millions of years of evolution where organisms responded to photons and thus developed organs to detect them.

Also, the human eye isn't perfect at all. There are many things illogical and suboptimal about it, which can be explained by evolution, but not by an intelligent designer who should make no mistakes.

Again, how do you explain the random existence of an eternal, magical being?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by faith 101)
    Not at all. Quite the opposite, in fact.

The Qur'an constantly tells the reader to ponder and reflect, to give thought and to think upon what is being said

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It is a set of rules and actions revealed to man in an opaque way.

Its central tenet is faith in the creator who allegedly reveals how you are supposed to live your life.

Belief is not thought.

But because it is opaque (deliberately to hide all the flaws and internal contradictions) and cannot be anything but an incomplete guide to complicated, modern life (being dreamt up in seventh century Arabia), then yes you have to do a lot of thinking to make any sense of it at all.

ReputationRep:
    Both sound silly to me

https://www.newscientist.com/article...ion-is-random/

Evolution is not just random chance.The initial mutations that cause it are but natural selection is not chance.The organism best suited to it's environment survives. So you eventually get many small improvements. It doesn't just happen it takes ages.If you think about a dog,it used to look like a wolf.Now there are many variations of dogs that look nothing like wolves.But that's just over a few thousand years,in several billion years a lot more change can be accomplished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Robby2312)
    https://www.newscientist.com/article...ion-is-random/

Evolution is not just random chance.The initial mutations that cause it are but natural selection is not chance.The organism best suited to it's environment survives. So you eventually get many small improvements. It doesn't just happen it takes ages.If you think about a dog,it used to look like a wolf.Now there are many variations of dogs that look nothing like wolves.But that's just over a few thousand years,in several billion years a lot more change can be accomplished.
    Thanks for the link, I read up on it soon.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for the link, I read up on it soon.
    are you going to tell your brother? what will his reaction be when you no longer want to go to the masjid?

ReputationRep:
    are you going to tell your brother? what will his reaction be when you no longer want to go to the masjid?
    He is a married man. We dont jam anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Agreed.

How was evolution created ?
    You mean how was the theory of evolution devised or researched?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    You mean how was the theory of evolution devised or researched?
    What started the process of evolution.

ReputationRep:
    1. Atheism is not a belief system.
    2. Ergo there is no central "atheistic" belief of "how life came to be".
    3. God of the gaps fallacy. Just because you/we (humans collectively) don't understand something, that doesn't mean that it must be a God.

ReputationRep:
    What started the process of evolution.
    Before continuing, I'd recommend reading up on what evolution is to clear up the misconceptions you may have. (example: "we evolved from apes" is a commonly propagated misconception)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.