Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Undercover Atheists Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Query22)
    I'm a Sunni so I don't believe in Taqqiya. Anyway I will put those verses you referenced in a spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Show

They wish that you reject faith, as they have rejected, and thus that you all become equal (like one another). So take not Awliya' from them, till they emigrate in the way of Allah. But if they turn back, take (hold of) them and kill them wherever you find them, and take neither Awliya' nor helpers from them. 90. Except those who join a group, between you and whom there is a treaty (of peace), or those who approach you with their breasts restraining from fighting you as well as fighting their own people. Had Allah willed, indeed He would have given them power over you, and they would have fought you. So, if they withdraw from you, and fight not against you, and offer you peace, then Allah has made no way for you against them.

The part in bold explain why they were to be killed. Some people accepted Islam but secretly supported the enemy. These people knew that if they supported Islam, they would not be killed so they can do the dirty work of the enemy and try and create trouble with the Muslims. Read the tafsir of Ibn Kathir - this is where I you can get the context from. If these people are found out, they are given the option to "emigrate" first, if they refused then they are killed.

But if they repent and establish worship and pay the poor-due, then are they your brethren in religion. We detail Our revelations for a people who have knowledge. (11) And if they break their pledges after their treaty (hath been made with you) and assail your religion, then fight the heads of disbelief - Lo! they have no binding oaths - in order that they may desist. (12)

The same principle applies here as above so it's self-explanatory. Maybe actually read what you reference? Which ex-muslim do you know has broken a peace-treaty?

Why not take a look at verse 2:256?

256. There is no compulsion in religion. Verily, the right path has become distinct from the wrong path. Whoever disbelieves in Taghut and believes in Allah, then he has grasped the most trustworthy handhold that will never break. And Allah is All-Hearer, All-Knower.

The verse you cite to "disprove" the verses I quoted comes from earlier on in the Qu'ran and thus is invalid by your own theological standards

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    The verse you cite to "disprove" the verses I quoted comes from earlier on in the Qu'ran and thus is invalid by your own theological standards
    From theological standards, you've just taken one thing and tried to apply it to a whole. Doesn't work like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AngryRedhead)
    It wasnt abrogated if thats what you imply. If you read the commentary by Ibn Kathir he explains how it still stands.

Also, I already explained the verses you quoted. Did you read it??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    Lol. If you blame the whole religion then you're just idiotic. I have the read the Quran and I think you might be reading some demonic crap because the holy Quran I know, isn't filled with hatred. Did you research why Muhammad (saw) married a little girl? I was shocked at first but did my own research
    The bible has some horrible stuff in it, but of course no one makes a fuss about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emerald7770)
    If your parents were to kill you then it's your parents problem. You're stupid for blaming the whole religion for something your parents would do. What stupid reasons for leaving Islam.
    There's nothing stupid about leaving a toxic religion that tries to make you feel sinful and worthless when compared to God. And one doesn't need a good reason to leave a religion anyway, one can leave for whatever reason one pleases.

ReputationRep:
    I think your quite pathetic for persuading your sister that you shouldn't belive in islam, atleast have the guts to tell your parents and dont betray your parents by persuading your little sister who is probably heavily influenced by what your saying.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 19, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.