Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dxnden)
    Honestly as much as it's very annoying to hear- just relax and wait, art is probably one of the longest application processes of uni subjects, if anything give them a call just to double check whether there's been a problem or something
    Okay thanks! Have just sent them an email - if I don't hear anything back I'll ring them up

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard back yet? I'm the same situation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasherr)
    Hey They've got back to me with an interview invitation (about 2 days ago) but they haven't let me know anything about booking yet....

ReputationRep:
    Must say Newcastle is possibly the worst one I've applied to - no feedback whatsoever and they took absolutely ages to let me know anything - their course may be good but the admin isn't
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elsfran)
    Must say Newcastle is possibly the worst one I've applied to - no feedback whatsoever and they took absolutely ages to let me know anything - their course may be good but the admin isn't

We're so sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service. I have passed your feedback on to the admissions team in the school and they have provided the response below:

We have received hundreds of applications for BA Fine Art this year with an increase in portfolio submissions on previous years, which has led to a longer decision-making process.
    To ensure we admit the most suitable students, the offer-making process here at Newcastle is meticulous. From January to April each portfolio is carefully assessed by staff to select candidates for interview. Interviews involve two members of staff and a current student. It is a time-consuming but very thorough process. We hold back on making some offers until we have completed the interview process, but we recognise we can make improvements in our communications to manage expectations and we have taken your feedback on board. If you feel you are experiencing any difficulties we recommend you phone to resolve queries quickly. Ring Nigel Villalard on +44(0)191 208 6047.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with Nigel about your application and feedback as the school are very happy to help in any way they can.

Isabella

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmitch16)
    Hi, I still haven't heard anything back - sent my portfolio off mid way through January.... should I be starting to worry...?
    Did you hear anything back? I still haven't heard back from my digital portfolio :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Newcastle University)
    We're so sorry to hear you are unhappy with the service. I have passed your feedback on to the admissions team in the school and they have provided the response below:

We have received hundreds of applications for BA Fine Art this year with an increase in portfolio submissions on previous years, which has led to a longer decision-making process.
    To ensure we admit the most suitable students, the offer-making process here at Newcastle is meticulous. From January to April each portfolio is carefully assessed by staff to select candidates for interview. Interviews involve two members of staff and a current student. It is a time-consuming but very thorough process. We hold back on making some offers until we have completed the interview process, but we recognise we can make improvements in our communications to manage expectations and we have taken your feedback on board. If you feel you are experiencing any difficulties we recommend you phone to resolve queries quickly. Ring Nigel Villalard on +44(0)191 208 6047.

Please do not hesitate to get in touch with Nigel about your application and feedback as the school are very happy to help in any way they can.

Isabella
    Hi Isabella,
    I tried emailing both Nigel Villard and the Newcastle fine art email about my application but still haven't heard back from either. I haven't heard anything since January when they sent me an email stating they had received my digital portfolio. How can I find out when I'll be told?
    Ella

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tasherr)
    I still haven't heard anything, have you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by witte25)
    Hi Isabella,
    I tried emailing both Nigel Villard and the Newcastle fine art email about my application but still haven't heard back from either. I haven't heard anything since January when they sent me an email stating they had received my digital portfolio. How can I find out when I'll be told?
    Ella
    Hi Ella,

I'm sorry to hear that. Please could you contact Nigel Villalard on +44(0)191 208 6047 as soon as possible and he will be able to answer any queries you have about your application.

Isabella

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by witte25)
    Did you hear anything back? I still haven't heard back from my digital portfolio :/
    Hi,

I had my interview last week, from what I heard they're really overrun - seems to be only one person doing admissions...

Let me know if you get an interview and how it goes! To me it was very uncomfortable, no attempt in making you feel at ease... Also heard from a student that they are very strict regarding art styles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmitch16)
    Hi,

I had my interview last week, from what I heard they're really overrun - seems to be only one person doing admissions...

Let me know if you get an interview and how it goes! To me it was very uncomfortable, no attempt in making you feel at ease... Also heard from a student that they are very strict regarding art styles
    We're sorry to hear that you felt uncomfortable in your interview. We have passed your feedback onto the school.

Isabella

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview at Newcastle around 2 weeks ago but haven't heard back and the deadline is fast approaching, anyone else still haven't heard back? 😩

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.