Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amehlia)
    no idea, but don't imagine it's lots! if it's any consolation, 13 people share my bathroom and it's not that bad
    Hi, I am a new PhD student in UCL. I emailed to the student accommodation office about the intercollegiate halls, but they told me that only undergraduate students can apply for the intercollegiate halls. It does not make sense to me and I don't mind staying in the accommodation only for 40 weeks. Have you heard about any UCL post-graduate student who have secured a place in any one of the intercollegiate halls?

Thank you very much.

Chiyu

ReputationRep:
    yo! a couple of my coursmates are at garden halls so i've been there really nice facilities and yes rooms are ensuite, but there are shared showers. the kitchens are massive as they cater for about 17 people, so with so many people in the flat it's usually going to be quite social! even though it is intercollegiate, the majority of students staying there are UCL. also, it's brand new and very modern! as far as i know it's as social as all the other halls too! hope this helps
    Hey, i applied to Garden Halls for my accommodation for my first year at UCL, putting £270 max as the price bracket and selecting 'en suite catered'. I am just a little confused because i assumed en suite would mean your own showers as that's what it seems to infer on the website?! ty

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiyu1203)
    Hi, I am a new PhD student in UCL. I emailed to the student accommodation office about the intercollegiate halls, but they told me that only undergraduate students can apply for the intercollegiate halls. It does not make sense to me and I don't mind staying in the accommodation only for 40 weeks. Have you heard about any UCL post-graduate student who have secured a place in any one of the intercollegiate halls?

Thank you very much.

Chiyu
    sorry, don't know much about post-grads staying in intercollegiate! in the ifor site, there are buildings for graduate students i think, but i they're just for UCL and are not intercollegiate (neil sharp and ann stephenson).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by old_s00uls)
    Hey, i applied to Garden Halls for my accommodation for my first year at UCL, putting £270 max as the price bracket and selecting 'en suite catered'. I am just a little confused because i assumed en suite would mean your own showers as that's what it seems to infer on the website?! ty
    some rooms have showers yes! my friend lives in a self-catered flat, and all of their bedrooms (apart from one or two i think) have a toilet and sink each. perhaps if you live in the catered part, you have a full en-suite, but sadly i don't know. good luck with accommodation!

ReputationRep:
    some rooms have showers yes! my friend lives in a self-catered flat, and all of their bedrooms (apart from one or two i think) have a toilet and sink each. perhaps if you live in the catered part, you have a full en-suite, but sadly i don't know. good luck with accommodation!
    Thanks for your help I think I will try to phone them as that was one of the main reasons i chose that hall!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, do you think the self catered en suite room is too small? i have an offer there, thank you. It looks very tiny on the picture

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chazychaz)
    Great, thanks!

You would generally recommend them for postgrad students, right? For me Garden Halls seems to be the only student hall that I want to apply to. Alternatively I'm going to search for a private shared flat, I think. The advantage of Garden Halls seems to be the easy contact to other students.

I also want to chose "self-catered". Are the kitchens good for both types of rooms (standard superior and townhouse), do you know?

Also: How long can I have overnight visitors in Garden Halls? And are they really strict with partying? Is it allowed to drink alcohol in Garden Halls? Also in the community rooms?

Best,
    Chris
    I am thinking the same questions!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chiyu1203)

Thank you very much.

Chiyu
    I've applied to several intercollegiate halls. I'm waiting for a response. Really hoping I do get one as I don't mind staying in one for 40 weeks either, considering the Ifor Evans is rather far away from the university.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, the description of Standard Superior rooms are a bit ambiguous... would you know if this setup is catered? And only one person per bedroom, right? Thanks so much.

ReputationRep:
    Are the bathroom areas single sex?

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am wondering if the standard superior rooms are catered or self-catered. If they are self-catered are there cooking facilities such as an oven/stove kitchenette to cook our own meals?
    thanks!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.