Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I've just booked to go to New York in the summer, AMA! Watch

• Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    It's been my dream to go to New York for ages, and my partner and I have finally booked to go in the summer! :woo:

Ask me anything about the trip booked or anything else! Have you been to New York of want to? Let me know your travel tips and where to go there if so
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by BurstingBubbles)
    It's been my dream to go to New York for ages, and my partner and I have finally booked to go in the summer! :woo:

Ask me anything about the trip booked or anything else! Have you been to New York of want to? Let me know your travel tips and where to go there if so
    OMG CONGRATS *^O^*

I really want to go to New York City but unfortunately I've only visited the West Coast of the US.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Take me with you uuuuu :puppyeyes:
    Always wanted to go to ny but my parents went without me when on tour with my Mum's choir

The question: What is your 2nd least favourite type of sausage? :mmm: Explain in detail. You will be marked on your spelling, punctuation and grammar. A bonus mark is to be awarded for a reference to benches. [9 marks]
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    OMG CONGRATS *^O^*

I really want to go to New York City but unfortunately I've only visited the West Coast of the US.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hopefully you will be able to soon I've never been to the US before so it'll be my first time. What was the west coast like?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Will you visit the 9/11 memorial (not sure if that's something tourists do, it might put a downer on the trip... I'd like to go though)?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Hopefully you will be able to soon I've never been to the US before so it'll be my first time. What was the west coast like?
    It was warm, and tbh LA and Las Vegas weren't that great. The Grand Canyon was stunning though.

Ooh exciting I am sure you will have a lot of fun. Visit the Empire State Building for me, one of my favourite movies ever is Sleepless in Seattle which had an iconic scene at the top of the Empire State Building, I've always wanted to visit ever since.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    Take me with you uuuuu :puppyeyes:
    Always wanted to go to ny but my parents went without me when on tour with my Mum's choir

The question: What is your 2nd least favourite type of sausage? :mmm: Explain in detail. You will be marked on your spelling, punctuation and grammar. A bonus mark is to be awarded for a reference to benches. [9 marks]
    I would if I could! Maybe we should have a TSR meet/trip there!

Hmm, I want to give this some thought before I legally document my second least favourite sausage, bear with

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Prob a stupid question and something I could Google but isn't it a looooooooooot more effort to go to the U.S. than just grabbing your passport and hopping on a plane to Germany for example? How long does the whole process take before you can actually fly out?

Also are you just gonna go to NY and back or are you planning on taking a lil tour
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I would if I could! Maybe we should have a TSR meet/trip there!

Hmm, I want to give this some thought before I legally document my second least favourite sausage, bear with

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :sadnod:
    Ooh ok then :mmm:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Omg!!!! :love: have a fantastic time :hugs: I've always wanted to visit (and perform in :daydreaming:) Broadway. Will you go and see any shows?

The only that puts me off ever going (other than lack of funds, of course ) is the long flight. I hate flying! Are you ok with flying?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Yay! :woo: Have you made any plans for while you're there yet?

Always wanted to see New York :love:
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Will you visit the 9/11 memorial (not sure if that's something tourists do, it might put a downer on the trip... I'd like to go though)?
    Ooh yeah that's a good shout, thank you! I definitely want to do that, I'll add that to my list which is growing quickly. I've been to quite a lot of memorials such as WW1 and WW2 ones in France and Belgium as well as the Holocaust one in Berlin, I think it's really important to keep learning about them and never forget

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    It was warm, and tbh LA and Las Vegas weren't that great. The Grand Canyon was stunning though.

Ooh exciting I am sure you will have a lot of fun. Visit the Empire State Building for me, one of my favourite movies ever is Sleepless in Seattle which had an iconic scene at the top of the Empire State Building, I've always wanted to visit ever since.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh that sounds amazing, when did you go?

Yeah the Empire State Building is pretty much top of my list as it's about a 5 minute walk from where we are staying :excited:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z33)
    Prob a stupid question and something I could Google but isn't it a looooooooooot more effort to go to the U.S. than just grabbing your passport and hopping on a plane to Germany for example? How long does the whole process take before you can actually fly out?

Also are you just gonna go to NY and back or are you planning on taking a lil tour
    Apart from getting ESTA approval from usembassy.gov for $14 which takes about a week to get, nothing else! I guess if you go for longer like over a month or something you need a visa - it's something I'm going to double check though

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Omg!!!! :love: have a fantastic time :hugs: I've always wanted to visit (and perform in :daydreaming:) Broadway. Will you go and see any shows?

The only that puts me off ever going (other than lack of funds, of course ) is the long flight. I hate flying! Are you ok with flying?
    Thank you I haven't looked at shows yet, it depends how much it is, but I would love to see the Lion King! I'll have a look into that, thanks for reminding me :woo:

I weirdly love flying, so I'm looking forward to that :lol: my partner isn't a massive fan of it but will be okay with it, as it will be worth it :yep:

Do you not like flying at all, or just not long flights?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    NYC is an awesome city ! I am sure you'll enjoy it !
    My tip would be to walk down the High Line: the view is awesome and it is perfect for a stroll 😊 (Besides it's free) !
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseadagg3r)
    Yay! :woo: Have you made any plans for while you're there yet?

Always wanted to see New York :love:
    We've wanted to go for ages so have a lot of things listed mentally we'll write them down soon and priortise things to fit in the week we want to do the usual touristy places like the Empire State building, central park, statue of liberty, TV/film tour, shopping etc. But this thread is already giving me some other ideas such as the 9/11 memorial and Broadway, so if you or anyone else have any ideas please let me know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I hope you enjoy it! I've been there once and it was fantastic! But it is a chaotic, crowded city though (much more so than London) , so make sure you wake up early and avoid the crowds. The subway stations are also very unclean and noisy but it's something that you quickly get used to. Apart from that, it's everything I thought it would be and more.

ReputationRep:
    We went for New Year (not the one just gone the one before) and absolutely loved it! It's a beautiful city and i'm so excited to go back

ReputationRep:
    If you plan on doing all the touristy things, would definitely recommend getting the New York Pass - it gives you access to a lot of the attractions (empire state building, rockefeller, statue of liberty, and more!) We did a boat trip around the whole of manhattan which was really cool!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.