Turn on thread page Beta

Hugging males in Islam watch

(Original post by ScarlettDangerfield)
    I work with a lot of Muslim men (German teacher working with mostly Syrian refugees) and am always surprised at how cuddly the guys are with each other, much more so than we usually see in western Europe. Clearly no-one's told them it's haram.
    because its not haram to hug someone of the same sex as you. that's why i was asking about it because i'm a girl and i was asking if it's haram to hug a guy, not another girl.

(Original post by HAnwar)
    It was narrated that Ma’qil ibn Yassaar said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than that he should touch a woman who is not permissible for him.”

Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 486.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    no offence but i'm muslim and i hate these extremist teachings. stabbed in the head with an iron needle? no wonder people always assume every muslim is ISIS

ReputationRep:
    It was narrated that Ma’qil ibn Yassaar said: the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “For one of you to be stabbed in the head with an iron needle is better for him than that he should touch a woman who is not permissible for him.”

Narrated by al-Tabaraani in al-Kabeer, 486.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    what if it is consensual? as it should always be...?

ReputationRep:
    Why does it matter? Just do what comes naturally to you, if that includes celebrating your relationships with males, by means of platonic hugs, then go for it.

However personally I hate skin on skin contact, I don't even like skin on clothing or clothing on clothing. It just makes me cringe lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    no offence but i'm muslim and i hate these extremist teachings. stabbed in the head with an iron needle? no wonder people always assume every muslim is ISIS
    Just before you call these teachings "extreme" just remember they're coming from the same man who wept for you on his death bed, and who will intercede for you on Yawm al-Qiyāmah.

SubhanAllah may Allah guide the lost youth of today.

(Original post by Ua3142)
    what if it is consensual? as it should always be...?
    It doesn't matter, the hadith doesn't say even if it's consensual or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, I don't agree with it either

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure it's a figure of speech dumbass. :toofunny:

I don't believe it's deep like that, not every man you see or are in contact with wants to lust after you vice versa. If that's the case you won't leave your house then. Your intentions are not lustful so why would you be punished or why would it be haram on your part?

most muslim guys have girlfriends nowadays but will still tell you than hugging is haram lol the irony

most muslim guys have girlfriends nowadays but will still tell you than hugging is haram lol the irony
    Haram is haram even if all Muslims do the opposite. Follow Islam not the Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    somebody lock this thread, the question has been answered.

ReputationRep:
    Just before you call these teachings "extreme" just remember they're coming from the same man who wept for you on his death bed, and who will intercede for you on Yawm al-Qiyāmah.

SubhanAllah may Allah guide the lost youth of today.

It doesn't matter, the hadith doesn't say even if it's consensual or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    please leave the anonymous thread starter. she does not have a good understanding of islam, and doesnt know that the hadith is not literal, but is a method of showing how bad and unacceptable it is to touch a non mehram woman. She is too obsessed with hugging other males. The question has been answered multiple times. the general answer is no, dont hug, whether its sexual or not. end of thread.

ReputationRep:
    How Haram is it? I have male friends whom I hug, however I do not date/kiss them. It is normal for me to hug them, I don't feel anything 'sexual.' To me it is like hugging my girl friends, as I consider all my male friends simply friends and they are too close to me for me to like them in a crush way.
    It's not gay as long as your balls don't touch.

ReputationRep:
    You can hug anyone.

How Haram is it? I have male friends whom I hug, however I do not date/kiss them. It is normal for me to hug them, I don't feel anything 'sexual.' To me it is like hugging my girl friends, as I consider all my male friends simply friends and they are too close to me for me to like them in a crush way.
    Same, it is fine I hug them, talk to them it does not matter.
    In my opinion anyway.

ReputationRep:
    the student room, more like the religion room...ama right? ^^

(Original post by imnotbritish)
    please leave the anonymous thread starter. she does not have a good understanding of islam, and doesnt know that the hadith is not literal, but is a method of showing how bad and unacceptable it is to touch a non mehram woman. She is too obsessed with hugging other males. The question has been answered multiple times. the general answer is no, dont hug, whether its sexual or not. end of thread.
    who is to say a person does not have a good knowledge of Islam? she can hug them

ReputationRep:
    He won't care if one of billions of people hugs someone of the opposite gender. Be at ease.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MyFightSong)
    Men in my family are like that too sadly, one rule for the men another for the women

I even have a cousin who got a girl pregnant outside of marriage, everyone just ignored the obvious and were desperate to see the baby. I was thinking to myself if my cousin was a girl she would either be dead or disowned by the family! SOooo much unfairness!
    yeah its things like that which really pisses me off...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 27, 2017
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.