Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Applied for the above scheme for 1st years at Linklaters. Got invited a day after submitting my application to take the Watson Glaser test. Had heard horrible things about it from 2nd years I know... Did the practice one on their website and did fine but the real one I did was tough in places.

Anyone else applied for the scheme and done the test yet?? Also how long should it take to hear after doing the test?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    Also got invited to do the test, also found it hard aha! Don't worry i'm sure we're all in the same boat.
    I completed the test on Friday, presume I'll hear something within the next week or two. When did you complete the test?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harrycarry)
    Hi,
    Also got invited to do the test, also found it hard aha! Don't worry i'm sure we're all in the same boat.
    I completed the test on Friday, presume I'll hear something within the next week or two. When did you complete the test?
    Yeah friends who have done it for other firms hated it!! I did it on Wednesday, I am not sure of what other tests or interviews you have to get through if they progress your application further... Clifford Chance's Springboard scheme is one hefty process, didn't apply but have friends who did got to telephone interview stage.

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you heard back after completing the test?

ReputationRep:
    Is the Watson Glaser invitation automatic or do they review your application first?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ggiraffe96)
    Is the Watson Glaser invitation automatic or do they review your application first?
    they review your application first

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by birminghamfc52)
    they review your application first
    Did you hear back relatively quickly then?

ReputationRep:
    Did you hear back relatively quickly then?
    No it took a few weeks

ReputationRep:
    Just got a WG test invite! Does anyone know what the procedure is after the test? Is there a phone/video interview? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by midnightblue188)
    Just got a WG test invite! Does anyone know what the procedure is after the test? Is there a phone/video interview? Thanks
    I think there's an interview of some sort. Don't know how long they take to respond to the WG though.

ReputationRep:
    I think there's an interview of some sort. Don't know how long they take to respond to the WG though.
    I got my WG invite a day after submitting my application but its been a week and a half since I did the WG. Applications close today so hopefully for those who did the test already we will hear from next week onwards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ORW)
    I got my WG invite a day after submitting my application but its been a week and a half since I did the WG. Applications close today so hopefully for those who did the test already we will hear from next week onwards.
    Hope so!

ReputationRep:
    I got the invitation to do the WGT as well, submitted my app on the 16th? Will be doing mine in the next couple of days!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by birminghamfc52)
    Has anyone heard yet?
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    I received my outcome - passed the watson glaser test, but declined a place in their programme.

On the bright side, I was selected for Shearman & Sterling and Herbert Smith Freehills' first year schemes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverseall)
    I received my outcome - passed the watson glaser test, but declined a place in their programme.

On the bright side, I was selected for Shearman & Sterling and Herbert Smith Freehills' first year schemes!
    How long ago did you hear?

ReputationRep:
    How long ago did you hear?
    I heard from Linklaters and Shearman & Sterling last week, Herbert Smith Freehills was yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    I heard from Linklaters and Shearman & Sterling last week, Herbert Smith Freehills was yesterday.
    Well done for getting the other schemes

ReputationRep:

How did you find out if you passed the Watson-Glaser test? Did it say it in the email? I got rejected today and it just said they were not progressing with my application.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 12, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.