Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I will start studying in UH starting Sep 2017 and am consideration where to live. I am a quiet person and tend to live by myself. I am considering either single room with shower in campus or some flat off campus. However, after checking the landlord page, it seems that there is no single flat available in the Hatfield area. Is that the normal case? Can anyone share any advice?

Thanks a lot!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Molimolimolly)
    I will start studying in UH starting Sep 2017 and am consideration where to live. I am a quiet person and tend to live by myself. I am considering either single room with shower in campus or some flat off campus. However, after checking the landlord page, it seems that there is no single flat available in the Hatfield area. Is that the normal case? Can anyone share any advice?

Thanks a lot!

Hi
    There are pretty much no one beds or studios except studio in halls and curzon point.

The halls on college lane are VERY nice and new!!!!! Very modern and I really liked my room! They are well furnished and modern! (Not sure about de hav).
    (except telford, telford is not nice as older
    and seems to attract problems)

I struggled alot in halls as they were too loud for me and rather felt like I never left uni or had somewhere to go home to for peace and quiet etc. I left in December and now rent a 2 bed with another girl and have never been happier or doing better at uni (this said I have anxiety and I'm in my mid-life 20s and used to living with just my cat so I found halls very difficult for person reasons/I hate house parties. Halls aren't as bad as it sounds! And they are sooooo convenient!

Halls does have studios to rent!!!!!
    I just couldn't afford one tbh. If it's your first time student living and you like quiet share with as few people as possible imo.

I'm already in the uni so if you have any housing issues just ask and I'll help if I can.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Confusedunicorn)
    Hi
    There are pretty much no one beds or studios except studio in halls and curzon point.

The halls on college lane are VERY nice and new!!!!! Very modern and I really liked my room! They are well furnished and modern! (Not sure about de hav).
    (except telford, telford is not nice as older
    and seems to attract problems)

I struggled alot in halls as they were too loud for me and rather felt like I never left uni or had somewhere to go home to for peace and quiet etc. I left in December and now rent a 2 bed with another girl and have never been happier or doing better at uni (this said I have anxiety and I'm in my mid-life 20s and used to living with just my cat so I found halls very difficult for person reasons/I hate house parties. Halls aren't as bad as it sounds! And they are sooooo convenient!

Halls does have studios to rent!!!!!
    I just couldn't afford one tbh. If it's your first time student living and you like quiet share with as few people as possible imo.

I'm already in the uni so if you have any housing issues just ask and I'll help if I can.

Thank you so much for your reply!
    As I am an international student and I haven't visited the UK before, I decided to stay in hall for my first year to get used to lives here although I am the quiet type. I have already indicate my preference for "quiet" hall and I hope they could really cater my needs.

I am curious when you decided to quit the hall and move out, do you have the money refunded? I hope in case when I need to move out, I could find somebody to share with me!

Another thing is, I notice that the hall contract only started like a week before the semester starts. My idea is to arrive the UK a bit earlier to adapt to the environment. Do you know if it is possible to find somewhere to live near campus for a short period of time, like Sep 1 until mid of Sep? Thanks very much for your reply in advance!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 2, 2017
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.