Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Name a positive experience you've had on TSR Watch

ReputationRep:
    Meeting retro_turtles. Jk
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    Met my boyfriend on TSR and it has easily been one of the happiest years of my life
    Aww cute! I wish you and your bf all the very best :love::hugs:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    Meeting many great people at a few meets and results day, knowing I contributed to helping a few people get into university and when I ve needed support or just a bit of a moan the teams always been there for me in my time on the support team
    Having my team mates vote for me to have the special snowflake award and getting nominated and 3rd place for a tsr award meant a lot to me too.
    I hope to attend the meet and greets one day when I become ST even if means travelling to England
    The award was well deserved :hugs: aww I've made it down to the top 6 for the friendliest member of 2016, that made me really happy and proud
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Awww thanks!

Here's to many more years of top-notch banter, cat pics (obvs), and MHSS-ness to come :hugs:
    I'll happily keep providing the cat pics :teehee: free of charge, of course
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor
    • Study Helper

Leaving the SL team :hand:

Nah, I kid, I did enjoy my time on the team and it was one of the most positive experiences. Met and made plenty of amazing friends on the team who I'm still in contact with. The most positive experience, however, is slightly unorthodox but related to this.

Months ago, I had this horrible psychotic episode thing and was all alone in the middle of London. I managed to text (with the help of Slowbro93, I believe - it's all hazy now) MrDystopia and he literally travelled half way round London to come and find me and keep me safe. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that that guy literally saved my life that day.

He's not a bad guy, as much as I hate to admit it.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    I hope to attend the meet and greets one day when I become ST even if means travelling to England
    The award was well deserved :hugs: aww I've made it down to the top 6 for the friendliest member of 2016, that made me really happy and proud
    That nomination is something to be proud of The meets are great, it's great to put faces to names especially, always well worth making the trip down south (there's nothing stopping you arranging your own Scottish meet if you wanted)
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    That nomination is something to be proud of The meets are great, it's great to put faces to names especially, always well worth making the trip down south (there's nothing stopping you arranging your own Scottish meet if you wanted)
    When in the year are the meets usually?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    When in the year are the meets usually?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    September but we sometimes organise our own meet ups.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    Months ago, I had this horrible psychotic episode thing and was all alone in the middle of London. I managed to text MrDystopia and he literally travelled half way round London to come and find me and keep me safe. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that that guy literally saved my life that day.
    This means a lot to read, thank you my man.

In regards to positive experiences, meeting the fellow ST/SL/CT is obviously a great thing. Made so many friends as a result. I'd say the two major staff meets I've been to have been just great for varying reasons. The alcoholic tales/shenanigans, won a couple of awards last year which surprised me, meeting a certain someone, and just all the crazy stories that come out of the mod meets. Love them.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Winning the Halloween costume competition last year was another highlight for me

ReputationRep:
    Met a FwB. What a glorious day.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cupcakes87)
    Met my boyfriend on TSR and it has easily been one of the happiest years of my life
    This is soooo cute 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Michiyo found my wife here.

ReputationRep:
    Pfft zero.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by prazzyjazzy)
    Michiyo found my wife here.
    Aww, my beloved wifey :love::lovehug:

Meeting all the cool people from the African society. Really level headed, interesting and intelligent young black people on there and it's refreshing.

Meeting CoolCavy
      Meeting somemightsay888
      Getting help with my MH from nice people like Airmed and The_Lonely_Goatherd and acupofgreentea
      Meeting the nice people from the old kik gc that are still bothered to talk to me like homeland.lsw Zargabaath and Willy Pete

Also special mention to:
      CheeseIsVeg
      SeanFM
      Oops missed out: Hydeman and FireFreezer77

The last two years have been *****ier than normal and who knew some internet people would make it worthwhile

Oh wow I did a circle jerk post :afraid:
      • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by StrawbAri)
      Meeting all the cool people from the African society. Really level headed, interesting and intelligent young black people on there and it's refreshing.

Meeting CoolCavy
      Meeting somemightsay888
      Getting help with my MH from nice people like Airmed and The_Lonely_Goatherd and acupofgreentea
      Meeting the nice people from the old kik gc that are still bothered to talk to me like homeland.lsw Zargabaath and Willy Pete

Also special mention to:
      CheeseIsVeg
      SeanFM

The last two years have been *****ier than normal and who knew some internet people would make it worthwhile

Awww so.many lovely people :lovehug: hope u r ok Strawbs, fancy a dance or karaoke?

ReputationRep:
      I faced the worst of humanity - walked through the valley of the shadow of death, answered on fifty threads asking whether white girls date Asians, kept my calm as overly cheeky AMA's popped up at night, saw people who didn't know what the EU was have an opinion on Brexit, read comments so thirsty you'd think that the person was dehydrated - and got through it all stronger.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by StrawbAri)

Meeting CoolCavy
      Meeting somemightsay888

Also special mention to:
      CheeseIsVeg
      SeanFM

:lovehug:

Hope you're doing ok lovely :cube:
      • Political Ambassador
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      Getting the support from my closest friends on here who I genuinely count as my best friends and they know who they are. Without them, I don't think I could be who I am today and open with my MH at all.
      • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by sameehaiqbal)
      i met my boyfriend on tsr
      Awww that's so sweet
      • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MadVisionary)
      Meeting retro_turtles. Jk
      I repped too quick WHAT DO YOU MEAN JK???

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.