Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys,

I applied to Oxford MSc taught code in Pharmacology (wayyyy after the standard deadline) and was given an interview invitation next week. Can someone give me an idea what they are going to ask during the interview?

Also, for post-deadline applications like mine, how will the admission process be like? How long do I need to wait for a post-interview decision?

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I'm in the same situation, except my interview will be next week. How did your interview go? What sort of things they asked you?

ReputationRep:
    Hi all. I received my email offer for the taught MSc this morning. I'm already a student here in Oxford and my masters project is in collaboration with the Pharmacology department. I'm just finishing my MChem here and I'm very excited about next year! Would be good to know a few others before we start in October!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by msfelippe)
    Hi! I'm in the same situation, except my interview will be next week. How did your interview go? What sort of things they asked you?
    Hi, sorry for the late reply,

The interview was very casual for me. They just asked very standard questions like: "Why Oxford?", "why pharmacology?", "your future career plan?", etc. The only tricky part was a scientific question, where you need to apply your scientific knowledge to answer. But rest assured, they will not expect you to give a Ph.D. (or MSc lol) level answer to that question. Just make sure you can provide them with a logical, well-thought response. I got my offer earlier this morning; best of luck to you too. I hope I can see you there as a fellow MSc student

And @extons, very happy to know you, I will see you soon at Oxford!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t0311)
    Hi, sorry for the late reply,

The interview was very casual for me. They just asked very standard questions like: "Why Oxford?", "why pharmacology?", "your future career plan?", etc. The only tricky part was a scientific question, where you need to apply your scientific knowledge to answer. But rest assured, they will not expect you to give a Ph.D. (or MSc lol) level answer to that question. Just make sure you can provide them with a logical, well-thought response. I got my offer earlier this morning; best of luck to you too. I hope I can see you there as a fellow MSc student

And @extons, very happy to know you, I will see you soon at Oxford!
    Awesome! Thank you - that makes me much more relaxed for my interview tomorrow. Do you think it's worth revising anything tonight? I really don't know how to prepare for the scientific questions they might ask. The question they asked you is something you covered in your BSc?

Thanks again for your helpful response! And congrats on your offer!

ReputationRep:
    Awesome! Thank you - that makes me much more relaxed for my interview tomorrow. Do you think it's worth revising anything tonight? I really don't know how to prepare for the scientific questions they might ask. The question they asked you is something you covered in your BSc?

Thanks again for your helpful response! And congrats on your offer!
    The scientific questions will never be straight out of the textbook. However, I can assure you that you can utilize your current knowledge to answer it . In my opinion, they never expect you to be able to answer the question correctly anyway. What they want to test is your ability to logically reason for a possible answer. Their feedback for my answer was: "Yeah, that's a possible solution to this problem". Until now, I'm still not sure if my answer was correct . So... just relax and believe in yourself. A clear mind will definitely help you a lot to tackle that question. Best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys!

I received my offer for the taught Msc a couple of weeks ago (I was good with my deadlines) and I start this fall! I'm currently finishing my Bachelors in Pharmacy and I can't wait to get to Oxford! It would be great to connect with you before we get there.

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I received my conditional offer earlier this morning!! I'm a Brazilian prospect student and I'm still deciding on a few details before I accept this offer. For those of you already studying at the University, what is Oxford really like? It can be a little daunting when I stop to think about it haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shruti3112)
    Hi guys!

I received my offer for the taught Msc a couple of weeks ago (I was good with my deadlines) and I start this fall! I'm currently finishing my Bachelors in Pharmacy and I can't wait to get to Oxford! It would be great to connect with you before we get there.
    Hi! I received my conditional offer earlier this morning!! I'm a Brazilian prospect student and I'm still deciding on a few details before I accept this offer. For those of you already studying at the University, what is Oxford really like? It can be a little daunting when I stop to think about it haha
    (Original post by t0311)
    The scientific questions will never be straight out of the textbook. However, I can assure you that you can utilize your current knowledge to answer it . In my opinion, they never expect you to be able to answer the question correctly anyway. What they want to test is your ability to logically reason for a possible answer. Their feedback for my answer was: "Yeah, that's a possible solution to this problem". Until now, I'm still not sure if my answer was correct . So... just relax and believe in yourself. A clear mind will definitely help you a lot to tackle that question. Best of luck!
    Congratulations guys on the offers! I'm looking forward to meeting with you all. Maybe it would be worth us setting up a Whatsapp group so we can all chat together before we start. I'm currently a student here in Oxford and my MChem masters project is heavily pharmacology based so I'm already involved within the department, so if you have any questions you can ask me there. Alternatively Facebook would work.

If you PM me your Whatsapp / Facebook I will try to combine something for all of us exciting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extons)
    Congratulations guys on the offers! I'm looking forward to meeting with you all. Maybe it would be worth us setting up a Whatsapp group so we can all chat together before we start. I'm currently a student here in Oxford and my MChem masters project is heavily pharmacology based so I'm already involved within the department, so if you have any questions you can ask me there. Alternatively Facebook would work.

If you PM me your Whatsapp / Facebook I will try to combine something for all of us exciting!
    "extons has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."

ReputationRep:
    "extons has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space."
    Haha same!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shruti3112)
    Haha same!
    So sorry! And TSR isn't seeming to let me delete them

Feel free to add me on Facebook: fb.com/extons and I'll sort the group out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by extons)
    So sorry! And TSR isn't seeming to let me delete them

Feel free to add me on Facebook: fb.com/extons and I'll sort the group out!
    Just did!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys hope you masters is going well!
    I am actually considering this course but I am not sure why you guys chose it, hoping to do PHD afterwards?
    I like pharmacology as I am doing it anyway so do you recommend me doing it at a masters level and what are the future prospects?

If the applicant is not from a Russel group university will they be at a disadvantage?

Hoping you guys answer my questions. 😁

Thank You

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.