Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    its just an easy option for ppl who think their gonna fail other subjects.

ReputationRep:
    Can you explain how I am likely to be predicted AABD with D in media, plus my mate AABC with C in media...no you obviously have no clue what you are talking about since I doubt you have ever studied it yourself. Stop making assuptions unless your willing to let people make them about you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)
    Can you explain how I am likely to be predicted AABD with D in media, plus my mate AABC with C in media...no you obviously have no clue what you are talking about since I doubt you have ever studied it yourself. Stop making assuptions unless your willing to let people make them about you.
    Here, here!! Sorry mate but I have to agree that Media Stuides is not at all easy, and this is coming from someone who has studied it for the last 2 years. I'll be lucky to get a B, and my other very smart friends are also in the same position. It isn't easy like evryone thinks and it is a bloody interesting and handy subject to study especialy in todays media orientated world.

Other people on here seem to **** off the subject, and I don't know about you, but none of them seem to have studied the subject so try not to **** something off which you probably haven't fully studied at first hand as Media Studies is no joke, and it certainly isn't for people who see it as an easy A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by btigershark)
    Here, here!! Sorry mate but I have to agree that Media Stuides is not at all easy, and this is coming from someone who has studied it for the last 2 years. I'll be lucky to get a B, and my other very smart friends are also in the same position. It isn't easy like evryone thinks and it is a bloody interesting and handy subject to study especialy in todays media orientated world.

Other people on here seem to **** off the subject, and I don't know about you, but none of them seem to have studied the subject so try not to **** something off which you probably haven't fully studied at first hand as Media Studies is no joke, and it certainly isn't for people who see it as an easy A
    Another thing is that I think the % of As are probably higher in alot of other subjects than in Media, I know at least 5-6 of the people in my maths class will get As, compared to maybe 1-2 in Media (both classes are similar size).

ReputationRep:
    I agree Media studies is hard my brother does it and he is amaising at it and he got a bad alevel result for it. Its just people like you who are giving it a bad name .No alevels are easy

ReputationRep:
    i do media studies and yes, it is difficult. Whoever says it's easy is on another planet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jumpunderaboat)

Ask him what A-Level grades he got

ReputationRep:
    Were you not going to Sports Science at one point Horrorboy at university? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Were you not going to Sports Science at one point Horrorboy at university? :cool:
    Ah, David Beckham studies.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    He's going to the Bolton Institute. I demand you retract "university" from that sentence.

ReputationRep:
    I personally found Media quite easy but that's just because (not to brag or anything) I'm good at the subject. There were other people though who really struggled at it, there's a lot of analysis and practical work involved and if you don't know the conventions of what you're doing then it's very difficult to do well in.

Just trying to protect my B, I was pleased with it and don't want people talking badness about the subject.

ReputationRep:
    Well to update, I actually got an A...

ReputationRep:
    Not bad i guess

ReputationRep:
    Still it wasn't easy and I like to think of myself as an A grade student :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    hey there i did AVCE media studies which meant i was doin 2 a levels in one, and it was hard some of it especially the analytical stuff, omg that was impossible. i found it easier though wi the creative side, like creating a website etc because im good like that....but media aint that easy i think there are a lot of elements of otehr subjects in media, esp english thats a big one as in media exams u have to write structured essays and answers which make sense lol, and u have analyse using terminology etc. its hard also because, i think its difficult to write the "right" answer if u c what i mean as everyones view of something will b different. xxxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlotte_uk)
    hey there i did AVCE media studies which meant i was doin 2 a levels in one, and it was hard some of it especially the analytical stuff, omg that was impossible. i found it easier though wi the creative side, like creating a website etc because im good like that....but media aint that easy i think there are a lot of elements of otehr subjects in media, esp english thats a big one as in media exams u have to write structured essays and answers which make sense lol, and u have analyse using terminology etc. its hard also because, i think its difficult to write the "right" answer if u c what i mean as everyones view of something will b different. xxxx
    I'd say your english has to be reasonable but not much is incorporated into the course content (a-level/gcse anyway), however A-B grade students will have good knowledge in communications, politics, psychology, sociology and to a lesser extent, history.

ReputationRep:
    Although I'm not studying it for AS level, I did it for GCSE, and let me tell you, it is NOT easy! I hated it and it was definitely my worst subject. I got an E in the mock, managed to pull that up to a B after a lot of hard work and revision, but it was one of only 3 subjects I didn't get A/A* in. It involves a lot of analytical and technical stuff that people who've never studied it don't have a clue about, and the questions are all essay-style. Out of a class of about 20, I'd say 15 got D-G grades or failed, and most of the class were normally A*-C grade students. No-one got an A*, one boy got an A, I got a B and I think about 3 people got Cs. So it can't be that easy. Looks like you don't know what you're talking about....

ReputationRep:
    i really wanted to take media studies, but it didnt fit into my timetable, i would have had to give up another subject and i couldnt give up graphics. Took eng instead.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Media Studies for the second year. I got an A last year, which I think was because I have a strong passion for the subject. The coursework mark was 119/120 so that probably helped me in my exam. I hate it when people think its a slack off subject because it really isnt. It goes into great detail about numerous things, that you must know for the exam.Just annoys me to think all that hard work, and someone can just make a sweeping statement that makes a whole subject look bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sk04)
    I'm doing Media Studies for the second year. I got an A last year, which I think was because I have a strong passion for the subject. The coursework mark was 119/120 so that probably helped me in my exam. I hate it when people think its a slack off subject because it really isnt. It goes into great detail about numerous things, that you must know for the exam.Just annoys me to think all that hard work, and someone can just make a sweeping statement that makes a whole subject look bad.
    Congrats on the A, what UMS did you get overall?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 19, 2005

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.