Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Name a positive experience you've had on TSR Watch

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Can be something major such as meeting a good friend on here or something small as gaining a new gem :teehee:

For me, the biggest would be meeting new friends. I have a few friends on here I talk to daily and have been close to over the last few years and I actually met my best friend on here we've met in person numerous times, text and snapchat every day, she's going to my wedding and is a really important person in my life if it weren't for TSR, I probably wouldn't have met her or other good friends I've made on here :yep:

Reaching 11 gems and becoming a CT member (soon to be ST ) was cool too :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    I have yet to meet any friends on here (still hoping )

ReputationRep:
    i met my boyfriend on tsr
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    This might sound really lame, but there was one year where I was voted Member of the Year for the whole website in the TSR Awards! :king1: I was quite chuffed at that, given there were over a million TSR accounts at the time but enough people had nominated and voted for little old me. I was very touched

Another positive experience I had was when I finally plucked up the college to make formal complaints against my former uni. I wouldn't have had the guts to go through with it were it not for several members of GOG Soc encouraging me and helping me draft the complaint letters, etc. So many people went out of their way by reading over drafts of the letters etc. They were tremendously supportive and it still means a lot to me that people would do that for me
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    This might sound really lame, but there was one year where I was voted Member of the Year for the whole website in the TSR Awards! :king1: I was quite chuffed at that, given there were over a million TSR accounts at the time but enough people had nominated and voted for little old me. I was very touched

Another positive experience I had was when I finally plucked up the college to make formal complaints against my former uni. I wouldn't have had the guts to go through with it were it not for several members of GOG Soc encouraging me and helping me draft the complaint letters, etc. So many people went out of their way by reading over drafts of the letters etc. They were tremendously supportive and it still means a lot to me that people would do that for me
    You deffo deserved that award :love::hugs:

Talking to you and MHSS was another positive experience for me. I remember you were one of the first people I ever spoke to properly on here and look at us now, I've even sent you a secret santa gift
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    You deffo deserved that award :love::hugs:

Talking to you and MHSS was another positive experience for me. I remember you were one of the first people I ever spoke to properly on here and look at us now, I've even sent you a secret santa gift
    Awww thanks!

Here's to many more years of top-notch banter, cat pics (obvs), and MHSS-ness to come :hugs:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I went to TSR HQ and met all the staff.

Life goal completed.

ReputationRep:
    Some of the people.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    same goes with negative experience too obvs different people

ReputationRep:
    Met some very cool peeps.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    A positive for everyone should be meeting me. jk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Novascope)
    Met some very cool peeps.
    Yeh regretted it nine months later mind you....

Ah I'd have to agree with Novadope though. Met just the one person, but she is sweet!! Long may it last.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    I went to TSR HQ and met all the staff.

Life goal completed.
    Everyone secretly has a soft spot for this lad

And I'm no different.

Jelly as to be honest...not really that'd be kinda awkward. I say some weird **** on here.

ReputationRep:
    Meeting retro_turtles

ReputationRep:
    Mehhh never had one yet.... maybe I don't post in the right sub forums? :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Can be something major such as meeting a good friend on here or something small as gaining a new gem :teehee:

For me, the biggest would be meeting new friends. I have a few friends on here I talk to daily and have been close to over the last few years and I actually met my best friend on here we've met in person numerous times, text and snapchat every day, she's going to my wedding and is a really important person in my life if it weren't for TSR, I probably wouldn't have met her or other good friends I've made on here :yep:

Reaching 11 gems and becoming a CT member (soon to be ST ) was cool too :teehee:
    Juno helping me with getting a care related role and of course the sterling medical school/ investment banking advice on here. Otherwise the awesome people like Saba, hezz and FF77

ReputationRep:
    OP's mum
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    ST Meet 2016 - great experience + was so nice to see so many members of the support team/SLs/CT in one place

Looking forward to ST Meet 2017!
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:

Meeting many great people at a few meets and results day, knowing I contributed to helping a few people get into university and when I ve needed support or just a bit of a moan the teams always been there for me in my time on the support team
    Having my team mates vote for me to have the special snowflake award and getting nominated and 3rd place for a tsr award meant a lot to me too.

ReputationRep:
    posting memes

• Welcome Squad

Met my boyfriend on TSR and it has easily been one of the happiest years of my life

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.