Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys: Why am I so undateable? Watch

ReputationRep:
    your not as 'good looking' as you say you are then
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I wasn't trying to show off of brag; I just wanted to make it clear that I took a studious path in life
    Yeah... at the end of the day you're not at a job interview when looking for a partner. What you just described sounded like a CV and that would really put me off - no offence.

You sound like a nice girl, so it shouldn't be hard for you to find a decent guy.

I still don't understand why girls think us lads will magically turn up and drop to our knee to propose. 🤔 Wake up and start initiating a convo and then see if that can develop further into a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried initiating conversations with guys and taking it further? If not, you can't complain. It's similar to not applying for jobs and just uploading your CV somewhere for employers to come to you - not exactly maximising your chances of being taken off the market.

ReputationRep:
    Before I start; I've made this post anonymous for a reason - so that I can be as truthful as possible to get honest feedback. I am in no way exaggerating my characteristics to get sympathy from people on the internet. This is a genuine issue for me and I'd appreciate honest feedback.

I'm a 20 year old female, currently doing a really good degree at a top Russell Group Uni (details not submitted for obvious reasons).

I've always prioritised education growing up: I worked really hard throughout my GCSES and A levels to get straight A's so that I could study at a great uni and eventually get a great job. Growing up, I was a bit of an ugly duckling so that made focusing on studying easier as I wasn't fawning over guys and makeup.

However, when I hit about 16, puberty did wonders and I became much better looking with a good body that I work hard in the gym to maintain (I'm a 'slim thick' body type).

However, I still focused on my education as I had just entered my AS levels and knew the tough road that lied ahead. I would hear from friends that some guys liked me or they found me attractive but I wasn't much interested and preferred to focus on studying.

Now, 4 years later, it's hit me that I'm 20 and I have no experience with boys. I'm still "good looking" and have the same body type but I don't get any meaningful attention from boys. I get looks from guys whilst I'm walking but they never stop to talk; I see guys checking me out but again, that's all I seem to be - eye candy.

I used to think guys were intimidated by my all rounded success but I'm not sure if thats the problem. I really thought I would have had a boyfriend by now. I don't believe in sex before marriage so I'm not worried about being a virgin but I'm just wondering - what am I doing wrong? Why am I so undateable?
    PM me and I'll explain

(Original post by Rhaenys10)
    Lmao when it comes to relationship, you need to have something to offer, darling. Do you open up easily, do you let yourself be vulnerable, do you treat men (and people in general) as individuals? Are you honest? Sympathetic? Willing to help? These are the questions you need to ask yourself.

In short, do you have any relationship skills?

Your degree won't help you in this respect.
    Agreed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    One question - wtf is a "slim thick" body type? Those two words kind of contradict each other.
    Its pretty broad but it usually means a slim person who is well shaped or has curves.
    In other words imagine a thick curvy person but slimmer

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you're good looking but the attitude or perceived attitude is putting guys off.

If you really want to get to know more guys, best advice would be to approach them yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Have you considered asking your female friends for tips?

Generally, I think coffee shops can be a little better than bars/clubs when it comes to meaningful interactions - can be a bit 'flirty' and with the lack of alcohol it can be a little more 'real'.

Good luck.

PS: If you want to you can PM me for honest chat - please do not think I am 'coming on' to you. Although I'm (allegedly) a bi guy, I'm into guys.

ReputationRep:
    Before I start; I've made this post anonymous for a reason - so that I can be as truthful as possible to get honest feedback. I am in no way exaggerating my characteristics to get sympathy from people on the internet. This is a genuine issue for me and I'd appreciate honest feedback.

I'm a 20 year old female, currently doing a really good degree at a top Russell Group Uni (details not submitted for obvious reasons).

I've always prioritised education growing up: I worked really hard throughout my GCSES and A levels to get straight A's so that I could study at a great uni and eventually get a great job. Growing up, I was a bit of an ugly duckling so that made focusing on studying easier as I wasn't fawning over guys and makeup.

However, when I hit about 16, puberty did wonders and I became much better looking with a good body that I work hard in the gym to maintain (I'm a 'slim thick' body type).

However, I still focused on my education as I had just entered my AS levels and knew the tough road that lied ahead. I would hear from friends that some guys liked me or they found me attractive but I wasn't much interested and preferred to focus on studying.

Now, 4 years later, it's hit me that I'm 20 and I have no experience with boys. I'm still "good looking" and have the same body type but I don't get any meaningful attention from boys. I get looks from guys whilst I'm walking but they never stop to talk; I see guys checking me out but again, that's all I seem to be - eye candy.

I used to think guys were intimidated by my all rounded success but I'm not sure if thats the problem. I really thought I would have had a boyfriend by now. I don't believe in sex before marriage so I'm not worried about being a virgin but I'm just wondering - what am I doing wrong? Why am I so undateable?
    Try Online dating? In my opinion I'm old fashioned, but if you lack the confidence, at least you get to choose your appropriate mate! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Work on the flirting. Be a bit wilder. Get a more successful mate to give you a bit of guidance.

And if you're really serious about the no sex before marriage lark, search out some Christian groups. Although from what I've seen they tend to be more sinful than one might imagine..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 11, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.